    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      From Terra X and Dee:

      (From Timothy Good's book - Need To Know)

      Another alien encounter in 1954 was reported by Air Marshal Sir Peter Horsley, a former pilot who flew numerous types of aircraft during and following the Second World War (such as the Musquito, Spitfire, Meteor, Hunter, Lightning and Vulcan). Sir Peter had been Deputy Commander-in-Chief, RAF Strike Command, and spent seven years in the service of HM the Queen and HRH Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, as equerry. It was during this latter period that Sir Peter had an experience that had a profound effect on him - a two-hour meeting with an apparent extraterrestrial human being - as revealed in his autobiography, Sounds From Another Room, and published in an extensive account in my Alien Base.
      Sir Peter shared his interest in the UFO mystery with Air Chief Marshal Sir Arthur Barratt, who introduced him to a British Army friend, a General Martin, who believed that aliens were trying to warn us of the perils of nuclear war. One day in 1954, Martin invited Sir Peter to meet a 'Mrs Markham' that night at her London flat in Chelsea. Martin did not attend the meeting. There, in a dimly lit room, Sir Peter was introduced to a mysterious 'Mr Janus'.
      Without any preliminaries, writes Sir Peter, 'Mr Janus dived straight into the deep end by asking me to tell him all I knew about flying saucers . . . At the end [I] asked Janus what his interest was. He answered me quite simply, "I would like to meet the Duke of Edinburgh." Somewhat taken aback, Sir Peter replied that this would not be easy. 'I was about to add particularly for security reasons but thought better of it . . . here the strangeness of it all started - the man's extraordinary ability to read my thoughts.' Asked why he wanted to meet Prince Phillip, Janus replied: '[He] is a man of great vision . . . who believes strongly in the proper relationship between man and nature which will prove of great importance in future galactic harmony.'
      Janus began pointing out that man was 'now striving to break his earthly bonds and travel to the Moon and planets beyond':
      Man in his journeys through the universe may find innumerable centres of culture far more ancient than his own . . . He will discover a wealth of experiences infinitely more startling and beautiful than can be imagined: an infinite variety of agencies and forces as yet unknown . . . even other universes with different space and time formulae . . . Man invading space for material gain or personal glorification alone will gain nothing.

      The Earth is going through a Dark Age at the moment,' Janus went on. Material possessions count more than a Man's soul.
      Like a child, Man is preoccupied with his technological toys, which he believes will bring him riches and hapiness. This shows up in the superficiality of his culture and a careless disregard for nature. In his greedy quest for more complex machines Man is prepared to sacrifice almost anything - his natural enviroment, animals and even his fellow humans. The dreadful spectre of blowing up his world hardly makes him falter in this headlong rush.

      Janus expounded on cosmogony - the origin of life in the universe - referring to the so-called 'big bang' as 'the generally accepted theory' of an expanding universe that 'originated from the giant explosion of a vast area of high-density gas which contained all the elements necessary for life and matter':
      If you accept the theory of the expanding universe you accept that it is an ocean of galaxies with solar and planetary systems similar to our own. By the laws of probability there must be millions of planets in the universe supporting life, and within our own galaxy thousands supporting life more advanced than on Earth . . .
      Earth is a young planet with its Sun a young mother . . . imagine a galactic solar system somewhere in space with conditions similar to Earth except that its Sun is in the autumn of its life. Provided its inhabitants have survived wars and alien invasion, it is impossible to imagine what super-technology and cultural advancement they have reached . . .

      Janus accurately predicted our own technological developments, in that 'perhaps twenty years' time manned rockets will be commonplace and the Earth will be girdled by satellites of all sorts and sizes', and that there would be 'great strides in the miniaturization of all our present technology, advances in navigational guidance and communication over vast distances'. Why then are aliens coming here? The answer is that this traffic is only a thin trickle in the vast highways of the universe,' explained Janus. 'The Earth after all is a galactic backwater inhabited by only half-civilized men, dangerous even to their neighbours . . .'
      Most of these vehicles are robot-controlled space probes monitoring what is going on. Some are manned in order to oversee the whole programme and to ensure the probes do not land or crash by accident. They must also ensure that evidence of their existence is kept away from the vast majority of Earth's population . . . the basic principle of responsible space exploration is that you do not interfere with the natural development and order of life in the universe any more than you should upset or destroy an ant heap or bee-hive . . .
      You will have to grow a lot older and learn how to behave on your own planet, if indeed you do not blow yourselves up between times, before you are ready for galactic travel.

      Since time immemorial,' Janus went on, 'there have been tales of vessels coming out of the sky bringing strange visitors. Observers do come among you and make contact on a very selective basis where they judge that such contact could not harm either party.'
      These observers have studied Earth for a long time. With advanced medical science they have been fitted with the right sort of internal equipment to allow their bodies to operate normally until they leave. It is not very difficult to obtain the right sort of clothing and means to move around quite freely . . . While you are still far away from travelling in deep space, such contacts will be infrequent and must be conducted in strict secrecy . . .
      The observers have very highly developed mental powers, including extra-sensory, thought reading, hypnosis and the ability to use different dimensions . . . and rely solely on their special powers to look after themselves.

      'What was Janus?' Sir Peter asked himself after the meeting. 'Was he part of an elaborate hoax or plot . . . an imaginative prophet of the future or what he had insinuated - an observer?'
      Sir Peter wrote a verbatim report of the meeting and gave it to Lieutenant-General Sir Frederick 'Boy' Browning. Treasurer to Prince Philip. He never saw General Martin, Mrs Markham or Janus again.

      In my first meeting with Sir Peter, I asked him for more details about Mr Janus. 'Somehow, he was difficult to describe,' he began. 'What made it strange is that I have no lasting impression of him: he seemed to fit perfectly in his surroundings. If I have any impression of him, it was his quiet voice which had a rich quality to it. He looked about 45 to 50 years old [and] was dressed in a suit and tie. He was quite normal in every way, except that he seemd to be tuning in to my mind, and gradually took over the conversation . . . by the end of the meeting, I was quite disturbed, really.'
      'And what was the reaction of Buckingham Palace?' I queried. 'Michael Parker, Prince Philip's private secretary, thought it a joke,' he replied. 'But Prince Philip had an open mind.'
      In my second and last meeting with Sir Peter Horsley at his home in 2000, he revealed that, in addition to being disturbed by the realization that Janus was reading his mind, he was even more disturbed by the fact that this extraordinary man 'knew all Britain's top-secret nuclear sites'.

      (Story can also be found in Timothy Good's book - Alien Base)