Born Right The First Time?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006

      http://ezinearticles.com/?Born-Right-the-First-Time?&id=374853

      Born Right the First Time?
      By Dennis Diehl

      The purpose of most religion is to make us "better" than we currently are. The Biblical premise is that all human beings are fatally flawed, not good enough and in need of vast improvements and control of their "human nature." Without this ongoing overcoming of the evil self, growing towards a better kind of person and change, one runs the risk of being so not good enough that they will spend eternity, for their inability to change over a rather short lifetime, in a punishing hell. Scripture goes out of its way to remind us all that our fundamental human qualities are deceit, wickedness, jealousy, anger, lust and greed. I find that personally to be one of the most unhelpful and controlling lies ever foisted upon human beings by religion. Of course that is how we can act, but that is not who we are by any real means when given the freedom to be authentic and feel safe in being so.
      We are called "worms" and less than nothing in this great book of encouragement. Even the early leaders, prophets and apostle types knew that they had to degrade themselves as less than human in order to show they understood they were not worth anything as an unregenerate human being. Only when one realized they were a piece of poop, could they lead the people who were really poopy people. If you could not utter the words, "I am not worthy," you would never be a Bible CEO. The Apostle Paul noted that he was "the least of the Apostles" and that "the things that I don't want to do, I do and the things I should, I don't." He made his problems everyone's. He concluded he was simply a wretched human being, and so should everyone else. He reminded others that they were blind, miserable, poor and naked of heart and spirit. He even said he had to beat himself into submission, lest after preaching to others, he should flub up himself and be a castaway. Seems he didn't have the
      confidence "in the blood," to make up the differences in what he was and what he felt he needed to be.
      Jesus is also said to have said that humans are to become "perfect, even (in the same way) as your Father in heaven is perfect." No challenge there to be better than one is at any one moment! Of course this is not possible and it is not possible or plausible in any "now I'm converted and full of the Holy Spirit" way. You have never met any Christian who has reached this goal in life. I have met some who act like they have and I have met some who agonize of not being able, but I have never met one that did in fact, whatever that means. Actually they would be one freaky human being I would think.
      How did we get this way? Well, of course it was due to the "fall" where Adam and Eve, our really true and actual first human parents, created by God out of mud and ribs, flubbed up and ate the forbidden fruit. We have all been blamed for this event and must spend our lives coming under a blood sacrifice of a more perfect human/god being and then continuing the struggle to be "better" until we die. Its then we find out we understood being bad enough to be good enough to live forever. Redemption of humans by blood sacrifice and execution have always been the preferred solution to the depravity of man. Membership in the club usually cost ten or more percent of your material income and membership in the one true of many churches. I am not being disrespectful to the life and teachings of Jesus but few understand how that has been woven into a tale that Jesus himself would have cringed at.
      I remember as a teen when it was "time you were baptised" being told I was all these miserable things and in need of deep and heartfelt repentance and, of course, a savior. The minister took me through all the Ten Commandments and asked me if I understood that I had broken EVERY ONE of them all my short life and thus, was condemned to death. I was a mere 18 year old, nice kid, good home, pretty compliant, a bit guilt and shame ridden by upbringing, but not a really big nasty sinner on drugs with three illegitimate kids. And yet, here I sat being convinced I worshipped other gods, (money, success, human hopes and dreams), somehow always took God's name in vain, (mom and dad would have washed my mouth out with soap...I only learned to cuss and such after being in the ministry) and worshipped on the wrong day of the week along with having to repent of keeping the wrong Holy Days all my short life.
      I was in some deep evil way a killer, adulterer, thief, liar and coveter of all men's goods and women. When I said I hadn't really killed anyone, I was told that I hated and that's the same thing. I admited I had not had sex with anyone to that point, but my lust covered that one too. I wanted to say, "well no, I really hadn't done that either", but that would have been ill advised if I ever wanted to get baptised and have a future with the group. He told me to come back another day and more deeply repent of my nasty, evil and wicked 18 year old self. Of course I did in time and joined the "you still aren't good enough" club for the next three decades as a pastor who then passed the good news of human depravity on to thousands and reminding them that while they might think they are nice people, they are under the eternal death penalty those stinkers Adam and Eve brought upon us all no matter. However, I did a bit of growing myself and concluded the story of my guilt by
      association to Adam and Eve wasn't literally true. Human beings have evolved for the most part as good science has noted. I've had my own genome mapped back 60,000 years to all our African origins. I don't believe that it would be a very fair thing for humans to pay a literal and eternal death penalty based on a mythical and not literally true story.
