UFO-file hacker Gary McKinnon granted review on extradition ruling

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
      See:
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hacker-granted-review-on-extradition-ruling-1866971.html

      I have great sympathy for Gary McKinnon and I sincerely hope that
      this latest turn of events is not a false dawn for him. However I suspect
      that the US government will not be satisfied until it has had its pound of
      flesh. McKinnon has not only violated the sanctity of the US
      defence-computers - a serious offence in itself - but he has also injured
      the pride of the US military and that is unforgivable. Also, by the USA's
      definition of terrorism what Gary McKinnon did was a terrorist act. How can
      they let him get away with it when they have been spiriting other people
      away to Guantanamo Bay and secret CIA-prisons to be tortured and
      incarcerated indefinitely for far less serious crimes than Gary McKinnon has
      committed? Who did he think he was messing with, a bunch of soft-hearted
      philanthropists? I fear that he may have an unpleasant surprise coming if
      he thought that.

      Regan
    • Brel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
        Hi Reagan,
        Since his case came to Light, emails regarding him have been right across
        the net.
        He has been interviewed many many times, including by Kerry at Project
        Camelot.
        Once he is in custody in the US, Obama and his admin will have an
        opportunity to question him.
        I think there is a whole lot more going on, from many different directions,
        of which his case will contribute one factor.
        It'll be very interesting to see takes place once, once he is on US soil.
        Kind Regards,
        Bre.