Evolution & Cycles

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2006

      http://www.gardinersworld.com/content/view/155/54/

      Evolution

      From the plants which pollinate and produce seeds to the fish of the sea scattering their eggs far and wide, all life on earth, and probably on other planets too, feel drawn to reproduce. Humans are not exempt from this process and in fact today in the 21st century we have come to the stage where we have consciously developed some amazing techniques to help this process along, or indeed stop it in its tracks. It seems that almost every single invention man has created is employed in one way or another for the sexual drive. The internet, one of man's latest great leaps forward, is full to brimming of sex websites, with all-manner of creative methods employed to entice and beguile. Understanding the nature of this force and its effects upon us will help us to understand ourselves and the constant cycles of our lives.

      It is probably true to say that everybody reading this will know what sex is and what its original purpose was and so we need not visit that sticky situation. However, not everybody is aware of our sexual connections to the greater nature of the solar system and via it to the very universe.

      Menstrual

      Clues to the cycles of female menstruation can be found in the very etymology or meaning of the word. It means on the simplest level "the cycles of the month" and month itself comes from the proto-Indo-European word menes, from the moon. So the very term, month, is derived from the word moon, which reveals that the very earliest months followed the cycles of the moon and not the sun. There were in fact 13 cycles or moons in the same way that there were originally 13 zodiacs (Ophiucus being the 13th). Patriarchal religions stamped the solar male dominated pattern upon society and so we have 12 months or cycles in the Western world, following the cycles of the zodiac related to the sun and not the moon. The 12 disciples of Christ, who was the solar force on earth, are a clear example of how this can easily be found in most major religions.

      All of this is very clear and can be shown from the language and even archaeological finds, but what does it have to do with our own drives and desires? Well, it is said that the female cycle "coincides" with the lunar cycle - a statement that makes it appear almost accidental and divides us, or the female, from nature by mere words. The fact is that the tides of the ocean and even the subsurface movements of plasma are affected by the gravitational pull and cycles of the moon and we are beings of the earth. Humans are anywhere between 50 and 70 percent (and sometimes more) water and so we too must be affected by these lunar cycles. The whole cosmic dance is one in which we are all players and participants. As the moon moves around the earth in the opposite direction to our corresponding solar cycles, it affects almost everything on the earth. Females are especially affected by this motion. In fact the menstrual cycle itself follows the phases of the moon and it is
      believed that in times gone by when mankind was more in-touch with nature we were much more in-tune with our cycles. Look at it this way:-

      Let us imagine a tribe made up of equal men and women, with a third being children. The females would skin the animals, make clothes, choose local foodstuffs such as berries and nuts and care for the young. The men would hunt for extended periods and produce the defence for the tribe against wildlife and other tribes. Once a month the moon would enter a certain phase (waxing) and the females would begin the menstrual (moonstrual) cycle. Of course, hunting was often better done at night, because the animals would be more docile and as man himself was not a terribly big, ferocious and strong beast, he naturally chose night-time to hunt. Amazingly and beautifully this may have "coincided" with the menstrual cycles, which would make perfect natural sense, being a time when man was no use reproductively and was better out of the way. In fact in certain parts of the Middle East and Africa whole groups of women still menstruate virtually all at the same time and under a waxing
      moon. The men are kept away - it being a sacred time. The whole beauty and perfect balance of this relationship between man and woman, man and hunt, woman and moon, is a wonder to behold. The men would return on the full moon as the optimum time for catching prey. Ovulating with the full moon gives a woman the best chance of physical fertility as the full moon accentuates the time of Ovulation and so man returning with boosted testosterone levels via the hunt would obviously join with his partner at the perfect fertile time. Research carried out at St. Andrews University in the UK recently revealed that women in fact prefer more muscular looking men at their most fertile times in the cycle. The opposite of this being that in the infertile times they prefer more feminine featured males - men they can associate with. It is believed that this is all due to evolution - in that muscular men would produce healthier offspring, whereas more sensitive men would be better lifetime
      partners. But what does all this mean for us today?

