Re: [ufodiscussion] Born Right The First Time?

  • Regan Power
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      'The purpose of most religion is to make us "better" than we currently are.'

      This has never been the purpose of any authentic religion that I've
      heard about. Only degenerate ones have this misguided purpose. As I
      understand it, the original purpose of every authentic religion was to guide
      people to heaven by applying and demonstrating the teachings of their
      prophets. This has nothing to do with trying to change people's true
      natures. The authentic religions prescribed moral practices so as to enable
      people to act in accordance with their true natures, not to change what they
      already truly are.

      'The Biblical premise is that all human beings are fatally flawed, not good
      enough and in need of vast improvements and control of their "human
      nature."'

      Rubbish! Christ's Biblical message was that even the worst sinners
      are good enough for God's kingdom if they sincerely want to be in it! This
      point was demonstrated emphatically when one of the two thieves who was
      crucified with Jesus said to him, "Remember me when you come into your
      kingdom," and Jesus replied, "This night you shall be with me in Paradise."

      'Scripture goes out of its way to remind us all that our fundamental human
      qualities are deceit, wickedness, jealousy, anger, lust and greed.'

      This is more rubbish. No authentic religion treats these faults as
      fundamental and neither does the Bible. Rather they are treated as
      superficial accretions upon the self-luminous 'soul' - the fundamental
      self - that can be got rid of by appropriate acts of self-purification.
      Christ is quoted as saying that he came "to call sinners to redemption".
      What would be the point of his trying to redeem fallen people if their basic
      nature was flawed? In that case they would be absolutely irredeemable!
      When, at his trial, he was accused of blaspheming by claiming to be a god,
      he is supposed to have replied, "Is it not written in your Law (i.e. the Old
      Testament), 'I said, You are gods,'?" Surely this clearly demonstrates how
      Jesus and the Old Testament prophets really regarded fundamental human
      nature - as the nature of gods!

      It would take me until next week to refute every fallacious
      statement that this severely misguided author makes about religion in
      general and the Bible in particular, so I'll just close with the comment
      that I don't think he can have become his authentic self yet if he can make
      so many false statements on a subject which he evidently knows so little
      about. Authenticity is about saying what you know is the truth. But what
      he is saying is patently untrue and he appears not to know it. It seems to
      me that the scriptures generally have a lot more authenticity than he has
      demonstrated in his diatribe against them.

      From: Light Eye
      To: global_rumblings@yahoogroups.com ; ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com ;
      changingplanetchat@yahoogroups.com ; astrosciences@yahoogroups.com ;
      GS5555@... ; giuliano.marinkovic@... ;
      wayfarer9@... ; parascience@... ;
      henrik.palmgren@...
      Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 7:49 PM
      Subject: [ufodiscussion] Born Right The First Time?

