Fw: Monthly Statistical MUFON Report - for September 2006

  • William Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      September 2006 MUFON report: those pesky UFOs just won't go away...

      Bill Hamilton
      AstroScience Research Network
      http://www.astrosciences.info/
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts" - Buddha

      From: "John Schuessler" <schuessler@...>
      To: skywatcher22@...
      Subject: Monthly Statistical MUFON Report - for September 2006
      Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 09:00:50 UT

      Monthly Statistical MUFON Report - for September 2006:

      CMS continues to amass sighting reports from around the globe. In September 2006 there were 160 sightings reported to MUFON through CMS from the following countries;

      Country Number of Reports
      UNITED STATES 125
      UNITED KINGDOM 9
      CANADA 5
      AUSTRALIA 4
      CHILE 2
      MEXICO 2
      COLOMBIA 2
      ITALY 1
      BELGIUM 1
      MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF 1
      HONDURAS 1
      RUSSIAN FEDERATION 1
      URUGUAY 1
      BRAZIL 1
      BAHAMAS 1
      NAMIBIA 1
      SOUTH AFRICA 1
      FRANCE 1
      TOTAL: 160

      Within the United States the distribution by State was as follows;

      State Number of Reports
      Florida 19
      California 12
      Colorado 9
      Michigan 9
      North Carolina 8
      Texas 7
      New York 5
      Arizona 4
      Nevada 4
      Pennsylvania 4
      Vermont 3
      Virginia 3
      Washington 3
      Tennessee 3
      Alabama 2
      Missouri 2
      Illinois 2
      Ohio 2
      Indiana 2
      New Hampshire 2
      Idaho 1
      Alaska 1
      Montana 1
      Nebraska 1
      Oklahoma 1
      Arkansas 1
      Iowa 1
      West Virginia 1
      Kansas 1
      Rhode Island 1
      Wisconsin 1
      Massachusetts 1
      New Jersey 1
      South Carolina 1
      Wyoming 1
      New Mexico 1
      Georgia 1
      Minnesota 1

      If you are getting more sighting reports than listed here, please be sure to enter them manually into CMS. To make this happen automatically, make sure your local MUFON Website is pointing to the CMS Reporting form on www.mufon.com and direct all calls you get to the MUFON website so that witnesses can enter their own report directly into CMS.

      ALL sighting reports received by CMS are already filled in by the witness, saving you and your investigators time. Each report is automatically sent to YOU, the State Director and Assistant State Director, for you to assign someone to follow-up and complete the report.

      If a UFO sighting comes in over the phone, or by e-mail, and you want to enter it yourself, simply go to CMS and click on "UFO Sighting Reports" on the main menu and then click "ADD" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This gives you a blank sighting reporting form that you can fill out while the witness is on the phone. Once the report is filled out be sure to click "SAVE" and you will have easily added your NEW report to CMS.

      Other interesting data points in CMS during September 2006 are the shape of the UFOs reported which were as follows;

      Shape of Object Number of Reports
      Sphere 32
      Other 30
      Disc 29
      Circle 28
      Unknown 28
      Oval 24
      Star-like 23
      Triangle 15
      Flash 10
      Cigar 8
      Blimp 5
      Square/Rectagular 5
      Egg 5
      Fireball 5
      Diamond 3
      Boomerang 3
      Teardrop 3
      Chevron 2
      Bullet/Missle 2
      Cone 1
      Cross 1

      as well as the distance from the observer;

      Distance from Witness Number of Reports
      < 100 ft 9
      101-500 ft 14
      501 ft - 1 Mile 23
      Over 1 Mile 24
      Unknown 27

      Most impressively there were 6 Landings, Hovering, or Takeoffs reported and 10 Entities observed.

      To review the CMS data yourself go to www.mufon.com and click on "UFO Case Files" to 1.) Easily look at the Last 20 Sightings, or 2.) Do a customized search of the CMS database by date and/or location, or 3.) Logon to CMS for even more detailed UFO sighting information about your State and the World.

      I hope you are enjoying our new internet based Sighting and Reporting System. For questions regarding its use please refer to the User Guide available on your CMS main menu screen. Please send your questions and/or suggestions to Jan Harzan at janharzan@....

      Thank you!