Re: [ufodiscussion] CONTACT IN RUSSIA

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2010
      That's a fascinating tale, Dex, which has the ring of authenticity
      to me. Thanks for sharing it.

      Valery Uvarov summed up my thoughts and feelings about the matter of
      contact with ET in general with his last sentence though:

      "Few of us, meanwhile, reflect on the fact that the ideas and expectations
      expressed in the plots of films and in Hollywood's depictions of aliens
      mirror our own aggressiveness and low moral and ethical standards, which
      practically excludes any possibility of our terrestrial civilization being
      incorporated into the system of interstellar relations."

      We still have such a lot of civilized development to go through
      before we can hope to be allowed to become free citizens of the cosmic
      society. We have to reign in our aggressiveness and become ethical beings
      for starters. That is going to take many decades yet, I reckon, because our
      present culture actually venerates violent aggression and endorses unethical
      behaviour in the name of protecting national security and advancing the
      interests of the state. If we were non-violent and ethical as a species, I
      feel sure we would not have all these wars that continue to ravage us and
      bring out the worst in us. People who are willing - and even eager - to
      participate in such hellish orgies of death and destruction do not make
      constructive citizens of any society. They are not capable of creating or
      maintaining a higher world and I expect that higher-evolved ETs know this.