Re: [ufodiscussion] Re: President Barack H. Obama Wins Nobel Peace Award!

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 12, 2009
      Very well put for someone that lives across the pond and has nothing
      invested in your reporting.
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 14, 2009
        To anyone who was familiar with some of the psychological maladies
        to which human beings are prone, George Bush Jr would have rung alarm bells
        in their mind when he ended his first inaugural speech at the beginning of
        2001 with the bizarre, if immortal words, "And an angel still rides in the
        whirlwind and directs this storm." His words sounded way offbeam because
        there was no "storm" in the world at that time for any angel to ride in or
        direct. But George Jr himself soon produced one and by so doing plunged the
        world into the violent anarchy and chaos with which we are all now
        tragically familiar. Bush Jr was a textbook case of megalomania, as his
        subsequent career demonstrated to the letter. He was frequently described
        in the alternative media (i.e. the media not owned by his cronies) as having
        "a Napoleon complex", although personally I always thought that the Roman
        Emperor Nero would have made a closer fit since he thought of himself as a
        deity and George Jr seems to have had similar, if not exactly the same
        pretentions.

        Why is it that all emperors are mad? Even if they start off with
        all their marbles apparently intact they all seem to go stark staring
        bonkers during their reigns. The Roman Emperor Caligula is probably a good
        example of that phenomenon. (He is the one who made his horse a senator.)
        And after thousands of years of imperial craziness manifesting on the world
        scene, which you would think might teach us all that creating empires with
        emperors to rule over them is actually not a very good idea, still humanity
        keeps generating new empires and new would-be emperors to rule over them by
        the minute. No matter how idealistic, libertarian-spirited, peace-loving
        and prosperous a republic might be, it seems that its citizens will
        eventually reject that model of political organisation and turn their
        hard-won republic into an empire so that the dramatic spectacle of a
        megalomaniac emperor being humiliated by the gods can be acted out in human
        experience over and over again.

        This is exactly what seems to many observers to have happened to the
        USA during the Bush Jr presidency, just like it happened to the pre-imperial
        republic of Ancient Rome. As everybody was celebrating the in-coming New
        Year of 2006, the US President George W. Bush quietly declared that he no
        longer considered himself to be bound by the Constitution of the United
        States of America and would govern without regard to its contents
        henceforward. That declaration has never been so much as challenged, let
        alone overturned, in any court nor in the US Congress and so in that fateful
        moment Bush gave himself absolute powers over the USA and changed it from
        being a republic into a de facto empire with himself as its emperor. By
        default the citizens of the USA have already accepted their new, diminished
        status as subjects of the absolute imperial US President. As far as any US
        President needs to be concerned, the US Constitution can now be treated as
        just "a goddam piece of paper!" with total impunity.

        You might expect perhaps that one of the first things on the new,
        in-coming President Obama's agenda upon taking office would be to reverse
        this appalling transformation of the US Republic that Bush Jr had wrought
        and restore the rule of the Constitution and the status of his fellow
        Americans as citizens of the Republic. But no. Obama has kept quiet about
        the whole tragedy and has simply stepped into the Presidency left to him by
        former Pres. Bush unchanged and without any declared intention to change it
        either. In short, Obama has accepted the role of new Emperor of the United
        States of America and all its dominions around the globe.

        Obama-lovers may believe that in his case being the absolute ruler
        of the USA is no bad thing and is even a very good thing because he is an
        exceptionally benign ruler and being so powerful will enable him to bring
        the desperately-needed "change we can believe in" that he promised to
        everyone. But already the signs of imperial megalomania are starting to
        appear. Take for example this statement abstracted from his acceptance
        speech for his Nobel Peace Prize:
        “I am the Commander-in-Chief of a country that's … working … to
        confront a ruthless adversary that directly threatens the American people
        and our allies.”
        (See http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article23724.htm - 9th
        paragraph down)

        Commander-in-Chief? Of a democracy??? Who is he to COMMAND "a free
        people, one nation under God"? And where does he get the inflated idea that
        this is the role to which he was elected? Already he appears to be getting
        above himself and is unconsciously putting his delusions of imperial
        grandeur on display. Clearly Pres. Obama sees himself as the people's
        ruler, not their servant. In his eyes it appears that he is the people's
        boss. But in a democracy, the people are their own boss. In a democratic
        republic the people are not there to take commands from their President.
        The President is there to take the people's commands and carry them out. If
        the Republic still exists then Obama has got the wrong end of the stick
        about what his role is as President. But of course, if the Republic has
        been replaced by an empire and he is really the new de facto Emperor then he
        is right and it is the people who have got the wrong end of the stick.

        Either way it looks like a bad omen to me, I'm afraid. It must also
        be giving our ET visitors pause for thought too, I would imagine. How can
        they form meaningful relationships with earth-humanity when it is embroiled
        in archaic imperial psychodramas that have brought down one civilization
        after another in this planet's long and sordid history?

        Regan
      • Ted
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 15, 2009
          You do that soooo well. STANDING APPLAUSE

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 15, 2009
            Thanks Ted. You are too kind. But your appreciation makes the
            effort worthwhile.

> [...]
            > The President is there to take the people's commands and carry them out.
            > If
            > the Republic still exists then Obama has got the wrong end of the stick
            > about what his role is as President. But of course, if the Republic has
            > been replaced by an empire and he is really the new de facto Emperor then
            > he
            > is right and it is the people who have got the wrong end of the stick.
            >
            > Either way it looks like a bad omen to me, I'm afraid. It must
            > also
            > be giving our ET visitors pause for thought too, I would imagine. How can
            > they form meaningful relationships with earth-humanity when it is
            > embroiled
            > in archaic imperial psychodramas that have brought down one civilization
            > after another in this planet's long and sordid history?

          • Ted
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 15, 2009
              Just keep up the great work. When you right the way you do, your words are
              as if I wrote it , but not as eloquently