      The same cycles are still surging through our bodies. The moon still pulls upon our fluids, affecting our mood swings. The powerful force of the moon pushes and pulls whole oceans, affecting billions of animals on a daily basis and so the strength of this force must seriously affect our minds. But, our conscious world and human created cycles of hourly, daily, weekly and monthly life have come into stark contrast against nature itself. We are in fact battling with nature in so many ways, and here in the menstrual and sexual cycles of humanity we have found some incredibly imaginative methods of "self" control. We have in fact declared biological and chemical warfare on nature by introducing the paradoxical pill. Our arrogance tells us that we have won the battle and can stop the flow of the sea, like King Canute. And yet millions and millions of women suffer from all-manner of emotional instability crises because of the lack of natural balance - because we do not live at
      one with nature and understand it. The pill is supposed to use natural hormones to unnaturally affect our cycles - re-making them more regular. Cycles are very often irregular without the pill because we are out of balance with nature. We eat unnatural food, drink chemical drinks and rush around like headless chickens. A great many women feel they must battle with their male partners for alpha dominance because the feminine principle has been subjugated for so long. This causes women to often take on unnatural roles and cause stress.

      Every cause has an effect and we have to live with it.

      I have no issue with women doing anything they want. Instead I am simply pointing out what nature wants. We, as individuals must decide on what is best for us, for whatever we decide will have a profound effect upon those around us. The issue is, that to do battle with nature is to join the wrong army. There area great many ways of having sex and not having children without needing to pump our bodies full of chemicals. The problem is, our logical mind wants to reduce the risk factor all the time and for a great many people in the world the pill is the only answer, because of the lifestyles we lead. I am not preaching, I am simply pointing things out. These cycles affect us, we have battled against them and we expect to win.

      But it isn't only females that have cycles. Men too follow the rhythms of the solar system. We call all these cycles, both male and female, biorhythms - the rhythms of our biology.

      In the late 19th century a doctor by the name of Willhelm Fliess pioneered work on biorhythms and observed both 23 and 28 day cycles in many of his patients. He spent many years collecting data and believed that these rhythms were fundamental to man's life. He called these rhythms "master internal clocks" and stated that these clocks began counting from the moment we were born and only stopped at death. He noted that the 28 day lunar cycles was mirrored more in the female, whereas the 23 day cycles was a male cycles - although he did point out that mankind is basically both male and female and that both cycles affected us all. He noted how the 23 day cycle influenced vitality, strength and staying power - distinctly male elements he believed. The reverse of this was the 28 day cycle which governed sensitivity, intuition and love - elements we associate with the feminine gender.

      More recent research has refined much of this, even down to hourly cycles. For instance the psychotherapist Jed Diamond authored a book called Irritable Male Syndrome which pointed out from over 10000 subjects that the stresses and strains upon man today are basically screwing up the male cycles and causing depression, aggression and anxiety. The male hormone testosterone for instance fluctuates 4 or 5 times per hour, causing mood swings. In the morning testosterone is higher than at night and there are even yearly cycles, such as higher testosterone in November than April, which may be a natural device to stop winter births. Of course, as Diamond points out, it is not the cycle which is the problem, it is the denial that there is even a cycle and thereby the man cannot be at fault for his mood swings.

      The whole point of discovering the force of nature behind our lives is to openly accept that we are affected by nature and to find a balance with it. This can be with ourselves and our own cycles, but it can also be understanding the cycles of our loved ones too. If man and woman better understood the forces that were placed upon each other from within (hormones) and without (solar and lunar system) then we might have more understanding of each other. This is not to say that we can absolve ourselves of aggressive natures or depressive mood swings. No, we must understand who and what we are in relation to the world we create. This world of the natural drive is nature itself; the world we create around us is from within our imagination and is not natural. Who can say that being a high-flying corporate executive with a cell-phone glued permanently to our ear and a wireless laptop fixed constantly within our gaze is natural? Is it natural to spend half our natural lives in
      front of a television screen or searching the internet? We avoid relationships this way, because we cannot understand them. We absolve our responsibilities as animals on a wonderful world in perfect harmony with the sister planets.

