Re: [ufodiscussion] Universal Laws

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2008
      Dex,

      You ask a significant evolutionary question. If you don't mind my
      re-phrasing it, I would say it is: What are the laws that govern harmonious
      universal society?

      I have long observed how our typically human ways of creating
      organised chaos on earth arise naturally and automatically from our general
      disregard for universal principles and laws of nature. It's not that we
      don't all know that society will collapse if everybody lies and acts
      violently towards everyone else, because we do know. That is an obvious
      universal law. But we pay it little heed by and large, with the result that
      our society operates routinely on the basis of lies and violence, with our
      national governments being the prime exponents of these antisocial practices
      and even claiming (incredibly!) that it is their duty to practice them in
      the interests of preserving the security and well-being of society! How can
      any ETs who are not completely out of their heads entertain the thought of
      allowing self-deceiving beings like us into their society? They might as
      well give cosmic citizenship to demons from hell because the effect of it
      would be the same. We would, of a certainty, disrupt their well-ordered
      universe by bringing our mental disorder into it.

      So I think we need to be confined to this small planet and this
      minor solar system until we have learned how to live without needing to lie
      and act violently towards one another. In my view, only when we have
      mastered this now-urgent evolutionary challenge would it be realistic to
      think that we might be able to work towards qualifying for membership of
      free cosmic society.

      Regards,