The Gate Of God - Part II

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 10:47 AM

      Click the link if you don't receive the images.

      http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1543.html

      Here's the link to part I if you didn't read it or need to refresh your memory;

      http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1542.html

      The Gate of God Part 2

      Posted on Wednesday, May 31 @ 18:05:00 CDT
      Part Two by Gary Osborn

      The ancient Egyptian RU symbol or hieroglyph - the oval placed above the Ankh - is also ‘egg-shaped’, but also symbolises the female vagina (the ancient Egyptian kteis) – further signifying the “portal between worlds.

      ” The RU also symbolizes the mouth – itself a symbol for the void through which the ‘Logos’ or ‘Word’ is uttered (vibrations) into creation. And of course the RU also symbolizes the ‘eye’ – also associated with the ‘Eye of Ra’ and the ‘Eye of Horus.’

      These god-eye-appendages are metaphors for the “eye of the storm” centre of the vortex and therefore the zero-point-void and the ‘source-centre of creation’ associated with the thalamus. This is also the point of enlightenment, which the ancient Egyptian god Atum-Ra personified - being the location of the inner sun experienced at the climax of the enlightenment experience known by the Hindus as Kundalini. The Norse god Odin – known as the “Whirlwind” (cyclone-vortex) also had one eye. The names associated with the ancient Egyptian god Osiris are related to the eye - being the inner eye - the thalamus.

      Again, not many of us are aware that the RU was placed above the T-cross or Tau of the ancient Egyptian Ankh symbol – associated with the ‘life-force.’

      The T-cross represented the human spine and this is why Jesus was cRUcified on it and entered the RU. (See article, Rose Cross, in the article section on my website which gives more support to my theory that the physical thalamus also represented the Philosopher’s Stone.)

      Figure 7: A stylised version of the ancient Egyptian Ankh

      It would seem that the function of the thalamus – being a relay station at the centre of the brain – was the only physical organ which could make a ‘magical correspondence’ with all the above.

      Furthermore, one could say that the ‘subconscious realm’ which the ancients called the ‘Underworld’ is really comprised of the extra energy-information we tend to block-out. In other words, and from our perspective, the thalamus acts very much like a valve – a ‘gateway’ – but in reverse, by only letting in very little of this information; tapping this pool of energy-information – a – bit – at – a – time, and at the very moment when a fusion takes place at the cRUcial point during the oscillation cycles of the thalamus.

      However, at certain times some of us are able to tap more of this energy information, which we tend to block out by being unconscious at the point of fusion, and this depends on how unconscious or conscious we are during this brief ‘pulse’ moment.

      Moreover, the word ‘thalamus’ also means, ‘bedroom’ and ‘bridal bed’ or indeed ‘bridal chamber’ where of course the marriage between partners is often consummated by sexual intercourse. Again curious, because this part of the brain is again associated with fusion – which in esoteric terms signifies the sexual fusion of male and female opposites, associated with the procreative process.

      After examining ancient symbology, it becomes apparent that it was believed by the ancients that we create our reality in the same way by selecting information internally from the source and projecting it, and all during this same fusion-node-point in the cyclical process. So, if all the information we are picking up from the world around us is integrated within the thalamus – which selects only that information with which we are familiar and where this information is then being regulated and relayed to the rest of the brain – then we can see that during the rare ‘enlightenment experience’ – when one experiences all the information of the universe at once, or so it seems – the ‘gateway’ of the thalamus has opened up totally - or that all our energies are focused at this point in the brain.

      Therefore it is logical to say that this ‘conscious fusion experience’ takes place in the thalamus right at the centre of the brain. This fusion is also associated with the activation of the ‘third eye’ by which one is able to peer into, or “see” into the spiritual realms – i.e., the Underworld and ‘higher-worlds’ – and interact with these worlds as one would via ‘Out of Body’ experiences and what we now call ‘Remote Viewing’.