      Nature drives our emotions, from male tension to female depression, and we spend our hard earned money running off to see the shrink because we do not understand the most basic of natural concepts. If we did then we would eat the right food on a regular cycle instead of grabbing a burger in-between business meetings or dropping the kids off at the creche. We would drink the right fluid and not pump our system with mind altering drugs like coffee and alcohol. We would maybe even learn how to set up a world-system whereby we all lived, breathed and worked for the greater harmony of our species - you never know!

      Instead we use the cycle for darker ends. Cycles are monitored not just by doctors and New Age gurus. The leaders and business moguls of our world also spot an opportunity when they see one and use the rhythms of life to manipulate us all even more. We also use them to increase our yields, to fish the seas and unnaturally step nature out of balance by fooling around with chemicals in animals. Will we ever learn?

      The arrogance of man - believing himself more powerful than nature - is one that will be our own undoing. There was a recent documentary on television about a man climbing Everest. Nothing unusual there, but the title of the documentary did make me chuckle - Man V's Mountain. It was as if we were pitting ourselves against nature itself and believing that we could conquer the mountain. Rest assured, if nature wanted to get rid of that little bug on its skin called man, it most certainly would do. Let's turn to a tale I mentioned earlier in the chapter - the story of King Canute - and see if there is a lesson held within the text for us today.

      Almost everybody in the UK, if not the Western world, will know of the tale of King Canute and how he tried to turn back the sea, but is everybody aware of the esoteric teaching behind this remarkable story? The tale is one we can easily learn today, especially as we attempt to turn back the tide of nature and control it.

      The time is the 11th century and the Viking Canute (Knut) is King of Demark, Norway and England. He was a very real King and his tomb can to this day be seen in Winchester, England.

      But as with most monarchs and people in power there erupts around them all-manner of weird and wonderful folktales, many based upon the art-form of propaganda but many also based upon the sacred teachings of esoteric societies. In this instance we have a little of both, as the tale erupted well after the death of the King and so was therefore Christian and monarchist propaganda and yet it was released by brothers who knew the esoteric truths.

      The story goes that the courtiers of King Canute were so overwhelmed with his leadership qualities that they constantly adored him and praised his every move. One day Canute was walking by the sea with his courtiers praising him as usual. He eventually grew weary of this praise and decided he would teach them all a lesson and said:

      "So you say I am the greatest man in the world?" To which they replied:

      "O King, there has never been anyone as mighty as you."

      "And you say all things obey my word?"

      "Yes my lord, all things bow before you."

      "In that case bring me my chair and we will go down to the water."

      Although the courtiers were puzzled they did as they were told and the Kings chair was placed close by the sea.

      "Very well Sea, I command you to come no further." Said the King.

      Of course they all waited and as we all know the sea refused to listen to the commands of the King. Finally he said:

      "Let it be known to all inhabitants of the world that the power of kings is empty, and no one is worthy of the name king except Him, whose will is obeyed by Heaven, earth and sea."

      We do know that the real King Canute was a religious man, with many non-Christian Viking styled followers who had followed him to England and so he ruled a religiously divided nation. It seems he respected the Christian Church and spent a lot of time and energy rebuilding the various churches and monasteries, in this way showing his allegiance to the power of the Church and according to some [1] had early but distinctly Masonic tendencies – using the buildings as symbols of the Grand Architects power. In this fable however we may have a hint of Christian propaganda revealing that the King himself is subject to the power of God (and therefore the Pope) in the form of the waves. But, as this story is obviously a fable and in all likelihood not a true literal account, then we do have to find the reason for it and as with many things there are many answers.

      The most often used explanation for this tale is that it proves that no man is above the law of nature, created by God, and this is very true, however there is depth here that is taught in several esoteric schools and never passed on to the uninitiated. I believe it is time for the true depth of this teaching to surface.

