Obama, the Man of Peace

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      From the Daily Mail 29th January 2010:
      'Nobel Peace Prize-winner Barack Obama ups spending on nuclear weapons to
      even more than George Bush'
      See:
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1247049/Nobel-Peace-Prize-winner-Barack-Obama-ups-spending-nuclear-weapons-George-Bush.html

      But how will he pay for these extra WMDs that he said in one of his
      eloquent campaign speeches he wants to see the world rid of?

      From the Telegraph 31st January 2010:
      'Barack Obama abandons bid to return to Moon to allow budget cuts
      President Barack Obama has abandoned attempts to return to the Moon before
      2020 by cutting funds to Nasa in his new budget.'
      See:
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7121220/Barack-Obama-abandons-bid-to-return-to-Moon-to-allow-budget-cuts.html

      Establishing a space station on the Moon was going to be the first
      stage of the peaceful program to colonise Mars. But now that the
      Moon-program has been chopped and Spirit Rover has been abandoned in a
      Martian sand-pit it appears that man's long-cherished dream of expanding
      into space and boldly going where no-one has gone before has come crashing
      down to earth before it got off the launchpad.

      And all at the stroke of Obama's mighty pen too.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010

        I read a little of something today about how his update briefings on the
        Middle Eastern situation
        has detoured what he's wanted to do. The Military are directing in
        accordance with National Security clauses of which he can do little or
        nothing about. We're watching a build up for something....?Your guess is as
        good as mine.
        Today's News...

        Dex

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
          Dex,

          You wrote:
          "I read a little of something today about how his update briefings on the
          Middle Eastern situation has detoured what he's wanted to do."

          Then he should have informed the people openly about what these
          briefings contained that have made it impossible for him to fulfil his
          campaign promises and have compelled him to do the opposite of what he said
          he would do. But this is assuming that the people of the USA still expect
          their President to be open with them and to explain his reasons for taking
          the decisions that he takes on their behalf and in their name as he goes
          along. However if they have consented to be dictated to and kept in the
          dark about his decisions in the despotic manner that currently applies, then
          I suppose it doesn't matter. They have abdicated control over their own
          lives and destinies and must take whatever fates they have unconsciously
          chosen for themselves.

          "The Military are directing in accordance with National Security clauses of
          which he can do little or nothing about."

          This sounds like a situation that's the wrong way around to me.
          Your President is the commander-in-chief of the US military. Surely that
          means the military are supposed to be taking his orders, not him taking
          theirs. When I say "supposed to be" I mean that it is ordained by the
          Constitution, isn't that so? And the Constitution contains no clauses that
          specify how the President is obliged to protect national security when
          certain conditions arise in the Middle East, does it? Where does it say in
          the Constitution that the US military's perception of the national security
          interest supercedes the rule of the US Constitution and that of its chief
          executive officer, the US President? Sorry Dex, but as far as I can see
          Obama's alleged secret capitulation to the military on national security
          grounds is totally illegitimate and illegal. And it makes him complicit in
          all the US military's crimes too.

          "We're watching a build up for something....?Your guess is as good as mine.
          Today's News..."

          If the military are in control of the nation, as you seem to be
          saying that they are, then I think what we are "watching the build up for"
          is perfectly predictable. It will be more war. That is what the military
          exists for - to make war. So that is what they are doing - making war,
          wherever they can. These days, "wherever they can" means all over the
          world. And they will go on doing it until the people stop supporting them
          in their war-making.

          President Obama has the authority to close the valve on the supply
          of people's support to the the US military's war-making efforts. But
          instead of doing that he has opened the valve wider and justified doing it
          with fine-sounding false words about protecting everyone from mythical
          "terrorists" who are whoever the President says they are. He must be the
          answer to the military's prayer! They create Armageddon and he justifies it
          to the people so that they go on supporting it and paying the price of it.

          The tragic history of our planet has shown us, times without number
          and apparently without a single exception, that whenever the military takes
          over the government of a nation the end result is the ruin of that nation
          through war and all the compounded ills that can afflict a society as a
          consequence of their being perpetually at war. If the USA has indeed been
          taken over by the military then the USA is on the downward spiral to ruin
          and disintegration without a doubt. With Obama occupying the Presidency as
          the military's stooge, I fear that the American people can have little hope
          of avoiding this fate.