RE: [ufodiscussion] REPTOIDS APPEAR IN LOVECRAFT.

    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 1, 2004
      I don't know about that last statement of yours... Most humans learn by
      example. I think we need someone of a higher order to give us an example of
      what we can attain and also as the needed challenge and impetus to move us
      forward... Like the way a race horse runs faster when it is paced...That is
      one reason why I am all for contact. It will shake up quite a few egos and
      give them something to strive for... I think humanity does better when it is
      striving rather than sitting on it's laurels...;-)

      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 5, 2004
        No need to get sarcastic, Janet. I was just making the point that there
        are as many, if not more, accounts of "negative" behavior toward humans
        during events which the experiencers describe as "abuctions" than their
        are accounts of "positive" behavior. This is NOT so in experiences openly
        described as "contacts". NO, I haven't read ALL accounts, but I think that
        I've read as many as most researchers. I would say that you are fortunate
        that you have never had a negative experience, and I suppose that would
        tend to make you more open to the "bright side" of things.

        I'm just trying to get to the point where we firmly disagree and define it.
        I think that point is that you feel no *entire* race of ETs could be defined
        as "bad" or have "negative intentions" toward humanity on the whole whereas
        I do. You feel that any incidents of negative ET behavior are just examples
        of *individual* "personality quirks" of the particular ET in question. I say
        that this may be so in some cases but I also feel that if we are dealing with
        a collective "hive" mind, as I believe is the case in many encounters, then
        the concept of an entire race of ETs having hostile intentions toward the
        human race is valid.

        I may be wrong here(correct me if I am) but I believe that you also feel, like
        Laneesa and I *think* as Karin too, that all fearful and highly negative and
        traumatic experiences are merely the result of the experiencer's "fear-based"
        mentality and refusal to "open up". Although I can accept that *some* first
        contacts which are initiated without "prior notice" can be unsettling and
        "freaky", on the whole, I disagree with the above generalization about highly
        traumatic events. I myself had a waking "apparitional contact" with a powerful
        entity that could be called "fearsome". It freaked me out and I was afraid but
        I sensed no actual "malevolence" from the being, only a "challenge". It was
        very impersonal to my "ego-self" but I had the feeling that it was transferring
        vast amounts of multidimensional information to a "higher level" of my psyche
        which my conscious mind couldn't comprehend. This event signaled a very
        powerful turning point in my life and I credit it with a great deal of my
        "Initiation".

        As far as creating reality from the energy of our thoughts, I firmly believe
        this too. However, there are many "hidden" thoughts and "false beliefs"
        involved within all of us. I feel that it is from this "hidden" part of
        ourselves that most of our "reality" emerges. Our conscious minds reflect
        this reality and validate it. "Know thySELF!"

        I hope that we understand each other better now and know where to agree to
        disagree. :-)

        Don