      What I am really talking about here is the superimposition of the two realms belonging to the left and right hemispheres – i.e., the conscious-self (being the energy-information which we interact with everyday) and the subconscious-self, (energy-information we usually block out) and all within the thalamus at the centre of the brain.

      Further evidence that the thalamus is the true ‘third eye’ is revealed in the following quote from an old manuscript, The Realization Course by Jay Nichols: It is taken from the section, titled Aries – a sign of the Zodiac which has always been associated with the head. We are being told that Aries “the Ram,” is also said to be associated with the thalamus. This is interesting, as in the Zodiac cycle, the cusp between Aries and Pisces represents that Alpha-Omega point in all the cycles. We are being told that the physical thalamus at the centre of the brain represents this A-O point – also being the ‘neutral point’ and the apex of the Triad.

      ‘The All-seeing Eye is the Thalamus. The Optic Thalamus means “Light of the Chamber.” It is located in the center of the head and connects the Pineal Gland and the Pituitary Body. “If thine eye be single, thy whole body will be full of Light.”

      The skull is the Cup of Life which has been termed the Holy Grail. Take note that this Light from the Chamber can extend downward, or upward, outward. A deficiency in the area of the Pituitary and Pineal means a deficiency in the entire body.’ [10]

      Again, I have my own speculations verified by another source on several counts: The head or skull is said to be the “cup,” the “chalice,” the “Grail” – which is why the head was revered and sometimes taken from enemies.

      And the phrase “If thine eye be single” etc., is attributed to Jesus as is the Alpha Omega – Jesus representing the ‘Door’ as he is reported to have said.

      Now if the thalamus is the “cell” or “egg,” then surely, and symbolically, the massa intermedia is its nucleus – and here we should note that Horus – on whom Jesus is based, and like Jesus who said he was the ‘door’ and the ‘alpha and omega,’ Horus claimed he was the ‘cosmic egg’.

      The Massa Intermedia

      The massa intermedia is a bundle of nerve fibres that connect the left and right lobes of the thalamus. Apparently, the massa intermedia doesn’t seem to have a function – or its function is unknown – which is interesting.

      This “junction” point – which marks the nucleus of the head and the nucleus of the “thalamic egg” – is only present in the brains of about 70% of the human population. Most males don’t possess it – or if they do, it is only half the size of that of the female.

      Figure 8: A sagittal view of the Massa Intermedia inside the Thalamus. The massa intermedia looks like the nucleus of a cell and also looks like the pupil of an eye – the eye being the Thalamus. It’s tempting to see the massa intermedia as representing the ‘stone’ at the centre of the egg

      The massa intermedia does look remarkably like the nucleus of a cell or egg – the “egg” being the thalamus, as shown below. and so the Egyptians – or those who taught them (again, possibly an advanced ancient culture) – also made this comparison and for symbolic, ‘magical correspondence’ reasons, which could be communicated over time and picked up by those who would make the same comparisons, thereby noting its deeper significance in regard to the ‘enlightenment experience.’

      The thalamus in cross-section as shown above also looks like an oval and like the RU hieroglyph which symbolises the vagina, the mouth, and the eye. And if so, then the massa intermedia is the pupil of this eye.

      And now we come to why the Scarab Beetle is so important to our enquiry here, and why it manifested and made itself prominent in the experiences of Carl Jung, whose work was all about the ‘collective unconscious’.

      The Scarab Beetle, Khepri:

      An Archetype for the Thalamus and the ‘Collective Unconscious’?

      The significance of the thalamus to the advanced race of people who predated the recorded history of the ancient civilisations we know of today, is reflected in the ancient Egyptian mythical traditions.

      If we look back at Figure 5, then we can see that from above, the two halves of the thalamus look exactly like the body of the ‘scarab beetle’; a creature worshipped as sacred by the ancient Egyptians.

      Figure 9: Scarab or Dung Beetle. Note the wing divide on its back, which looks like a Tau or T-Cross

      As said, it was also noted that the thalamus is also ‘egg-shaped’ with the horns of the lateral ventricle in the brain looking similar to the beetle’s horns.

