A New World, if We can Take It

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009
      Exopolitics wrote:

      Source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/?id=363

      A New World, if We can Take It
      26-Apr-2009
      It is now clear that a mistaken policy of 'shoot 'em down'
      by the United States Government, pursued with vigor at least
      through the 1950s by the US Air Force, ruined any chance of
      meaningful contact with our visitors during that period, and
      up to the present.
      Last year, the British Ministry of Defence released
      documentation indicating that a pair of American pilots, one
      of them Milton Torres, had been ordered to fire upon a UFO
      over the United Kingdom on May 20, 1957. Dr. Torres, still
      very much alive, then came forward and told the story that
      he had been ordered to keep secret by the Air Force.
      The UFO, he said, was the size of an aircraft carrier. When
      he and the other pilot involved armed their rockets, it
      simply disappeared from their radars and they did not fire.
      This was not the only time that the Air Force engaged UFOs.
      The reason that this must be true is that the pilots were
      scrambled without warning, and immediately ordered to fire.
      There was no need to obtain prior permission from the
      Ministry of Defence. The orders were already in place and
      the policy behind them decided. Otherwise, there could have
      been no scramble order over a foreign country, let alone an
      order to fire armed missiles over the territory of an allied
      country without prior permission. They had permission. This
      is why they were able to act immediately.
      It still goes on. Despite Air Force denials, FAA radar
      records showed conclusively that jets rose to meet the
      objects that appeared over Stephenville, Texas in 2008, so
      it can be assumed that, at the very least, the Air Force
      continues to defend its "airspace" with all the intelligence
      and usefulness of a yapping terrier.
      This policy caused contact to fail. As such, it is not
      simply the greatest mistake in recorded history but the
      greatest mistake in the biological history of the species.
      Certainly, the United States wishes to continue to conceal
      this secret at almost any cost.
      This is because the blocking of contact has had such dire
      effects. It has blocked our evolutionary path and left us
      trapped on a planet that is becoming unable to support us
      and could, more or less at any time, start malfunctioning in
      ways that could induce a massive dieback of our species.
      The mistake was not made only because people like Harry S.
      Truman and Curtis LeMay were foolish, belligerent and
      ill-prepared. They had just come out of the most horrific
      war in history, only to discover that, in the Soviet Union,
      they had a new enemy every bit as insane as the old one. And
      now, suddenly, a bizarre and entirely unpredictable presence
      appears. Pro-Soviet? Communists from another world, perhaps?
      Or, simply, a fearful new unknown?
      Who knows what went through their minds? But the outcome in
      policy is clear: they decided to protect their airspace.
      And now we have to live with the consequences. But do we,
      really? Might not there be another chance?
      Of course there is another chance. But it does not involve
      our existing authorities and institutions. In fact, it has
      nothing to do with institutional authority except insofar as
      it must stand aside in order for contact to proceed.
      As matters now stand, if there was an admission at the
      highest levels of the US government similar to that already
      made by numerous other governments, there will follow an
      effort to manage information flow by directing the media to
      NASA, the US Air Force and such quasi-governmental groups as
      the MUFON leadership.
      However, these groups probably have little to nothing of any
      value to offer. From all appearances, they think of the
      situation as involving intelligent entities from another
      planet or planets who function according to policy and, in
      some way, have institutions like ours that formulate and
      direct their policies.
      In reality, the way the visitors function and what happens
      to people in their proximity suggests that they perceive the
      world very, very differently from the way we do. For example,
      when you are face to face with the small gray beings that
      form such a large part of the presence we see, and figure so
      extensively in its folklore, there is no sense that you are
      with people. Rather, it's like being with animals who are
      much more intelligent than you are. This is because there is
      absolutely no cultural familiarity at all. None.
      How can officials engage with somebody
      whose meaning lies beyond a gap far more vast than that
      between us and, say, dolphins? We haven't the slightest idea
      what cetaceans may be saying to each other, or even what
      language means to them, if anything. And our visitors--even
      those who appear to engage with us verbally--are far, far
      more different from us than any earthly species.
      No, official control of contact is going to fail just as
      certainly as the official policy of shoot first has failed.
      For us to have useful contact, it is going to be necessary
      to engage directly and personally, and the
      visitors--thankfully--will regard the end of the final
      obstacle, which is official denial and belligerent display,
      as a signal to open themselves to more personal interaction
      than before.
      If, in addition to the end of official denial and the
      constant scrambling of armed aircraft, there comes a
      properly constituted and new effort to understand by
      scientists who work outside of the U.S. government--for
      example, in the academic community--then there will also be
      a response. The more accurate the conclusions that enter
      scientific culture, the richer and more complex the
      visitors' reaction to them will become. Useful understanding
      will lead to the appearance of more information.
      The release of the much vaunted "secret knowledge"
      supposedly in possession of the US government probably
      doesn't much matter. It has most likely been obtained, for
      the most part, by people who lacked any real ability to
      interact with our visitors, and not only has little value,
      it might even be tainted by inaccuracies, incorrect
      conclusions and falsehoods that are designed to make us feel
      a need to hide behind the authority of the very institutions
      that would be releasing the supposed 'bombshells,' in an
      effort to terrify us into preserving them.
      One of the visitors once said that what was on offer for
      mankind was 'a new world, if you can take it,' meaning both
      that we must be able to wrest it from their hands, and to
      bear it when we do.
      Certainly, the government and its associated entities have a
      role to play. It remains up to them to find the courage to
      disclose the truth, which is that they know that an unknown
      intelligence is present here. Beyond that, the primary
      directions contact will take are two. First, and most
      important, it will be between individuals and the visitors,
      without any institutional barrier such as some NASA or Air
      Force officials directing our actions or laws restricting or
      channeling contact. Second, it will involve scientists
      working publicly on data that can be readily obtained in
      dozens of different ways, to make sense of contact in terms
      that are meaningful to us.
      Thus the evolutionary process that was interrupted in the
      1940s can resume. The beginning of it is now quite clear:
      government admits the validity of the phenomenon, then steps
      aside and lets the people work to forge it into a human reality.
      If and when this happens, history will look upon it for what
      it will prove to be: the end of the first stage of human
      evolution and the beginning of the second. It is that large
      a change.
      Of course, if they do nothing, then it will proceed anyway,
      but only when the social order has so broken down that
      government can no longer offer resistance to the visitors,
      and the people are sufficiently desperate to turn to them
      anyway. Under conditions of such chaos and suffering,
      though, it will be far less effective, and what might take
      fifty or a hundred years during a period of organized social
      patterns such as we enjoy now, will take thousands of years,
      and may even require a whole new cycle of collapse to
      complete itself.
      So, a great deal rides on whether or not a single man has
      the courage to tell the truth. "Ladies and gentlemen, we
      have known for some time that a nonhuman intelligence
      appears to be present here. Beyond that, we have learned
      little of any value. Our own forces will now stand down, in
      the hope and expectation that the people and public sector
      science can learn more, and gain for mankind the value that
      appears to be available to us."
      That would be the first step in what would become, truly, a
      journey to a new world.