RE: [ufodiscussion] The Enchanted Universe

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      Maybe because I am an Astrologer, but I find it interesting that other
      scientists suddenly "find" astrology works and then think of themselves as
      scandalous... lol this is funny... Sorry but to me this is like the Ostrich
      that finally takes his head out of the sand and discovers there is a sun
      that causes shadows... ;-) He did bring up something I thought was
      interesting...

      "But there is also a deeper advantage: Modern civilization pays a high
      price for living in a universe that it believes is random and spiritually
      meaningless. Nature is not honored but is instead exploited for short-term
      benefit. And a purposeless universe creates a sense of deep spiritual
      emptiness inside, which people try to fill with endless consumer products,
      so that the industrial technology producing those products is cannibalizing
      the planet. But as we know, you can never get enough of what you don't
      really need. A new vision of nature and the universe as ensouled, as
      spiritually significant, would give a better ground for both moral
      responsibility and a sense of spiritual belonging. "

      Nature(mother nature) is not honored but is instead exploited for short-term
      benefit... To me the base part of this statement is again what I believe
      humanity really is, and is doing on this planet. The spirit being the mind
      lacking emotions for the most part, and the soul (heart,emotional nature)
      being more instinctive for the most part. So we have male(mind) and
      female(soul) trying to merge into one being. Our long lost halves???
      Working out our differences??? Again only on a macro scale with the Earth
      and Mother Nature the mind is running the show and failing to see the
      equality in the soul and using it for it's own ends and in the outcome
      destroying it. This is how the grays lost their souls and got to the point
      that they are in, believing they could clone themselves forever. The only
      problem with this is if on one level you do not desire sex anymore, then on
      a micro level this becomes true too. The urge to continue is finally is
      cloned out. No desire, no desire to continue on a cellular level as well as
      a mental level... As above so below... It is a simple thing to realize that
      what you do to the Earth also affects the universe and on and on and on...
      So on a conscious level , the spirit exploiting the soul, furthers men
      exploiting women, furthers humanity exploiting the earth.....

      Dear Friends,

      Click the link if you can't proceed to page 2.

      http://www.beliefnet.com/story/193/story_19389_1.html

      The Enchanted Universe
      A respected academic creates a 'scandal' with a new work that merges
      cultural and planetary history with astrology. Interview by Shelley L.
      Ackerman Is the universe conscious? And does the cosmos actually care about
      what happens to Earth? In a new book, "Cosmos and Psyche" cultural historian
      and professor at California Institute of Integral Studies, Richard Tarnas,
      Ph.D., makes the case for a caring and sentient universe. While many
      scientists and academics subscribe to a paradigm in which faith and reason
      are separate, Tarnas offers an integrated perspective. Using astrology and
      planetary correspondences to illustrate patterns in world history, he
      reminds us that the stars do, in fact, light the way for humanity in its
      spiritual evolution and struggle with maturity.

      Tarnas recently spoke to Beliefnet about history and astrology, and how,
      in a culture with a soulless cosmology, "you can never get enough of what
      you don't really need."

      Your first book, "The Passion of the Western Mind," published in 1991, is
      widely taught in universities. You’ve used the word “scandalous" to describe
      your new book, "Cosmos and Psyche." Why a scandal? var bnum=new
      Number(Math.floor(99999999 * Math.random())+1); document.writeln("
      "); document.writeln("
      "); document.writeln(""); document.writeln('');
      Ads_kid=0;Ads_bid=0;Ads_xl=300;Ads_yl=250;Ads_xp='';Ads_yp='';Ads_opt=0;Ads_
      wrd='';Ads_prf=''; document.writeln(''); document.writeln('');
      document.writeln("
      ");

      Given current assumptions about the cosmos, it is a scandal for a
      professor of philosophy to come out with a book that is in any way
      supportive of astrology. I think it's safe to say that of all perspectives,
      astrology is the one most subject to automatic rejection and scorn in the
      modern intellectual world. I myself was skeptical until I conducted my own
      research. But the evidence is very compelling: There is an astonishingly
      consistent correlation between planetary alignments and the patterns of
      human experience. "Cosmos and Psyche" sets out that evidence in a way that
      readers new to this perspective can examine and assess for themselves. It's
      a little like Galileo's telescope: Anyone could look through it to see the
      new universe it revealed, but it was a scandal at the time.

      How would you describe the astrological perspective?

      Most cultures, including our own prior to the modern era, had some kind of
      astrology as part of their world view, for they understood the cycles of the
      moon, sun, and planets as deeply meaningful. The astrological perspective
      sees the universe as both meaningful and unified. Instead of the modern
      division between the purposeful, meaning-seeking human consciousness and a
      random, meaningless universe, astrology points to a universe that is
      integrated at all levels: outer and inner, macrocosm and microcosm,
      celestial and terrestrial. As was said by the ancients, "As above, so
      below."

      What would be the advantage of a world view that includes astrology?

      The existence of correlations between the planetary cycles and human life
      makes it possible for both individuals and societies to understand better
      what archetypal energies are at work and at what time. This can help us be
      more skillful and aware as we engage in the activities of life. It's like
      knowing the weather report before going out into the ocean to sail or surf.
      It helps to know where the winds and waves will be coming from.

      But there is also a deeper advantage: Modern civilization pays a high
      price for living in a universe that it believes is random and spiritually
      meaningless. Nature is not honored but is instead exploited for short-term
      benefit. And a purposeless universe creates a sense of deep spiritual
      emptiness inside, which people try to fill with endless consumer products,
      so that the industrial technology producing those products is cannibalizing
      the planet. But as we know, you can never get enough of what you don't
      really need. A new vision of nature and the universe as ensouled, as
      spiritually significant, would give a better ground for both moral
      responsibility and a sense of spiritual belonging.

      How severe must the crisis be for this awakening?
      Read more on page 2 »