Image: Armed officers police subways

  • Brel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi Dex,
      A personal story from a friend of mine.
      A small part of what we're truly up against.
      Kind Regards,
      Bre.

      My father was a navigator in the Pacific in WWII and was a government "servant" his entire working life. He saw things and perhaps did things that he could never speak of to a soul. Seemingly big things and big secrets he took with him to his next journey. But he lived long enough to see that all they did in WWII, all the lives lost, all the devastation and pestilence, were ultimately to no avail. He saw that he had been wrong in laying it all down for his "country" and discovered that "country" was really only a governmental body of slave owners in the way wrong sense of that term. He had such guilt about these things that he had 3 heart attacks, throat cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, a stroke, and Alzheimer's, surviving all but the last. Before his brains went into the la-la land of forgetfulness, he told me all that dis-ease was his penance from his God for what he had done and believed. Tried to show him penance is only self inflicted. But I told him I agreed with him that war is never the answer. Over 2000 years lie wasted as proof. Violence is all-ways wrong unless for personal self defense or defense of family. And even then, murder is murder and there is a price. I vowed to him that I would never repeat his his-story and that seemed to give him some semblance of peace. This transformation of a man was difficult to watch and it took years before those programmed beliefs began to slip away. I'm glad for him that he's no longer here suffering to see such abject failures of a world in which he once so mightily believed there could be freedom. I hope and pray he takes those realizations with his consciousness into his next life wherever and whenever that is. And millions more just like him.