      Egyptologists will tell us that the scarab beetle is an Egyptian symbol for immortality and also regeneration and resurrection. We are also told that the ancient Egyptians observed these beetles rolling animal dung balls across the ground and saw a connection between this activity and the movement of the sun – the source of Light – across the sky.

      It was believed that like the ‘dung beetle,’ the ‘sun-god’ Khepri rolled the sun across the sky. As we know, every evening the sun will go down only to rise again the next morning. It’s no wonder that the Scarab became an Egyptian symbol for ‘rebirth’ and ‘resurrection’ as the sun when it set, was believed to go into the earth – the Underworld – which was then reflected in the dark, star-lit sky.

      Another thing – and very important to what I am saying about the thalamus; a comparison was made between these dung balls and the ‘female egg’ – reinforcing the belief that this activity of the beetle was a symbol of rebirth and that the beetle will be “born of itself.”

      The Egyptians also confused this ‘ball of dung’ or . . .

      “ . . . food source with the egg sack that the female dung beetle laid and buried in the sand. When the eggs hatched the dung beetles would seem to appear from nowhere, making it a symbol of spontaneous creation” [11]

      . . . as we would find with the thalamus from which one both creates – i.e., selects and extracts the appropriate information from the source or void ("nothing" and “nowhere” - non-local) and projects and engages with it as in one’s experience of reality – as believed by mystics.

      Scarabs were worn as jewellery and amulets, and were buried with the dead so as to ensure their rebirth in the afterlife.

      Figure 10: Egyptian Scarab Beetle drawn in 3 different perspectives.

      Note the Egyptian crown glyphs on base of ‘B’ – each designating one of the opposites.

      The crowns worn by the two Uraei or Kundalini serpents (ida and pingala) are supposed to symbolize ‘Upper’ and ‘Lower Egypt,’ but could have also been used to symbolize the left and right halves of the brain and also the pineal and pituitary gland – the scarab being the thalamus where these opposites become ONE

      It’s just as logical to suppose that the Egyptians acquired their knowledge through the method of analogy – in that they were possibly taught, that the thalamus in the brain looked just like the body of a beetle, (again, see Figure 5) and that the thalamus at the centre of the brain was associated with the centre of consciousness itself – being the point in the brain where a ‘fusion’ in consciousness takes place; ensuring a ‘spiritual rebirth’ through the cleansing ‘inner fire’ or ‘inner sun’ of the enlightenment experience. This then raises the question:

      “Who taught them this?”

      Again, it was most likely the people behind the ‘cult of the serpent;’ the shamanic, ‘Shining Ones’ who understood the enlightenment experience, as their epithet suggests. The ancient Egyptian city of Heliopolis was the first city to be founded by the Neter gods and the Shemsu-Hor “Followers of Horus.” The Neters were also known as the Neteru – encompassing the term RU, meaning, “gateway” (Nete-RU.) My assertion that it was these people whom had taught the ancient Egyptians their wisdom is supported by the following quote:

      ‘The capital of the solar religion was the city of On, which Greeks called Heliopolis (“the City of the Sun”), It was probably at On that Khepri, a scarab god of the sun, appeared in the predynastic epoch. [12]

      And now, possibly we know why. To find that the ancient Egyptian worship of the scarab beetle Khepri had originated from that region is one thing, but to discover also that the name of Khepri could be changed to Khepru (Khep-RU) to be associated with the RU “gateway” into “other worlds” – as conceptualised by these pre-dynastic Neteru gods and priests – is another:

      ‘The name Khepri (or Kheperi, or Khepera) means “The Being, The Extant”. The name Khepri is related to other words of the same root, e.g. kheper “to exist, to come to existence” and khepru “transformations, metamorphoses”.’ [13]

      This is more evidence that esoterically, the RU symbol signifies the thalamus, which has technically been termed a central “relay station” or “information valve-gateway” in the brain.

