89' G. Knapp Interveiw

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2007
      Cross posting:
      from Shady

      INTERVIEW WITH GEORGE KNAPP OF KLAS-TV (LAS VEGAS, NEVADA) ON
      NOVEMBER 17, 1989. INTERVIEWED BY CHUCK HARDER, HOST AND
      MODERATOR OF 'FOR THE PEOPLE' OF THE SUN RADIO NETWORK.

      CHUCK HARDER

      My guest has (now) called in and I'm going to run down who he is
      and where he's from for a number of reasons, some of them for his
      own protection. George, are you there...

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Hello Chuck.

      CHUCK HARDER

      Please tell us, you are George Knapp, right...

      GEORGE KNAPP

      That's right.

      CHUCK HARDER

      George, what do you do for a living?

      GEORGE KNAPP

      I'm a journalist with KLAS-TV in Las Vegas, the CBS affiliate
      here.

      CHUCK HARDER

      So you are a TV newsman...

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Right.

      CHUCK HARDER

      And you work for Channel 8, KLAS-TV in Las Vegas, Nevada...

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Right.

      CHUCK HARDER

      I understand that you have come upon some very interesting
      information and you've done some special reports, could you tell
      us about it...?

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Well we just finished a nine-part series -- what may be the
      longest series that's ever been done on this subject dealing with
      UFOs.

      Our research actually started about two and a half years ago, a
      fellow named John Lear, the son of the guy who invented the Lear
      Jet brought some of this information to our attention. In May of
      this year, Mr. Lear introduced us to a fellow who claims to have
      worked at a secret base designated S-4...on a top-secret Nevada
      test site...the fellow said that he worked on flying saucers,
      that the technology was not from Earth, and we interviewed him
      live in silhouette in May, the response was incredible...we got
      response from Japan, parts of that interview aired on radio in
      Europe, and six different European countries...so we decided with
      this much interest we might want to take a look at the subject in
      more depth.

      We started doing that and the first thing we found out is that
      really UFOs have not been given a fair shake by science, by
      government, by religion and especially by journalism. Millions
      of people have seen UFOs, millions more believe...I think the
      latest Gallup poll shows about 70 percent of college-educated
      Americans believe that there's something to it, but because of
      the tabloid aspects...'The Girl Who Gives Birth to 52 UFO Babies'
      -- kind of things in the National Enquirer, people have shied
      away from it...Serious people have shied away. Scientists,
      although they might be interested in searching the universe for
      radio signals really don't want to look in their own back yard --
      they can't get grants...people would laugh at them. Journalism -
      - the coverage is generally condescending and quirky, especially
      by the networks, as in the coverage of this UFO that supposedly
      landed in the USSR, people making fun of it...so, we figured out
      that millions of people want to know as Roy Neary, the guy in the
      'Close Encounters' movie said, 'What's going on?' So we started
      investigating it. The focal point of the story being this fellow
      who said he worked at S-4. We broke his identity last Friday.
      His name is Bob Lazar, he is a former scientist who worked at Los
      Alamos National Labs, he is a physicist...we did a lot of
      checking on him and found interestingly enough that his life was
      disappearing around him. In other words we called Los Alamos
      Labs and they said they never heard of him. We called MIT where
      he says he went to school and they had never heard of him. We
      called for his Birth records and they had disappeared...as if
      someone was trying to make him a non-person. We did however
      confirm some of the information that he had given us...we found
      newspaper articles from Los Alamos indicating that he had indeed
      worked there...we found an old telephone book from the lab with
      his name in it, which gave him a certain amount of credibility in
      our eyes. The story he tells is an incredible one. He was hired
      to work at this area called S-4 on the test site, he was flown up
      to a place called Groom Lake -- taken by bus with no windows to
      S-4...the base is built almost to look like its part of the
      desert with sand covered hanger doors, he goes inside and he
      starts reading these briefing papers dealing with UFOs! Pictures
      of UFOs on the walls, pictures of aliens, autopsy reports on
      alien bodies...things of this nature -- he's pretty amazed. Then
      he sees the discs. He says there are nine of the discs up there,
      they are powered by an anti-matter reactor which produces its own
      gravitational field...technology that does not exist on this
      planet, and the interesting thing...he thought for a while that
      perhaps it was just an advanced secret scientific project that
      our government is pursuing until he looked inside one of the
      discs and noticed the small furniture...all the chairs were built
      like for children...and then things started coming together for
      him. Are you with me Chuck?

      CHUCK HARDER

      I'm listening.

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Er, I'm not sure how much detail you want me to go in on...

      CHUCK HARDER

      Oh I think you ought to keep going.

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Well, this fellow was up there for only a few months. And it was
      a rough place for him to work...the security was so hard and he
      was being harassed at home, his phones being tapped...plus he's
      on to what he thinks are the secrets of the universe...he starts
      to tell other people about it, confide with close friends.

      CHUCK HARDER

      Ummmmmm.....

      GEORGE KNAPP

      He had the date of a couple of tests and on two consecutive
      weekends he took people up into the desert outside of the
      boundaries of area S-4, and they video taped the saucers...what
      looks like a saucer coming over the mountains!

      CHUCK HARDER

      Wow...

      GEORGE KNAPP

      We showed that video as well...

      CHUCK HARDER

      Uh-huh....

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Five different people that we interviewed that had gone up there
      confirmed the same story...we also had confirmation of other bits
      of his story from other people, a former security guard who
      worked up there...who said he had seen the saucers, a former
      technician...

      CHUCK HARDER

      By the way, excuse me, I have some letters from some people
      postmarked from that area, one inside of a base, who tells me
      what you're saying is true. Keep going.

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Ah, we also found a Nellis Airman who had been on radar duty at
      Nellis airbase which is here just south of the area that this
      fellow is talking about...he reported numerous times seeing...

      CHUCK HARDER

      George, excuse me...let me do the half hour news break, I want
      you to tell your story, I want America to hear it...please stand
      by.

      headlines and sports audio package from UPI<<<<After>>>>At this point Chuck Harder tells George Knapp that there is a
      break coming up and after the break would he please tell Mr. and
      Mrs. America what they should do to get the truth.<<<<

      CHUCK HARDER

      I hope that Mr. and Mrs. America make note of the name George
      Knapp and Bob Lazar so that if anything ever happens to them, you
      know why.

      GEORGE KNAPP

      Someone should tell us what's going on...TV and movies have
      conditioned us...we won't panic...Jimmy Carter when he ran for
      President promised that if he was elected that he vowed to open
      all the UFO files and he didn't -- we wrote to him asking why and
      he didn't respond. We want the government to come clean. If
      that takes a Congressional Investigation...that's something that
      should be looked at. If it is launched we have to make sure that
      there are no CIA, contractors and the like involved otherwise
      people aren't going to believe it. We've seen enough of this
      whitewash stuff over the years. If there's nothing to the story,
      then open up the files and prove it to us!

      CHUCK HARDER

      OK, have the government let the press into these areas and don't
      first clean them out...