Action Without Equal And Opposite Reaction

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004

      Interesting article from Tom.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004

        "In the linear case, the total linear momentum of an isolated system supposedly cannot change. In other words, it is impossible for to generate a forward momentum without an equal and opposite backward momentum. Stated another way, an isolated system cannot move forward without an external force acting upon it, or without exerting a force against its environment. Likewise, in the angular case it is said to be impossible for an isolated system to achieve rotation without the application of an external torque.

        Thus, any device claimed to create action without reaction is denounced as a hoax because this would violate the conservation of linear or angular momentum. "