      It is also being implied by the ancients, that the thalamus reflects the “cosmic egg” through which we come into existence, and that we can be ‘transformed’ through its spiritual activation – experienced as enlightenment. Again, the scarab beetle god, Khepri would have personified this “gateway” – especially in the correspondences that the beetle was seen to make with these shamanic experiences. [14]

      Figure 11: Scarab Brooch. This design looks as if the brain has been sliced open revealing the thalamus at the centre – the two wings representing the two sides of the brain, which is what the wings of the Caduceus is said to also represent.

      The ‘sun disk,’ held by Khepri is the Inner Sun – the void, which in Hindu tradition is the bindu point above the head. As we can see we are being told that the thalamus – via Khepri – is connected to this ‘source-centre’ personified by the God Atum-Ra. Note the three legs, like the three nerve meridians all culminating in the thalamus.

      To support my theory that the Neteru, Shemsu-Hor, ‘Shining Ones’ or ‘Serpent People’ were a shamanic race, there is good evidence that the scarab beetle is shamanic in origin as the following quotes reveal:

      ‘So-called "pendants" in the shape of beetles are known from the late Palaeolithic epoch (10,000 to 20,000 years ago.)

      ‘ . . . Ethnoentomological studies reveal beetles’ significance due to their importance as a food source and their ability to fly. In primitive and traditional cultures, shamans (medicine men) play very important roles. They are men of power, who are able to address issues in both the terrestrial and celestial worlds.

      ‘They are able to “fly” in the sky, (in dreams or trances) and descend to subterranean hells where they act as mediators between infernal powers and ordinary men.

      ‘With these talents held in high esteem, beetles were observed to fly in the sky and dive into the ground. In addition to their palatability, it is plausible to consider the importance of beetle symbolism within shamanic cultures . . .’ [15]

      We can see then that the shaman saw many correspondences in the beetle: that it could fly like the shaman as in ‘astral flight’ and also dive into the ground – which suggested the shaman’s journey into the Underworld. The link between the black and gold scarab beetle and the thalamus in the brain would surely have been made, as the spiritually-activated thalamus becomes the ‘third eye’ – the Philosopher’s Stone or ‘Projection Stone’ associated with the trance state and which actually allows these shamanic abilities.

      Here’s a few more extracts which suggests a connection between the scarab beetle and the Philosopher’s Stone through which one finds immortality:

      ‘Taoism is another Asian religion, or rather philosophy. Its goal was to reach immortality, either material (for the body,) or spiritual (for the soul.) Of course, spiritual immortality was more precious and more difficult to reach. A famous text, “The Secret of the Golden Flower”, takes the sacred scarab as an example of the “work to be done” in order to reach spiritual immortality. Taoism believes in the strengths of various material “pellets” that aids in reaching immortality. The scarab dung ball was identified as one of these pellet substances . . .’ [16]

      The Taoist “pellets” – which were seen to be reflected in the dung-balls of the beetle – are obviously related to the “stone” or “egg” of alchemy – as is the phrase “work to be done” – which is the ‘Great Work’ also associated with alchemy - ’internal alchemy’ that is, as associated with enlightenment or superconsciousness and by which one knows one is immortal. There is also a phrase used in alchemy that “the stone is found in dung,” and this is further supported by the following:

      ‘The Jesuit Athanasius Kircher (1602-1680) did not hesitate to recall the identification scarab = Christ, referring both to St. Ambrose and Psalm 22:6:

      “But I am a worm, and no man,” verse which has been referred to Christ, and where (as Kircher says), “some read scarab instead of worm.”

