Is This Really Happening With Iran?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007
      Cross posting from Pupp's Forum:

      Hi All..
      Good find Dex

      The best clues always surface when you "follow the money"...

      About a week after 9/11 I ran into an old friend who is a futures trader at the Sydney SXS (stock exchange) ..

      He told me that the week before 9/11 there had been unusually heavy trading on PUTS and FUTURES on the American market .. he also mentioned an unusually high volume of currency trading ( buying against currency fluctuations) ..

      So this article from Michael Salla rings very deeply and true with me .. ( shudder)

      I keep a very close eye on the goings on in American politics these days ..

      I can't help but think that the possibilities of another election in the US are getting fainter by the day ..

      Here's how I see it ..

      An attack on Iran would preclude the need for nasty and unpredictable elections .
      especially if theres some sort of retaliation.

      A state of emergency would ensue, and PRESTO!!! Bush /Cheney dont have to be voted out of office ..

      ( I believe that their safety from prosecution for treason and war crimes depends on this)

      So what you have here is a "wag the dog" scenario.

      Given the amount of protective ( for the administration ) laws being shunted through congress, I think that the situation I just illustrated is horrifyingly possible ..

      Heres another article about the "sabre rattling" regarding Iran ...

      QUOTE
      Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran
      Fox News, Wall Street Journal instructed to launch PR blitz for upcoming military strike
      Paul Joseph Watson
      Prison Planet
      September 4, 2007

      QUOTE
      Dick Cheney has ordered top Neo-Con media outlets, including Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, to unleash a PR blitz to sell a war with Iran from today, according to Barnett Rubin, the highly respected Afghanistan expert at New York University.

      The New Yorker magazine reports that Rubin had a conversation with a member of a top neoconservative institution in Washington, who told him that "instructions" had been passed on from the Office of the Vice-President to roll out a campaign for war with Iran in the week after Labor Day.

      "It will be coordinated with the American Enterprise Institute, the Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, Commentary, Fox, and the usual suspects, writes Rubin, "It will be heavy sustained assault on the airwaves, designed to knock public sentiment into a position from which a war can be maintained. Evidently they don�t think they�ll ever get majority support for this�they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is �plenty.�

      Rubin subsequently confirmed with a second source that the propaganda coup had been launched and the individual, another top Neo-Con at a major think tank, had this to say about it: �I am a Republican. I am a conservative. But I�m not a raging lunatic. This is lunatic.�

      (Article continues below)

      An organized mass media campaign to propagandize for a military strike on Iran mirrors exactly what happened in late 2002 in preparation for the invasion of Iraq and would be seen as par for the course in anticipation of an attack that presidential candidate Ron Paul amongst other expert observers fear will take place within 12 months.

      The issuance of orders for Neo-Con mass media arms to push for an assault on Iran also puts the U.S. on red alert for a terror attack, whether real or manufactured, which Dick Cheney has already promised will immediately be blamed on Iran no matter who the real culprits are.

      On August 1st, 2005 the American Conservative reported that Cheney had tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan involved a massive air strike on Iran which included the use of nuclear weapons.

      The publication reported that, "The response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States," meaning that any such attack will immediately be blamed on Iran and any evidence to the contrary will be buried.

      The London Times reported on Sunday that the Pentagon had finalized plans for a 3 day blitz designed to annihilate 1,200 targets in Iran and destroy the country's military capability.

      Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center, said last week that US military planners were not preparing for �pinprick strikes� against Iran�s nuclear facilities. �They�re about taking out the entire Iranian military,� he said.

      Debat was speaking at a meeting organised by The National Interest, a conservative foreign policy journal. He told The Sunday Times that the US military had concluded: �Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.� It was, he added, a �very legitimate strategic calculus�.

      Rhetoric regarding a potential military attack on Iran has heated again over the past week, with President Bush having warned of the risk of a "nuclear holocaust" if the country was allowed to acquire nuclear capability.

      In a speech last Monday, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that a diplomatic push by the world's powers to rein in Tehran's nuclear program was the only alternative to "an Iranian bomb or the bombing of Iran."

      Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad subsequently stated that a U.S. attack on Iran was "impossible" due to U.S. troops being tied down in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yesterday, he claimed to have proof that the U.S. were not planning to attack, bizarrely citing his mathematical skills as an engineer and faith in God.

      A January poll by Ipsos found that 40% of Americans thought it likely that Iran would be attacked by the end of the year. The U.S. has stationed three aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, the Nimitz, a nuclear-powered carrier, John C. Stennis Strike Group, and Dwight D. Eisenhower, a relief carrier.

      The U.S. government is openly funding and supporting the activities of Jundullah, a Sunni Al-Qaeda terrorist group formerly headed by the alleged mastermind of 9/11, to carry out bombings in Iran and destabilize Ahmadinejad's power base.

      The Iranian Revolutionary Guard military was recently declared to be a terrorist organization by the White House, another ominous sign that an attack is being readied.

      http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/septe...eney_orders.htm

      Best Wishes ..
      Nodstar*

      Post Script ...

      here's a link to an online stock market analyst's report on the curious goings on re the stockmarket ..

      http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/t.../2007/0831.html
      I wont post it cos its VERY long and detailed, but heres a relevant quote from it..

      QUOTE
      "There is currently several billion dollars in option bets on a global basis with the speculative premise that we will see a major drop of 15-25% or greater in the next 21 days. These are not just your run of the mill speculative option-plays these are very specific bets of a magnitude never seen before (the only comparison is the huge bets taken prior to 911.)"