Ancient Days Pt. 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Here they look through a reddish fog at a planet.

      My curiosity further aroused, I watched the other
      screens, but they indicated no problems. The sphere
      from the river was returning towards us, and the
      sphere on the hill retracted its tube, moved a
      little higher and lowered the tube again, along
      with a second cylinder above the sphere. I had
      guessed, of course, that the astronauts were
      collecting samples of soil, water and air. Being in
      Astral body, I couldn't ask Thao any questions; in
      any case, she seemed quite busy conferring with
      two of the hostesses. The spheres began climbing
      towards us and were soon ready to be "reabsorbed"
      by our spacecraft.
      When the operation was complete, Thao and the
      two astronauts mentioned took their places
      opposite their respective desks. Instantly, the
      images we received on the panel and screens
      changed completely.
      I understood we were leaving when each one
      took her place. I observed that all the
      astronauts had a similar posture in their
      seats, which intrigued me. I later learned
      that a force field restrained them exactly
      as a security harness would have restrained
      a stuntman on Earth.
      The suns illuminated the planet through a
      reddish fog. We had left by then, and I
      assumed we were following the contour of the
      planet, at the same altitude. In fact, we
      could see a desert-like area passing by,
      dissected by dry riverbeds that sometimes
      crossed each other at right angles. It
      occurred to me they might be canals, or at
      least had been man made.
      The panel revealed images of a town
      apparently intact, then it disappeared and
      the screen went blank. The vessel had
      obviously gained speed in flying over the
      planet, as the images on the smaller
      screens, showing a lake or inland sea,
      flashed by quickly. Suddenly, several
      exclamations were heard and we immediately
      slowed down. The panel was turned on and
      presented a close-up of the lake. We
      stopped.
      We could clearly see a portion of the
      coast and, beyond some large rocks by the
      lake, we could make out cube-like structures
      which I imagined to be habitations. As
      soon as we had stopped, the spheres began
      their operations again, just as they had
      earlier.

      J. Winston

      http://www.galactic-server.net/rune/thaoeng1.html
      next "Thiaoouba Prophecy" e-book ISBN 0
      9577882 3 1
      First e-book release 2000
      Publisher: Scientific Engineering Research Pty
      Ltd.
      PO Box 1135, Nth Caulfield 3161, Melbourne,
      Australia
      Edited and corrected by Dr Tom Chalko, Louise
      Ovcar and Manninder Sekhon in agreement with
      Michel Desmarquet. All changes are documented,
      except for spelling errors and grammar
      corrections.
      Michel Desmarquet, Dr Tom Chalko, 2000 All
      rights reserved
      Report from the journey undertaken in June
      1987
      Manuscript completed in January 1989
      Postscript written in April 1993
      Frequently Asked Questions:
      http://www.thiaoouba.com/faq.htm
      First published as "Abduction to the 9th
      Planet" in 1993
      "Abduction to the 9th Planet" paperback
      ISBN 0-646-15996-8
      Reprinted 1993,1994,1999 (Australia),