      Have you ever considered the fact that you and I may have been born right the first time? What if the most simple and spiritual goal a human being has is to become your own genuine, authentic and self? What if our purpose in life is neither to jump through the hoops set out by others, who think they know, nor to struggle and strive to improve yourself dramatically over what you are? People don't change much over a life time no matter what their religious affiliations, and while it's an improvement to stop killing one's self with sugar, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine along with other assorted body killing habits, it's ok to just be yourself.
      Is it easy to be yourself? No, not in our culture and certainly not in many others where not being a mere cog in the tribal wheel can get you killed in really bad ways. One of life's simple truths that most humans have long since forgotten or never knew is that all of us are one and the same and all smaller parts of the one single thing. I don't pretend to know what that is, but let's just say we are all one in the same conscious awareness stuck in a limited five sensed carbon based wet suit for now. As Mike Adams said in a recent article on The discovery of DNA variability, holographic blueprints and the symphony of life..."We are, in fact, an expression of the very phenomena we are attempting to understand, and if we read the poetry of DNA correctly, we will realize that life itself is not about the accumulation of wealth, or stuff, or power over others, but rather the discovery of self. And "self" does not exist in isolation. We are, in every way imaginable,
      intertwined. We are all made of the same stuff, wrought from the same patterns of nature, and in fact, formulated from the same musical notes played out in five billion unique but compatible tunes. With this discovery, Western science has concluded we are all more different from each other than previously thought, but I believe it is evidence that we are all just unique verses of the same universal poem."
      That's a far cry from humans being merely wretched, miserable, poor blind and naked worms that need major rehab at the hands of prophets, priests and pastors. Saying we are born right the first time and not in need of being born again or reborn goes against the meme, which is the mind virus we all got taught as kids. Our parents had it taught to them and their parents before that. It is the idea that we are all flawed a birth by a non-event in the lives of our first not literally so parents Adam and Eve. It's the idea that even if you are a pretty ok person, you are filled with vanity, jealousy, lust and greed that unless paid for by a perfect blood sacrifice, demands you spend eternity in hell burning forever, cut off from God, or permanently dead. It's also not true and is not what a genuine human being, in reality needs to become the monkey on their back over.
      What liberation it is to simply recognize that we are all one and the same smaller parts of the one big thing. It is every bit as difficult to live an authentic life as it is to live a life of false compliance to the will of others. It is easy or not easy depending on the need to please everyone or appear to agree when you don't, to be true to your self and by self, I do not mean ego. I mean true to the conscious awareness that abides in the container we all too often mistake for the self. You are not your body. That is merely transportation and a container for a short time. You are not your brain. That is a receiver of information and memories that may, in fact, arise from outside of a bigger you and I than we can imagine. You are not your mind, which is that thinking brain that spins in the angry past or projects itself into the anxiety filled future when it has nothing better to do in the present.
      How much misery and struggle to be all that one can never really be religion has heaped upon the faithful. Not many will leave the warmth and comfort of the boxes they were born in by happenstance and explore ideas that are not acceptable to the tribe or the church. But some will. They might be labeled "heretics" or perhaps more benevolently, "ahead of their times." In the past, those ahead of their times tended to be burned at the stake. Leaving the box of religious dogma is difficult and often one leaves it alone and on their own. Those in the last box don't often follow. You can be your authentic self as it comes to you and risk a lot but gain a lot, or you can put on your mask and be more comfortable but scarfing down antidepressants the rest of your life. That seems to be the way the road to the fact that being oneself is the most simple spiritual truth there is for a genuine human being.
      Politics, fear, guilt and shame are some of the reasons human beings behave badly. Feeling unsafe can do a lot of damage. All of Iraq is coming unglued because of fear and self preservation, not some inherent evil that is the true, ongoing and daily nature of man. When people feel safe, appreciated, respected and listened to, you'd be surprised how much good can be accomplished. If Chicago was Bagdad, these same fears and survival skills would rear their ugly heads in the neighborhood.
      What is the most simple spiritual truth a human can come to recognize? While there may be many, the simple recognition that being your authentic self in thought, word and deed is ok, is near the top. If my even saying that to you makes you uncomfortable, then you can know that it is not far from a truth you, as a conscious being, needs to consider in the time you have left to live in your limited five sensed, carbon based wet suit.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        "We are called "worms" and less than nothing in this great book of
        encouragement."