      Dear Friends,

      http://ezinearticles.com/?Born-Right-the-First-Time?&id=374853

      Born Right the First Time?
      By Dennis Diehl

      The purpose of most religion is to make us "better" than we currently are.
      The Biblical premise is that all human beings are fatally flawed, not good
      enough and in need of vast improvements and control of their "human nature."
      Without this ongoing overcoming of the evil self, growing towards a better
      kind of person and change, one runs the risk of being so not good enough
      that they will spend eternity, for their inability to change over a rather
      short lifetime, in a punishing hell. Scripture goes out of its way to remind
      us all that our fundamental human qualities are deceit, wickedness,
      jealousy, anger, lust and greed. I find that personally to be one of the
      most unhelpful and controlling lies ever foisted upon human beings by
      religion. Of course that is how we can act, but that is not who we are by
      any real means when given the freedom to be authentic and feel safe in being
      so.
      We are called "worms" and less than nothing in this great book of
      encouragement. Even the early leaders, prophets and apostle types knew that
      they had to degrade themselves as less than human in order to show they
      understood they were not worth anything as an unregenerate human being. Only
      when one realized they were a piece of poop, could they lead the people who
      were really poopy people. If you could not utter the words, "I am not
      worthy," you would never be a Bible CEO. The Apostle Paul noted that he was
      "the least of the Apostles" and that "the things that I don't want to do, I
      do and the things I should, I don't." He made his problems everyone's. He
      concluded he was simply a wretched human being, and so should everyone else.
      He reminded others that they were blind, miserable, poor and naked of heart
      and spirit. He even said he had to beat himself into submission, lest after
      preaching to others, he should flub up himself and be a castaway. Seems he
      didn't have the
      confidence "in the blood," to make up the differences in what he was and
      what he felt he needed to be.
      Jesus is also said to have said that humans are to become "perfect, even (in
      the same way) as your Father in heaven is perfect." No challenge there to be
      better than one is at any one moment! Of course this is not possible and it
      is not possible or plausible in any "now I'm converted and full of the Holy
      Spirit" way. You have never met any Christian who has reached this goal in
      life. I have met some who act like they have and I have met some who agonize
      of not being able, but I have never met one that did in fact, whatever that
      means. Actually they would be one freaky human being I would think.
      How did we get this way? Well, of course it was due to the "fall" where Adam
      and Eve, our really true and actual first human parents, created by God out
      of mud and ribs, flubbed up and ate the forbidden fruit. We have all been
      blamed for this event and must spend our lives coming under a blood
      sacrifice of a more perfect human/god being and then continuing the struggle
      to be "better" until we die. Its then we find out we understood being bad
      enough to be good enough to live forever. Redemption of humans by blood
      sacrifice and execution have always been the preferred solution to the
      depravity of man. Membership in the club usually cost ten or more percent of
      your material income and membership in the one true of many churches. I am
      not being disrespectful to the life and teachings of Jesus but few
      understand how that has been woven into a tale that Jesus himself would have
      cringed at.
      I remember as a teen when it was "time you were baptised" being told I was
      all these miserable things and in need of deep and heartfelt repentance and,
      of course, a savior. The minister took me through all the Ten Commandments
      and asked me if I understood that I had broken EVERY ONE of them all my
      short life and thus, was condemned to death. I was a mere 18 year old, nice
      kid, good home, pretty compliant, a bit guilt and shame ridden by
      upbringing, but not a really big nasty sinner on drugs with three
      illegitimate kids. And yet, here I sat being convinced I worshipped other
      gods, (money, success, human hopes and dreams), somehow always took God's
      name in vain, (mom and dad would have washed my mouth out with soap...I only
      learned to cuss and such after being in the ministry) and worshipped on the
      wrong day of the week along with having to repent of keeping the wrong Holy
      Days all my short life.
      I was in some deep evil way a killer, adulterer, thief, liar and coveter of
      all men's goods and women. When I said I hadn't really killed anyone, I was
      told that I hated and that's the same thing. I admited I had not had sex
      with anyone to that point, but my lust covered that one too. I wanted to
      say, "well no, I really hadn't done that either", but that would have been
      ill advised if I ever wanted to get baptised and have a future with the
      group. He told me to come back another day and more deeply repent of my
      nasty, evil and wicked 18 year old self. Of course I did in time and joined
      the "you still aren't good enough" club for the next three decades as a
      pastor who then passed the good news of human depravity on to thousands and
      reminding them that while they might think they are nice people, they are
      under the eternal death penalty those stinkers Adam and Eve brought upon us
      all no matter. However, I did a bit of growing myself and concluded the
      story of my guilt by
      association to Adam and Eve wasn't literally true. Human beings have evolved
      for the most part as good science has noted. I've had my own genome mapped
      back 60,000 years to all our African origins. I don't believe that it would
