Re: [ufodiscussion] FW: [prepare4contact] Crop Circle depicts solar eruptions hitting Earth on July 7

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2009
      As I suspected (see my previous post below) the spectacular 5 solar
      CMEs predicted to hit the earth on July 7th didn't show. Ah well, we all
      make mistakes and speaking as someone who has never attempted to make a
      specific prediction based on a crop figure I am in no position to criticise
      the authors of this one. In my view mistakes are potentially useful because
      they provide us with corrective feedback direct from the universe. I only
      say "potentially useful" though because we are always free to ignore the
      corrective feedback if we so choose.

      Still, I am glad that we were not hit by 5 CMEs all in one go
      yesterday, the reason being that the collapse of modern, electronic world
      civilization would probably have ensued in short order. While some people
      may yearn for a global catastrophe of that physical sort, I do not - at
      least, not this month. I haven't built my garden shelter yet!

      Mind you, out of all the "natural" threats to civilized human
      existence on this planet that have been envisaged to date (i.e. threats
      other than those which come from inside humanity itself) this one - a
      devastating CME - seems the most credible and likely to me. But "most" is a
      relative term and by saying this I don't mean to imply that I think it is
      going to happen. It is just that I am aware that the sun does emit large
      CMEs sometimes, which occasionally do strike the earth, and that modern
      civilization is exceptionally vulnerable to them. However, the world's
      military forces are probably best placed to withstand a CME-strike on earth
      (because they naturally possess the most resilient electronic and electrical
      equipment) so the overall outcome would most likely be the further
      empowerment of the military and the further disempowerment of the civilian
      population. Those would be worse social conditions on earth, not better
      ones, and so this is another reason why I would prefer a catastrophic
      CME-strike not to happen.