        that should have been his first clue... The only point of religion is to
        make you believe that they are the only ones who can converse with god(s)
        and thus save their job and keep the mobs under control... In order to do
        this things have been twisted ever so slightly. The human being is two
        beings working to unite into one. The brain(ego) is in place when the soul
        is first born into the body, to help it navigate through the early years so
        it's body lives, so that one day it will be able to merge with the spirit.
        The body is needed for this just like the chick needs the shell before it
        hatches. The soul then needs to learn to use it's feelings to imagine what
        it wants in life. Because this secret has been hidden, the soul(humanity) in
        essence has been kept back in grades and not allowed to progress. The
        brain(ego) has been on automatic making all the decisions for the soul as to
        what the soul wants in it's life. This is based on what the soul focus's on.
        Since the ego(brain) fears loosing control of what it considers "It's life",
        it makes sure the soul focuses on "what if's" so the ego(brain) can get
        answers from the spirit. The ego wants the answers to it's questions. Thus
        it gets the soul to focus on what helps the ego, not the soul. The ego is
        what religion calls Satan, and has in fact gotten them to believe that the
        spirit( which is outside the body) is Satan... Remember the myths of
        Egypt... Nephthys(lady of the house-soul) is first with Set... Then the
        Spirit(Horus) conquers Set and buries him. Only he keeps coming to the
        surface because the soul has to conquer Set on her own. Then she(the soul)
        will be equal to Horus(spirit)... As Without, So within...

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
          'The purpose of most religion is to make us "better" than we currently are.'

          This has never been the purpose of any authentic religion that I've
          heard about. Only degenerate ones have this misguided purpose. As I
          understand it, the original purpose of every authentic religion was to guide
          people to heaven by applying and demonstrating the teachings of their
          prophets. This has nothing to do with trying to change people's true
          natures. The authentic religions prescribed moral practices so as to enable
          people to act in accordance with their true natures, not to change what they
          already truly are.

          'The Biblical premise is that all human beings are fatally flawed, not good
          enough and in need of vast improvements and control of their "human
          nature."'

          Rubbish! Christ's Biblical message was that even the worst sinners
          are good enough for God's kingdom if they sincerely want to be in it! This
          point was demonstrated emphatically when one of the two thieves who was
          crucified with Jesus said to him, "Remember me when you come into your
          kingdom," and Jesus replied, "This night you shall be with me in Paradise."

          'Scripture goes out of its way to remind us all that our fundamental human
          qualities are deceit, wickedness, jealousy, anger, lust and greed.'

          This is more rubbish. No authentic religion treats these faults as
          fundamental and neither does the Bible. Rather they are treated as
          superficial accretions upon the self-luminous 'soul' - the fundamental
          self - that can be got rid of by appropriate acts of self-purification.
          Christ is quoted as saying that he came "to call sinners to redemption".
          What would be the point of his trying to redeem fallen people if their basic
          nature was flawed? In that case they would be absolutely irredeemable!
          When, at his trial, he was accused of blaspheming by claiming to be a god,
          he is supposed to have replied, "Is it not written in your Law (i.e. the Old
          Testament), 'I said, You are gods,'?" Surely this clearly demonstrates how
          Jesus and the Old Testament prophets really regarded fundamental human
          nature - as the nature of gods!

          It would take me until next week to refute every fallacious
          statement that this severely misguided author makes about religion in
          general and the Bible in particular, so I'll just close with the comment
          that I don't think he can have become his authentic self yet if he can make
          so many false statements on a subject which he evidently knows so little
          about. Authenticity is about saying what you know is the truth. But what
          he is saying is patently untrue and he appears not to know it. It seems to
          me that the scriptures generally have a lot more authenticity than he has
          demonstrated in his diatribe against them.

          From: Light Eye
          To: global_rumblings@yahoogroups.com ; ufodiscussion@yahoogroups.com ;
          Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 7:49 PM

          Dear Friends,