FW: one of JFK's last speechs

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      Can anyone substantiate this?...Dex
      From NBare

      Subject: one of JFK's last speechs

      This is the speech President John F. Kennedy gave before his assassination:

      President John F. Kennedy�s Speech he gave before his assassination:

      Ladies and gentlemen:

      The very word secrecy is repugnant in a free and open society and we are, as a people, inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

      We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts, far out weigh the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions.

      Even today there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation, if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extinct that it is in my control.

      And no official of my administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes, or to withhold from the press and the public the facts that they deserve to know.

      For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covet means for expanding its sphere of influence; on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerillas by night, instead of armies by day.

      It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources, into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine, that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published and its mistakes are buried, not headlined, its dissenters are silent, not praised, no expenditure is questioned, nor rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

      No President should fear public scrutiny of his program. For from that scrutiny comes understanding, and from that understanding comes support or opposition, and both are necessary.

      I am not asking the newspapers to support an administration, but I am your help, for the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence, and the response and dedication of our citizens, whenever they are fully informed. I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers, I welcome it.

      This administration intends to be candid about its errors. For as a wise man once said, an error doesn�t become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it. We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors, and we expect you to point them out when we miss them.

      Without debate, without criticism, no administration and no country can succeed, and no Republic can survive. That is why the Athenian law makers decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy and that is why our Press was protected by the first amendment. The only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution, not primarily to protect and entertain, not to emphasize and trivialize the sentimental, not to simply give the public what it wants, but to inform, to arouse, and reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our criticize and our choices to lead, mold, educate, and sometimes even to anger public opinion.

      This means greater coverage and analysis of international news, for it is no longer far away and foreign, but close at hand and local. It means greater attention to improved understanding of the news, as well as improved transmission. And it means finally, that Government, at all levels, must meet its obligation to provide you with the fullest possible information outside the narrowest limits of National Security.

      And so it is to the printing press, to the recorder of mans deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news, that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be, Free and Independent.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
        I'm afraid I can't substantiate this Dex, but it does sound to me
        like the kind of thing JFK would have said and it suggests yet another
        reason for his assassination - the declaration of his intent to expose the
        rising Criminal Cabal that is now in control of the USA and virtually the
        entire planet. But how naive he was to entrust the awakening and salvation
        of the American people to the media! More than any other organ of society
        it was the media that were doing the most to enslave the minds of the people
        and to facilitate the new age of inhuman darkness that the Cabal is now
        visiting upon the earth.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
          No need too now Regan..

          They have youtube video recordings of his and Ike's speeches warning us
          about the Military Industrial Complex.

          Dex