Sacred Hopi Ceremonies

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009
      Dear Listees,

      The blue moon info is kind of eerie. In the Hopi traditions, the planets will be "misted" before some big event occurs. I will try to go find the prophecies and post them. I am amazed at how accurate the Hopis and other Native Americans have been in forecasting what is going to happen.

      MK
      ___________

      Dear MK

      I'd like to share an experience with you I had with 3 other friends of mine, Aurora, Devorah and Daniel.
      In the 70's, around 4:00 am in the morning, before the sun rose, all of us packed up and drove from Sedona, AZ. where we lived, and headed to the 3rd Hopi Mesa to see, at that time, the last Sacred Snake Ceremony Dance.
      It was amazing. Unfortunately, no camera's were allowed.

      An usual experience happened with Aurora. As we sat on top of a house that belonged to a Hopi family, Aurora wanted to personally thank the family for allowing us this privilege.
      She gifted them with a bag of oranges. It was the only thing we brought with us to eat.
      She came back looking a little stunned and told us she had knocked on the door and an old woman answered her knocking and opened the door, looked dead on at Aurora and said to her...Ruth?.. Aurora, answered, yes!, how did you know my name? We didn't know Aurora's real name.
      Things we got to ponder.

      Before the ceremony, while the Hopi's prepared underground for their dance.
      I wandered around for awhile and wound up sitting on the edge of the Mesa on the outskirts of the village. I looked down and saw a thousand deer antlers on a ledge. I'm not exaggerating. Wow! I wondered how could that be. Where are the deer?
      The Dance was spectacular and yes, with live active rattlesnakes, that I personally witnessed bitting a few Hopi's. One Hopi I saw bitten 2 times. They just shook it off and kept dancing. At the end of the Ceremony, the Hopi's let loose in the crowd all the snakes. The children started jumping and running away and some of the Hopi dancers teased the crowd by grabbing the snakes and tossing them back into the center of the square, until the snakes finally scattered everywhere, only to disappear for another year.