Re: [ufodiscussion] 'Moon Rock' in Dutch Museum Is Fake

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2009
      Ted wrote:

      "They've painted themselves in a corner before. So all they have to do is
      wait for the paint to dry.."

      That is very true Ted! However, I am hoping that anyone who
      seriously doubts the genuineness of the Appollo moon-landings will not
      simply fold their hands and wait for the paint to dry too, but that they
      will engage with the real world and follow up the evidentiary leads provided
      by this astonishing case.

      Here we have rock-hard evidence (if you will excuse the pun) of the
      USA passing off a fake moon-rock as the genuine article to a friendly
      foreign government. Why would it have done that?

      Of course, sometimes the most unbelievably crazy things can happen
      as a result of sheer bureaucratic ineptness. Take, for example, the recent
      case in Britain of a Sheffield hospital that wrote to a man who had been
      dead for two-and-a-half years to apologise for the poor treatment that it
      had given him during his demise!
      (See:
      http://news.aol.co.uk/nhs-apologises-over-patient-letter/article/20090829103432129220986 )

      That incident was obviously caused by Hospital adminstrators
      bumbling around in confusion not knowing what they were doing. But I don't
      think we can attribute the same cause of bureaucratic ineptness to the fake
      moon-rock incident. In this case the US government must have known what it
      was doing. Moon-rocks from the Appollo missions were more precious than
      diamonds and were the US equivalent of the British Crown Jewels. They would
      have been handled with the utmost care. So the passing off of a fake
      moon-rock could not have been accidental. It had to have been done
      deliberately. But why? It seems most peculiar to me.