      ‘He went further to combine Christian faith with Alchemy: for him, the scarab was the prima materia of the Great Work. This idea was shared by some alchemists, e.g. Michael Maier (1566-1622,) who explained in his writings that the so-called “philosophical stone”, product of the Great Work, was nothing other than Christ, resuscitated from the dead; a promise of resurrection for all human beings. ‘Perhaps the scarabs and other beetles still occasionally used as ornaments [. . .] are ultimate remnants of these old faiths, which can be traced back to the Egyptians and Paleolithic shamans.’ [17]

      Yes and it would seem that a large amount of this predynastic knowledge was lost on the later dynastic Egyptians, as if much of it was misunderstood, and what was understood had become forgotten. The word “worm” - Orm (Scandinavian - see below) is associated with the “serpent” – and it being seen or read, as “scarab” is indeed interesting. Christ is saying that he is a ‘serpent’ and no man – or that he is the ‘scarab’ – i.e., reborn via the activated thalamus, which is experienced as ‘enlightenment’.

      In esoteric thought, the normally functioning, and therefore spiritually inactive thalamus, is represented by the BLACK scarab, as it represents the “black void” of the ‘unconscious’. In other words, the normal inactive thalamus means that the individual is unconscious of that source-centre as represented by the physical thalamus.

      The spiritually-activated thalamus is represented by the GOLDEN scarab beetle – representing the opened third eye and man having become conscious of this source-centre.

      I have already mentioned that Jesus is one of the most recent Christs or Messiahs from a long line of ‘anointed ones’. The gods Thoth, Osiris and Horus were also ‘anointed ones’ and were the Neteru gods – the archetypal shamanic gods of the ‘serpent people.’ We will look at the term ‘anointment’ later and reveal what it really means.

      Again, the thalamic centre of the brain – which also looks like an egg – was considered to reflect the ‘Cosmic Egg’ – the source of all creation – which, during the ‘awakening’ of the enlightenment experience, has been consciously “fertilised” by the fusion of one’s opposite energies. Therefore one is ’reborn’ – ’resurrected’ like the ‘Christed one’ – the christened or ‘anointed one’ - who was originally based on the god Osiris whose name is associated with the inner eye.

      The fact that the massa intermedia connects the two hemispheres of the brain together as well as the two lobes of the thalamus, was physical proof of this fusion between the opposites – also reflected in the male-female-related left and right hemispheres. The beetle rolling a piece of dung that looked like a female egg reinforced this connection

      Figure 12: Close-up view of the Ru above the Ankh showing Khepri or KhepRU (underneath an orb which in my view,represents the thalamus) and the two asp-like snakes which are striking the two orbs – possibly the pineal and pituitary glands

      Above we have a close-up of the Ankh symbol we saw earlier. As we can see, Khepri – also known as Khepru (Khep-RU) is inside the RU – representing the thalamus.

      This is further supported by the three orbs inside the RU oval, which indicate the pineal, the pituitary and the thalamus – the thalamus being in its rightful place between the pineal and pituitary and above the scarab beetle Khepri. This orb or sun-disk, associated with Khepri is also the void (bindu) and the esoteric, ‘Inner Sun.’

      ‘O Atum-Khoprer, thou becamest high in the height. Thou didst arise up as the benben stone in the Mansion of the Bennu Bird in Heliopolis.’
      (Pyramid Texts, 600’)

      To round off this conclusion, we also see two asp-like snakes or serpents striking the two orbs (pineal and pituitary.) We would also note that these three orbs are the ‘three golden apples’ that rested at the top of the tree (a metaphor for the spine) in the Greek myth of the Garden of the Hesperides. The Tree and the three apples were guarded by the serpent known as Ladon. After slaying Ladon, Hercules took the three apples – in that like Prometheus, he “stole the fire from heaven” – and it was Prometheus who told him how to find the apples. In other words, Hercules halted the ‘alternating-current’ of the opposite serpent energies within him and experienced enlightenment, and through this illumination he also experienced the ’source-center of creation’ – something which was believed to be possessed by the gods only.

      The ‘apple’ is a symbol of the Toroidal Vortex – the fRUit with the seed at its centre. The whole design of the RU, as shown above the Tau or T-Cross of the Ankh, is indicative of the tree, (the spine) which contains the three golden apples. The RU of the Ankh itself could depict an apple – i.e., a large toRUs or toroid with the “seed stones” (pips) at its centre. As we can see, there are multiple meanings here which all interconnect with the true meaning of the Grail (centre of the head or brain) and man’s immortality.