      To understand exactly what we are talking about here we will have to alter our perceptions slightly. Firstly we need to understand that the King in the story could have been any King. It simply uses him as the figure-head, the role. The King is in the role of our consciousness and indeed he is the head of the State and our own head. This King is our male-dominated consciousness that is constantly boasted of. We build up our own self-worth with our own thoughts – here portrayed as courtiers - the courtiers of the mind. In our conscious state we believe that we are in charge, that we control our actions, that we can do anything. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can become so if it is out of balance with nature itself.

      Inside all of us the power of nature surges like the sea and if we believe that we can control or turn back this powerful tide then we are indeed fools and not Kings. As an example I will create a fictional role. Let us say that my wife has a deep natural urge to nurture and care for young. She is attracted to puppies eyes and baby seals, as we all are to some extent. This is a natural urge and a good one. If this urge gets out of control or out of balance then we will end up with a house full of children and baby animals, but she curbs the desire and balances it out with her conscious knowledge. However, if she denies the power of the urge, the natural urge that sources through her very veins then she will be a mental and physical wreck because the natural urges will never cease and allow her a moment’s emotional rest. She will be denying an essence that is from within the heart of the very universe – the essence of life and life-creation.

      No man or woman on this planet can deny the natural urges that are within us, creating desires, loves, hunger and all-manner of emotions that when out of balance simply form an unnatural state and division and duality. When Arthur and Guinevere were split apart the land became infertile. When Solomon and Sheba were parted, Israel divided; and Robin Hood was nothing without Marion. We must be in union inside our minds with the natural world, with our natural state. We cannot fight it, but we must live with it in balance and harmony.

      King Canute as our male conscious self was simply balancing out the worldly thoughts of power that we all have, with the knowledge of the power of nature to which we are all subject. In this way, when we too believe that we can fight our natural urges, then we need to think again and to understand nature for what it truly is. These urges are not those bastardised forms that excuse a man of rape, no, these are pure and wholesome. They can be easily recognised because they will be beautifully creative moments and will be in perfect balance with that wee-small-voice we know as intuition.

      The outer shell we believe to be "ourselves" is in truth the creation of others, of time and our own experiences. The real you or I lies at the very centre of our being and it is in perfect connection to the universe - for it came from the very heart of the universe in the beginning. The problem is that because of a lifetime of "input" we have lost the ability to see or hear it.

      King Canute was indeed a wise King, a clever consciousness, as he knew he was only powerful because he understood nature and his place in it. His courtiers – the "input" – were fools, who did not.

      Time and tide, wait for no man.

      Notes

      1 Arcane Schools by John Yarker www.masonicworld.com/education/files/artjuno02/YARKERAS4.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2006
        "I have no issue with women doing anything they want. Instead I am simply
        pointing out what nature wants. We, as individuals must decide on what is
        best for us, for whatever we decide will have a profound effect upon those
        around us. The issue is, that to do battle with nature is to join the wrong
        army. There area great many ways of having sex and not having children
        without needing to pump our bodies full of chemicals. The problem is, our
        logical mind wants to reduce the risk factor all the time and for a great
        many people in the world the pill is the only answer, because of the
        lifestyles we lead. I am not preaching, I am simply pointing things out.
        These cycles affect us, we have battled against them and we expect to win. "

        I disagree that it is nature at all for nature is female as in mother
        nature, and who is he to point out what she wants?... He would be better off
        checking out what is in the milk he drinks...the meat he eats, etc. Its
        cause is the moon, and if you look up Suen who was before all the female
        moon goddess's you will find the moon is male...

        http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/MesoPan.html#Nanna-Suen

        Nanna-Suen (Sumerian) The moon-God, child of Enlil and Ninlil, husband of
        Ningal, and in at least one tradition the father of Utu and Inanna.

        http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-photos-moon-worship-archealolgy.htm