Re: [ufodiscussion] Doubting Darwin

  • Bill Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2005
      I have been reading every book I can find on the subject of Intelligent Design and
      the Neo-Darwinian theory of evolution and have arrived at tentative conclusions.

      1. There is surprisingly little evidence for the NDT of evolution, especially by Darwin's proposal that
      slow successive steps in microevolution produce macroevolutionary changes.
      2. There is growing evidence that genomes are like collections of intelligent programs and that
      evolution proceeds by non-random changes.

      As Dr. William Dembski (mathematician,philosopher and proponent of ID) states in one paper:
      Abstract: For the scientific community intelligent design represents creationism's latest grasp at scientific legitimacy. Accordingly, intelligent design is viewed as yet another ill-conceived attempt by creationists to straightjacket science within a religious ideology. But in fact intelligent design can be formulated as a scientific theory having empirical consequences and devoid of religious commitments. Intelligent design can be unpacked as a theory of information. Within such a theory, information becomes a reliable indicator of design as well as a proper object for scientific investigation. In my paper I shall (1) show how information can be reliably detected and measured, and (2) formulate a conservation law that governs the origin and flow of information. My broad conclusion is that information is not reducible to natural causes, and that the origin of information is best sought in intelligent causes. Intelligent design thereby becomes a theory for detecting and measuring information, explaining its origin, and tracing its flow.

      Bill Hamilton
      AstroScience Research Network
      http://www.astrosciences.info/
      "I don't see the logic of rejecting data just because they seem incredible." Fred Hoyle