      It’s possible that the ‘three golden apples’ – the pineal and pituitary glands and the thalamus (being the main Golden Apple in particular) are the ‘Golden Bough’ as pointed out by Lady Flavia Anderson in her fascinating book The Ancient Secret:

      ‘The alchemists often called the Philosopher’s Stone “the Golden Apple of the Hesperides” or the “golden bough”.’ [18]

      ’The Golden Bough’ - as pointed out by J. G. Frazer, in his book with the same title - is the Mistletoe that was ceremoniously gathered from the Oak tree by the Druids - the priesthood of the Celts. It should be noted that each sprig of mistletoe has up to THREE white berries that turn a golden colour when picked.

      We find that the Celts belong to the racial group known as the Indo-Europeans. The Celtic language is very close to ancient Sanskrit - the language of the Hindus - revealing a link between the Celts and the Hindus. The supposed origin of Hinduism is Jainism. In the Sacred book of the Jainas we have an example of the threes.

      ’One should ever make his own self radiant by the light of the three jewels’, [19] says the book with all the secret teachings for those with the eyes to see and the minds open enough to understand. For us to truly understand, to see the light, to be ’enlightened’, we must utilise the ’three jewels’.

      Do we not see these "three jewels" represented in the three orbs inside the ancient Egyptian Ankh shown above surrounding the beetle god?

      We also find that THREE SEEDS from the Tree of Life which stood in the Garden of Eden were placed under the tongue of Adam after he died and then he was buried at Gâghûltâ (Golgotha) the “place of the skull” which was located at the centre of the earth - something else which is giving us an important clue to what all this is leading to and which is the crux of my book Gate of God.

      In any case, we can see that these "three jewels", "apples", "berries" or "seeds", correspond with everything I have mentioned so far as regards the male (pineal) and female (pituitary) opposites and more importantly the neutral point (thalamus), where both opposites are united together as one.

      In Buddhist belief the three jewels, similar to the Hindu, release us from the clutch of rebirth on the material plane. The initiate would say, ‘I go for refuge to the Buddha . . . to the dharma . . . and to the sangha’. They are the paths to enlightenment: the father, the son and the spirit.

      In Norse myth, the mountain of Asgard, based on the shamanic ‘World Mountain’ – similar in conception to the ‘world tree’ – had three high thrones waiting to be claimed. Again, the inclined mountain to be climbed and the tree are metaphors for the spine, and of course on top of the spine is the head containing the three organs associated with the third eye and enlightenment.

      The myth of the Phoenix, which I present in the new version of the book The Shining Ones, is all part of this same code presented via similar metaphors and the meaning behind them. In brief, the Bennu bird (soul) which is perched on top of the Benben capstone of the pillar or pyramid, and later the Phoenix, in its nest (skull) situated at the top of the tree (spine), is reborn via the inner fire (light) of the Kundalini. We should note that the Phoenix was later replaced by the Dove - or rather the Christian use of the Biblical Dove first mentioned in the story of Noah and the ’rebirth’ or ’resurrection’ of the human race after the Flood or Deluge.

      Furthermore, it would seem likely that we have also identified the meaning behind the legendary ‘Golden Fleece’ sought by the hero Jason and the Argonauts. The Fleece is supposed to be the hide of the Ram – and as we know the Ram is associated with the head under the first Zodiac sign Aries. Here’s another curious paragraph from Lady Flavia Anderson’s book:

      ‘Mr Lewis Spence tells us that the common apple-tree reached Greece from the North. It was adopted by the Greek sun-god as especially sacred to him, and from the Celtic abal, and apple, the god derived his name Apollo. Avallach and Avalooc are Celtic variants of the same word. [Anderson’s source is The Minor Traditions of British Mythology by Lewis Spence p. 107].

