FW: (no subject)

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      R egan case in point...roflol

      Subject: Monastery Life

      Monastery Life

      *A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the
      other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand. *

      *He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not
      from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to
      question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in
      the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would
      be continued in all of the subsequent copies.
      *
      *The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for
      centuries, but you make a good point, my son."
      He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery
      where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked
      vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go
      by and nobody sees the old abbot.

      So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees
      him banging his head against the wall and wailing,
      "We missed the "**R" ! , we missed the "R" !"
      *
      *His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying
      uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"

      With A choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was...*

      CELEBRATE!!!"

    • Regan Power
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
        It sure does explain a lot, Jahnets. ;-)

        Regan
        _____