Nephilim Apocalypse - The Nephilim

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005

      http://www.nephilimapocalypse.com/_theBook/nephilim.asp

      CHAPTER 3The Nephilim
      I would now beg the reader to indulge me somewhat. For this study, I would ask that you put your mind in neutral. That is, put aside for the present, your assumptions and prejudices concerning your opinion of the Old Testament scriptures. Allow, for the time being, that they may contain information that is useful and trustworthy and from which we can learn. Think of yourself as a juror awaiting the evidence. After all the facts are heard, you may then reach an informed verdict.

      The year is 2348 BC., the year of the Noahic deluge. Genesis chapter six provides us with a startling revelation:

      And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them. That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; And they took them wives of all which they chose. There were giants (Nephilim) in the earth in those days: and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which where of old, men of renown.

      Genesis 6:1,2,4

      We are informed that the 'sons of God' saw the daughters of men and took them as wives. Who are these 'sons of God' and from whence came they? Our first chore is to garner all information on these individuals and allow the material to define our conclusions.

      The term 'sons of God' is used eight times in the Old Testament. Let us examine some of these. The following is taken from a debate Yaweh (God) is having with Job:

      "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the cornerstone thereof? When the morning stars sang together, and ALL THE SONS OF GOD shouted for joy."

      Job 38:4-7

      In this discourse between Yaweh and Job, there is an obvious reference to the time of the creation of the world. In this context the "sons of God" refers to what we call angels which are created spirit beings. This is always the case where the expression "sons of God" occurs in the Old Testament.

      Who maketh his angels spirits. His ministers a flaming fire.

      Psalm 104:4

      This also holds true for the New Testament.

      But to which of the Angels said he: "Sit on my right hand..." Are they not all ministering spirits.....

      Hebrews 1 :13,14

      In the book of Daniel, chapter 3, we are told of three men who were thrown into a blazing furnace by the king, Nebuchadnezzar, who then....

      ....Rose up in haste and said unto his counsellors, "Did we not cast three men into the midst of the fire?" "Lo, I see four men walking in the midst of the fire and the form of the fourth is like a son of God."

      Nebuchadnezzar goes on to say:

      "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who hath sent His angel and delivered his servents who trusted in him... "

      Daniel 3: 24,25,28

      It is clear from the above that the fourth being accompanying the three in the fire and referred to as a son of God, is in the following verse called an 'angel'.

      In this next illustration from the Book of Job, we observe a distant gathering of celestial bodies.

      Now there was a day when the sons of God (angels) came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

      Job 1:6

      In the Hebrew, the word 'malak' is translated angel. In the Greek it is aggelos. But a truer rendering of both these Hebrew and Greek words is agent or messenger. The word angel occurs over 300 times in both the Old and New Testaments. In all these places the word agent or messenger would, in my opinion, be a better translation, as our minds have been muddied and distorted by the word angel. For when this word is used we immediately conjure up an image of a naked infant cherubim with tiny wings and no genitalia floating around innocently with a little bow and arrow. Or of a huge glorious being with enormous wings protruding from somewhere between his shoulder blades and illuminated from behind by a huge spotlight!

      Nothing could be further form the truth. Later on in this study I shall present a more detailed evaluation of these messengers or agents. But lest we should stray from our present focus, suffice to say that these messengers always appear as men. They eat and drink and are mistaken for ordinary human beings. Some are referred to by name and are also called 'men'. So they look like us. They eat and drink like us, they wear clothes and they speak like us. But enough for now. Let us return to our original train of thought. In Genesis 6:2 it says:

      The sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all that they chose.

      Again it becomes clear from this passage that there is a distinction between the "daughters of men" on the one hand, and the "sons of God" on the other. What this verse is implying is that these "sons of God", who were created spirit beings, had sex with ordinary human women, and produced children. But these were no ordinary offspring.

      There were giants (nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

      Genesis 6:4

      The Hebrew word for giants in the above verse is 'Nephilim' from the root word naphal meaning to fall. So the progeny of this irruption by these spirit beings with human women are called giants or Nephilim meaning fallen ones. The fallen spirit men themselves are referred to as Nephilim also. For they fell from grace, fell from Heaven and fell to Earth.

      In the course of this book, I shall examine why these spirit beings or messengers became "fallen". But in order to maintain concentration on this present riddle, we shall continue along our study of the Nephilim and their impact on society at the time. You will notice from the passages quoted that we are told these irruptions happened on two occasions. ie.

      "There were giants (Nephilim) in the earth in those days and also after that".

      "In those days" refers to the days of Noah. The expression "and also after that" tells us that these Nephilim were also on the earth after the flood of Noah.

      So these two irruptions of fallen spirit beings with women occurred both before the Flood and then again some time later. For reasons which will become clearer as we progress this thesis, I will firstly deal with the second irruption which occured post the Flood. We are given much information about these giants as they inhabited earth in those days. After examining the evidence concerning them, we shall return to the earlier incursions of the Nephilim before the deluge and how they left their mark on the ancient civilisation at that time.