      ‘We have already found that because the Greek word melon means both apple and sheep, the apple is probably identical to the Golden Fleece’. [20]

      Abal is also in the word Cabala or Qaballah and the Welsh word aval, also meaning, ‘apple,’ is associated with the Isle of Avalon being Glastonbury in England.

      The term ‘Avatar,’ is therefore also connected with these three apples, and Lady Anderson also points out that the ‘sun-temple’ of King Evalach or Avallach which Joseph of Arimathea had travelled to so as to convert the heathen to Christianity was none other than Glastonbury in England.

      Glastonbury Tor, is symbolic of the ‘primordial mound’ or shamanic ‘world mountain’ and some say it is a vortex. Lady Anderson goes as far as to suggest that the ancient site of Glastonbury is the original site from where we get the legend of the Garden of the Hesperides. And from here we can go further into these connections, which I can only touch on here. These connections will be covered in more depth in my book Gate of God:

      ‘It is sufficient to say here that the three nymphs of the Hesperides are the earth-mother [World Mother or Earth Goddess] in her three-fold aspect, and are represented on Solomon’s “Bed” – that is to say on the little golden tree – by the three spinning-whorls, emblematic of the female. Indeed the traditions take great care that the Mother’s emblems shall not be forgotten.’ [21]

      Now read this from John Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible:

      ‘ . . . also our bed [is] green; the same with “his bed which is Solomon’s”; his by gift and purchase; the church’s, by having a right through him, and an admittance to all the privileges of it: where the word is preached, ordinances administered, souls are begotten and born again, there Christ and his church have fellowship with each other; said to be “green”, in allusion to the strewing of beds with green herbs and leaves, and branches of trees particularly the nuptial bed, called from thence “thalamus” and it may denote the fruitfulness of the saints in grace and holiness, like green olive trees, in the house of God: or else numerous converts in the church, a large spiritual seed and offspring of Christ and the church, as were in the first times of the Gospel, and will be in the latter day: a green bed is an emblem of fruitfulness in the conjugal state; so the Targum and Jarchi interpret it.’ [22] (My emphasis).

      Remember that ’thalamus’ also means, “bridal chamber” and “bridal bed” – and I say it’s because this is where the fusion takes places within the individual and between one’s opposites, as in the physical sex act – which is why this "bed" is an emblem of “fruitfulness in the conjugal state” – meaning the union of ‘marriage.’ Interesting because the Greek and Roman God of marriage was Thalassios.

      And again, does this mean that the three nymphs of the Hespirides being aspects of the ‘world mother’ and like the three golden apples of the tree, with which they are actually associated – each represent the pineal pituitary and the thalamus?
      What if we were to find something in the Grail Romances that actually refers to the above and to the thalamus?

      Here are a few lines from Parzival:

      ‘My prayers and entreaties will I now send forth heart and hands aloft to Helicon, to that ninefold throne whence the fountains spring from which the gift of words and meaning flow. Its host and its nine hostesses are Apollo and the Camenae . . . And could I obtain of it but a single drop, my words would be dipped in the glowing crucible of Camenian inspiration, to be there transmuted into something strangely wonderful, make to order, like Arabian gold’. [23]

      Wolfram von Eschenbach, Parzival

      Why would Essenbach refer to the Camenae? . . Unless it was part of a code.

      We are told that in Roman religion and mythology, the Camenae were nine water nymphs gifted in prophecy and that in later times these nine included the three Muses or three Graces.

      This is interesting as Hesiod named one of the ‘three graces’ – another version of the three-fold goddess – Thallia – which means, “to bloom” like a flower. She later became Thallo the goddess of blooming.

      So we have nine water nymphs in total. The “water” makes a reference to the flowing energy of the chakra vortices. The nine are the seven chakras – with the sixth consisting of three organs – i.e., the three components that make up the so-called ‘third eye’ – being the pineal, the pituitary and the thalamus. 6 + 3 = 9. However when we count the levels vertically there are still seven. What magically appears from this is a cross.

      Numeric Cross 8 9 7 6 5 4 3 2 1