Boy Struck By Meteorite

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
      (Note: The military want to classify fireball reports. Hmm..I wonder why? Are there more expected incoming?)

      SPACE.com Space.com Staff

      space.com � Fri Jun 12, 9:45 am ET
      A 14-year old German boy was hit in the hand by a pea-sized meteorite that scared the bejeezus out of him and left a scar.
      "When it hit me it knocked me flying and then was still going fast enough to bury itself into the road," Gerrit Blank said in a newspaper account. Astronomers have analyzed the object and conclude it was indeed a natural object from space, The Telegraph reports.

    • Brel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2009
        Hi Dex,
        That's strange, I would have thought that would have gone straight thru his
        hand, rather than glancing off It.
        Bre.