Re: [ufodiscussion] Light of the Second Sun (Son) Niburu?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
      Thanks for your reply, Dex.

      You may be right and perhaps that was the intended meaning of the
      "second sun" attribution to Nibiru. But if so, I have another problem with
      it. This is that the video said Nibiru is a giant planet like Jupiter but
      it is still out in the depths of the solar system and is not due to come as
      close to the sun as Jupiter's orbit until 2013. Yet the alleged
      photo-stills of Nibiru presented in the video show it being so bright as to
      outshine Jupiter! How could it possibly do that if it is shining with
      reflected light? Uranus and Neptune are gas giants too and they are much
      closer to the sun and earth than Nibiru is alleged to be, yet we cannot even
      see them at all with the naked eye. So how can we see Nibiru from earth and
      even photograph it with an ordinary camera?

      You pointed out that Venus shines brightly in reflected light and I
      agree with you about that. But Venus does lie very close to the sun -
      closer than the earth in fact - so its reflection is bound to be bright. In
      fact, since the alleged Nibiru appeared close to the sun in those photos on
      the video, its appearance seemed indistinguishable from that of Venus in the
      early morning or evening to me. In other words, those photos looked like
      pretty good shots of the Morning Star, or the Evening Star to me and if I
      had been told that those are what they were I would have believed it.

      In view of the apparent contradictions and the alternative
      interpretations of evidence that are possible here, I must admit that I
      remain unconvinced by the "Nibiru" story.

      Best wishes,

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
        I agree Regan, more questions than answers. I guess we'll have to wait and see if more information manifests.
        A most perplexing and surreal scenario.

        Dex