Mysterious Disappearance

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      (Note: It wasn't long after someone said Steve reappeared to his wife telling her he was with a civilization in a parallel world where they are peaceful and have no wars. Something wonderful and before long we'd all know about it. Can it be true and not a hoax)?
      Adventurer Steve Fossett
      Hope of solving the mystery disappearance of Steve Fossett have risen after a hiker found items believed to belong to the millionaire whose plane vanished over the Nevada desert more than a year ago.
      Preston Morrow was walking along a Sierras trail near the Yosemite national park in east California when he came upon a pilot's license and an ID card in Fosset's name, and $1,000 in cash. A sweatshirt was also found. A search of the mountainous country was begun yesterday.
      There is so far no sign of the single-engine aircraft in which Fossett, 63, took off from a Nevada ranch in September 2007. A huge search at the time presumed it had come down in a different region and, in the absence of any clue to the fate of the adventurer, an accomplished pilot, he was declared dead in February.
      His widow, Peggy, said last night: "I am hopeful this search will locate the crash site and my husband's remains."
      The trail is near the town of Mammoth Lakes. Stuart Brown, a town spokesman, said: "It's pretty steep, treacherous and rugged up there and the winds are a real issue. We'll see what we can do."
      Fossett held several flying and sailing records and was the first person to fly a balloon solo round the world in 2002.

    • Bob Arnold
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        Maybe Steve was taken aboard an Earth Visiting Alien Craft (EVAC), like that light plane in Australia many years ago. If this is what happened, you might say he was "EVAC"-uated from our troubled little planet and is now doing some ultimate flying.