Re: [ufodiscussion] RE: [prepare4contact] Re: Crop Circle 'Invasion' Message? Who Know's?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
      You ask a good question Dex: "Who knows?".

      It occurs to me though that knowing is not just thinking, or
      believing, or imagining, or feeling, or sensing, or speculating, or
      conjecturing, or dreaming, or fantasising, or opining, or doing any of the
      innumerable semi-intellectual activities that pass for meaningful
      communication in internet fora like this one, where any act of actual
      knowing of anything by anyone would be an event so remarkable and
      astonishing as to stop the internet dead in its tracks.

      Knowing implies certainty. Absolute certainty. We cannot get
      that - about anything - without making the mental effort to know and making
      it in the right way too. Knowing requires discipline. Mental discipline.
      If you don't do the discipline, you don't get the knowledge. You may get
      something else instead that you may think is knowledge, but it won't be
      real, genuine knowledge. Ultimately, it will just be make-believe.

      Western society operates everywhere on the fundamental assumption
      that no-one knows anything. Whenever anyone needs to decide anything
      important, the standard practice employed throughout society is to call upon
      the services of acknowledged experts, who are supposed to be special people
      who can do all the necessary knowing for us. Governments, courts of law,
      universities and just about every other institution of society make liberal
      and extensive use of these (usually highly-paid) formal "knowers" of
      reality. Only the trouble is that even the appointed experts have all been
      indoctrinated in their training with the self-contradictory notion that
      no-one can really know anything, so whenever you ask them a question their
      perennial answer on every occasion boils down basically to "I don't know".
      Hence we live in a permanently confused and bewildered society in which
      no-one ever is, or can be certain of anything.

      It gets worse. Not only have people at large been rendered
      incapable of knowing anything by this peculiar ideology that says no-one can
      know anything, but they are also being increasingly forbidden to know
      anything as well by runaway political authorities who have realised that
      "knowledge is power" and have become pathologically secretive accordingly.
      However, they too have bought the "no-one can know anything" credo and so
      they are unable to actually know anything either and are just as confused as
      everybody else, in spite of possessing vast hoards of secret knowledge that
      they do not really know!

      So I think your question is a very good one indeed Dex. Who in our
      society is actually engaged in the act of knowing something? To whom can we
      turn for enlightenment as to the real meanings of crop circles and 50 pence
      coins alike? There is no-one. No-one at all, for all are prevented and
      forbidden from knowing anything about anything. It is simply not done in
      our society. If anyone really does know something, they are breaking a
      fundamental taboo that is built into our culture and the punishment for
      breaking a social taboo is always extremely severe. They will be
      ostracised, condemned, pilloried and attacked without mercy. It's always
      safer not to know.

      To my mind, this taboo - this culture of nescience which has
      overtaken world civilization - is the primary source and cause of the
      present world crisis. The cause is not that "We are being invaded", but
      that no-one would know it if we were being invaded! Public ignorance and
      confusion may be being sown and festered by deliberate disinformation
      programs, but these are superfluous in fact because the taboo against
      knowing anything will ensure that public ignorance and confusion abound in
      any case.

      There is only one solution to this problem: do away with the taboo
      and the culture of nescience. i.e. We need to start knowing again. We need
      to learn the disciplines that lead to real knowledge and become our own
      experts on reality. It is our reality after all. We have every right to
      know it and possess it.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
        If we took a census, I think we'd find that fittingly description of
        problems, collectively, without argument, we can all relate too.

        I didn't think you had it in you lad, but, what do I know? lol

        Sums it it up most excellent Regan!

        Dex