RE: [ufodiscussion] Astro-Theology: Retelling An Ancient Story

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
      "First, with the exception of Japan, the ancient world mythologies always
      understood the Sun to be masculine in qualities, and the moon feminine. "

      J:Apparently he has not done enough research... I suggest he look up Suen,
      and he will find this first hypothesis completely wrong... Not only was the
      Moon seen as masculine up until the times of the Greeks or Romans(not sure
      which one started it) but the people also gave their daughters into Suen's
      harem and thought it a great honor to have the God pay a dowry for their
      daughters... Puts a whole new perspective on the moon bases doesn't it...

      Dear Friends,

      Click the link if you don't receive the image or can't access the links.

      http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/articles/astrotheology/index.html

      The Judaic-Christian Bible tells a wonderful story.
      It is, in fact, often referred to as "The Greatest Story Ever Told".
      And so it is! You are now about to find out why! In the New Testament of
      Christian Bible, a provocative and most serious challenge is laid on the
      whole of Christianity. Since it bears directly on our subject, we will quote
      it: "...if Christ be not risen, then our preaching is in vain, and your
      faith is also in vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God ..
      And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."
      (I Cor 15:14, 15, & 17)

      In the New Testament there is a warning given to all who would build a
      house. Namely, before you lay the foundation, find out what the foundation
      itself will rest on - solid rock, or sand? The reason is obvious...
      or said another way; "You need to stand under the foundation to get a true
      under-standing!"

      THE FOUNDATIONS
      Let's closely examine the original, conceptual foundations of the faith,
      and then decide "...if Christ be not risen. " But in order to do that, we
      must go back, not 2.000 years to the birth of Christ, but 8 to 10,000 years
      to the birth of modern man. For when one seeks to establish foundations, one
      must begin at the beginning.

      Many thousands of years ago in what we refer to as the the "primordial
      world" of the ancients, human life was a far different experience to that
      which we enjoy today. While it is true that we have less documentation on
      that prehistoric world than we have on our own age, ample enough is known
      from the ancient writings to paint a rather clear picture of our primitive
      ancestry. If we have learned anything at all, it is this: The more we
      change, the more we stav the same. And nowhere is this more clearly
      demonstrated than in the history of man's quest for "God", and the ancient
      religion we still keep holy today.

      According to the best understanding we have gleaned from the available
      records, life for our ancient forefathers was a mixture of wonder and fear.
      Each day, just finding food for one's family without becoming a meal
      yourself for the roaming predatory animals, was a life and death struggle.
      (If you have ever ventured out on a cold night with insufficient clothing,
      and without friend or family near, you could quickly see how fearful the
      dark, cold primordial nights could be) And then came winter!

      It was from these meager, distressful conditions of the human race that
      our long history of the search for God and meaning has come. Any evolution,
      at it's most accelerated rate, is always agonisingly slow. But from the
      beginning, man's' profound questions demanded answers. When no clear answers
      were forthcoming from the universe, man turned inward, and developed his
      own. Keep in mind that all the theological teachings of the Western World
      were developed in the Northern Hemisphere. The study of this subject is
      properly called
      - "Astro-Theology" or, "The Worship of the Heavens".

      ASTRO-THEOLOGY
      This is the first, original, and therefore the oldest, and most respected
      story on Earth! It did not take ancient man very long to decide that in this
      world the single greatest enemy to be feared was the darkness of night, and
      all the unknown dangers that came with it. Simply stated, man's first enemy
      was darkness.

      Understanding this one fact alone, people can readily see why the greatest
      and most trustworthy friend the human race could ever have was by far,
      heaven's greatest gift to the world ... that Glorious Rising Orb of Day ...
      the SUN

      With this simple truth understood, we can now begin to unravel an ancient
      and wonderful story.
      Today, as in all mankinds' history, it has once again been told anew.

      Modern-day Christianity has often belittled our ancient ancestors who are
      not here to defend themselves.
      They falsely accuse that they were nothing more than ignorant worshippers
      of the sun. Therefore we can, with assurance, summarily dismiss thousands of
      years of human spirituality as ignominious myth, believed by well-meaning,
      but gullible primitives. Too much of this kind of spiritual arrogance and
      religious pride has continued without challenge. The time has come to set
      matters straight.

      THE CHALLENGE
      First. no people of the ancient world believed the "Sun" to be "God". That
      belongs in the "disinformation file".

      In point of fact, every Ancient culture and nation on Earth have all used
      the Sun as the most logically appropriate symbol to represent the Glory of
      the unseen Creator of the heavens. Here it is important to remember two
      points.

      First, with the exception of Japan, the ancient world mythologies always
      understood the Sun to be masculine in qualities, and the moon feminine.
      Second, the English language is derived from the German. In the Germanic,
      the word 'Sun' is spelled 'Sonne'. The two words can (and have been) used
      interchangeably.

      Old Testament:
      "The heavens are declaring the Glory of God." (PS.19: 1)

      New Testament:
      "Jesus is the Glory of God." (2 Cor 4:6)

      Old Testament:
      "The SUN of Righteousness will arise with healings in His wings." (Mal
      4:2)

      New Testament:
      "God's Son/Sun...he is risen!" (Matt 4:16)
      Saying. "How, often I wanted to gather you under my wing. "

      | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 |