      be a very fair thing for humans to pay a literal and eternal death penalty
      based on a mythical and not literally true story.
      Have you ever considered the fact that you and I may have been born right
      the first time? What if the most simple and spiritual goal a human being has
      is to become your own genuine, authentic and self? What if our purpose in
      life is neither to jump through the hoops set out by others, who think they
      know, nor to struggle and strive to improve yourself dramatically over what
      you are? People don't change much over a life time no matter what their
      religious affiliations, and while it's an improvement to stop killing one's
      self with sugar, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine along with other assorted
      body killing habits, it's ok to just be yourself.
      Is it easy to be yourself? No, not in our culture and certainly not in many
      others where not being a mere cog in the tribal wheel can get you killed in
      really bad ways. One of life's simple truths that most humans have long
      since forgotten or never knew is that all of us are one and the same and all
      smaller parts of the one single thing. I don't pretend to know what that is,
      but let's just say we are all one in the same conscious awareness stuck in a
      limited five sensed carbon based wet suit for now. As Mike Adams said in a
      recent article on The discovery of DNA variability, holographic blueprints
      and the symphony of life..."We are, in fact, an expression of the very
      phenomena we are attempting to understand, and if we read the poetry of DNA
      correctly, we will realize that life itself is not about the accumulation of
      wealth, or stuff, or power over others, but rather the discovery of self.
      And "self" does not exist in isolation. We are, in every way imaginable,
      intertwined. We are all made of the same stuff, wrought from the same
      patterns of nature, and in fact, formulated from the same musical notes
      played out in five billion unique but compatible tunes. With this discovery,
      Western science has concluded we are all more different from each other than
      previously thought, but I believe it is evidence that we are all just unique
      verses of the same universal poem."
      That's a far cry from humans being merely wretched, miserable, poor blind
      and naked worms that need major rehab at the hands of prophets, priests and
      pastors. Saying we are born right the first time and not in need of being
      born again or reborn goes against the meme, which is the mind virus we all
      got taught as kids. Our parents had it taught to them and their parents
      before that. It is the idea that we are all flawed a birth by a non-event in
      the lives of our first not literally so parents Adam and Eve. It's the idea
      that even if you are a pretty ok person, you are filled with vanity,
      jealousy, lust and greed that unless paid for by a perfect blood sacrifice,
      demands you spend eternity in hell burning forever, cut off from God, or
      permanently dead. It's also not true and is not what a genuine human being,
      in reality needs to become the monkey on their back over.
      What liberation it is to simply recognize that we are all one and the same
      smaller parts of the one big thing. It is every bit as difficult to live an
      authentic life as it is to live a life of false compliance to the will of
      others. It is easy or not easy depending on the need to please everyone or
      appear to agree when you don't, to be true to your self and by self, I do
      not mean ego. I mean true to the conscious awareness that abides in the
      container we all too often mistake for the self. You are not your body. That
      is merely transportation and a container for a short time. You are not your
      brain. That is a receiver of information and memories that may, in fact,
      arise from outside of a bigger you and I than we can imagine. You are not
      your mind, which is that thinking brain that spins in the angry past or
      projects itself into the anxiety filled future when it has nothing better to
      do in the present.
      How much misery and struggle to be all that one can never really be religion
      has heaped upon the faithful. Not many will leave the warmth and comfort of
      the boxes they were born in by happenstance and explore ideas that are not
      acceptable to the tribe or the church. But some will. They might be labeled
      "heretics" or perhaps more benevolently, "ahead of their times." In the
      past, those ahead of their times tended to be burned at the stake. Leaving
      the box of religious dogma is difficult and often one leaves it alone and on
      their own. Those in the last box don't often follow. You can be your
      authentic self as it comes to you and risk a lot but gain a lot, or you can
      put on your mask and be more comfortable but scarfing down antidepressants
      the rest of your life. That seems to be the way the road to the fact that
      being oneself is the most simple spiritual truth there is for a genuine
      human being.
      Politics, fear, guilt and shame are some of the reasons human beings behave
      badly. Feeling unsafe can do a lot of damage. All of Iraq is coming unglued
      because of fear and self preservation, not some inherent evil that is the
      true, ongoing and daily nature of man. When people feel safe, appreciated,
      respected and listened to, you'd be surprised how much good can be
      accomplished. If Chicago was Bagdad, these same fears and survival skills
      would rear their ugly heads in the neighborhood.
      What is the most simple spiritual truth a human can come to recognize? While
      there may be many, the simple recognition that being your authentic self in
      thought, word and deed is ok, is near the top. If my even saying that to you
      makes you uncomfortable, then you can know that it is not far from a truth
      you, as a conscious being, needs to consider in the time you have left to
      live in your limited five sensed, carbon based wet suit.