Religion, Reincarnation & Reptilians - Part I

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006

      Click the link if you can't proceed to page 2.

      http://www.fatemag.com/issues/2000s/2006-09article1a.html

      Religion, Reincarnation, & Reptilians (Part I)
      By Joe Lewels
      FATE :: September 2006 Subscribe to FATE > Buy this issue > Send to a friend
      Ufology has, for good reason, been called “the forbidden science.” In fact, well-known author Jacques Vallee wrote a book by that title about the science of Unidentified Flying Objects. For decades now, scientists who venture even into the periphery of UFO studies have become pariahs in the scientific community. Most won’t get near it with a ten-foot pole.
      Perhaps the best example of this is the famous case of the late Dr. John E. Mack, Harvard professor of psychiatry, whose own colleagues tried to get him fired when his book, Abduction: Human Encounters With Aliens, was first published. What galled Harvard most was his suggestion that psychiatry, and science itself, needed to accept a new, multi-dimensional universe paradigm, populated by advanced beings who commune with us in strange ways. (Mack eventually won his legal battle when Harvard was bombarded with letters in support of him, written by numerous scientists and highly credentialed individuals.)
      But even as courageous as Dr. Mack was in asserting that abductees were not suffering from mental disorders and that they were not hoaxers or in any way delusional, he could not come forward and tell all he knew about the reality behind the UFO mystery. In the months before his untimely and tragic death (he was run down by a drunk driver in London in September 2004) he asked me to join him and California hypnotherapist Barbara Lamb in a project to make public the information we had each collected independently, but which he had not previously discussed in his two books on the abduction phenomenon.
      This project was to deal with the three forbidden “Rs” of ufology. Mack’s concept was to write a joint paper for publication, perhaps even a book, dealing with a variety of topics, including the many cases in which individuals report contact with non-human entities with distinctly reptilian features. Such reports have been known to researchers since at least the early 1990s, but few have been anxious to write about them or to speak on the subject publicly.
      Religion and UFOs
      Additionally, Dr. Mack wanted to discuss the problematic issue of the ancient history of a sentient serpent race that is found in ancient texts, such as the Vedic literature from India and the Sumerian texts from Mesopotamia, as well as the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible. I say problematic, because ufologists, in general, struggle to maintain the notion that the UFO mystery began only 50 or so years ago. By maintaining this arbitrary timeline, they are able to profess that the phenomenon is either a scientific study by aliens from nearby star systems, or the early stages of an alien invasion. Those are the only conclusions one can reasonably come to if UFOs are something relatively new. But what kind of study or invasion takes thousands of years? What if these so-called “aliens” have always been here, and ancient writings portray encounters with them? What if the gods of old are the aliens of today?
      If this is so, the study of ufology cannot avoid delving into both ancient religions and contemporary ones. This is a terrible dilemma for those wishing to make the study of UFOs an acceptable mainstream science. Debunkers already love to claim that those interested in UFOs are cultists, or that ufology is itself a religion and, therefore, not a science. Now an eminent scientist and UFO researcher was about to state publicly that reptilian beings exist and that they may have been here for thousands of years! That would certainly have rocked the ufology boat and made waves in the scientific community.
      Unfortunately, Mack did not live to see his project come to fruition. In the days before he left for London to speak at a conference on the life of Lawrence of Arabia (the subject of his Pulitzer-Prize-winning book), I spoke to him about our project, and he was eager to present our joint findings at the International UFO Conference in Laughlin, Nevada, in March 2005. This presentation would be a way of formalizing our thoughts and organizing our joint article. In the end, only Barbara Lamb and I were able to make the presentation, and the bulk of Dr. Mack’s material is still in his files and, as far as I know, tied up in matters of his estate.
      I suppose a good novelist could make an intriguing story about a grand conspiracy to silence the great scientist just before he revealed a long-lost secret, but alas, there does not appear to have been any such plot involved in the unfortunate death of Dr. Mack. It was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        I would not believe that unless I interviewed the guy myself and even then I
        would still suspect foul play... Why? Because there is no such thing as
        coincidence therefore there is no such thing as being in the wrong place at
        the right time... He was were he was for some reason and someone knew he
        would be there... No, "What if the gods of old are the aliens of today?"
        this is why... This affects more than just Ufology, the very livelihood of
        some people depends on this not becoming common knowledge...and I do not
        think the reptiles had anything to do with it... The ego took care of
        this....