9188RE: [ufodiscussion] Crop Circles: Product Of Collective Consciousness, ET Or Something Else?

    Mar 3, 2006
      Scientists are aware that as an organ, the brains primary function is to act
      as a receiver. If that is the case, we could simply be a tool for the
      transportation of thought to the physical environment we live in. This
      possibility alarms or confuses a good many people because it would mean that
      it was possible that every work of art, every invention and every idea we've
      ever had as a species, came from outside ourselves. Who amongst us can
      describe where our ideas actually come from? Like Doug and Dave, we might be
      able to point to a specific stimulus, (in their case, the reed beds), but
      every single crop circle design had to be imagined in the mind prior to its
      creation. But where does this imagination originate?

      Good point... Jahnets

      Dear Friends,

      Click the link if you don't receive the images.

      http://www.thothweb.com/article2515.html

      Crop Circles: A product of the collective consciousness, a calling card
      from ET or something else?

      ---------------------------------
      Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 (CST) by Thoth

      ---------------------------------
      Crop circles are mysterious phenomena that practically everyone in the
      western world has become familiar with over the last thirty years,
      stimulating our imagination, our curiosity and our desire to find the truth
      as to their origins.

      Due to the wider publicity they receive, many people have the
      misconception that these formations are confined to America, Canada and
      Europe, but they have actually appeared in dozens of countries. Even
      countries like Nigeria and Kenya have seen their fair share. The earliest
      reports of these strange formations actually date back as far as 815AD when
      one was documented in Lyon, France. In the 17th Century a legend called the
      'Mowing of the Devil', tells how an entity visited a farmer's field in
      England and created a circle in the crops.

      The phenomena began in earnest though in Warminster, England in 1972 when
      Bryce Bond and Arthur Shuttlewood became the first modern crop circles
      witnesses.

      One of the gentlemen was quoted as saying:

      “Suddenly, I heard a noise. It seemed as if something pushed down the
      wheat. That night the air was completely still. I looked around. The moon
      had just appeared, shining brightly. In front of my eyes I could see a great
      imprint taking shape. The wheat was forced down in a clockwise direction."

      This renewed interest in the crop circle mysteryseemed to be brought
      crashing to its knees in 1993 when England’s ‘Today’ newspaper revealed that
      two UFO enthusiasts, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, claimed that they were
      responsible for many of Britain’s crop circles, saying they had been
      inspired by strange flattenedcircles which had appeared in reed beds in
      Tully, Queensland, Australia in 1966.

      As the media hysteria subsided and the sceptics gleefully clung onto their
      'prize', it became clear that, while Doug and Dave certainly had been busy,
      the phenomena was so widespread that it was physically impossible for them
      to have done everything they claimed. So the question on many people's minds
      suddenly became, if Doug and Dave hadn't made all the circles, who - or
      what - was making the rest? Could they be a natural phenomena? Was it
      possible they were being created by extraterrestrials? With circle designs
      becoming increasingly complex, ranging from the bizarre to the mundane to
      the truly awe-inspiring, people had also began to question the source of
      their inspiration. Was it really just the reed beds of Australia? And if
      these complex designs weren't being derived from nature, then whose mind was
      creating them?

      Are our thoughts really our own?

      German existentialist philosopher Martin Heidegger is one of many
      philosophers who postulated that we don’t actually create thoughts, rather,
      they come to us. This theory implies that despite what we may believe, our
      thoughts aren’t our own, rather, they are attracted to us by some as yet
      unknown universal mechanism. Many metaphysical philosophers believe that in
      effect, beyond our own awareness, there may be a pool of conscious thought
      that we all draw upon. We exist under the illusion that our thoughts are our
      own, but there is no tangible evidence to support that assumption. How do we
      know that those thoughts don’t already exist in the Aether?

      Scientists are aware that as an organ, the brains primary function is to
      act as a receiver. If that is the case, we could simply be a tool for the
      transportation of thought to the physical environment we live in. This
      possibility alarms or confuses a good many people because it would mean that
      it was possible that every work of art, every invention and every idea we've
      ever had as a species, came from outside ourselves. Who amongst us can
      describe where our ideas actually come from? Like Doug and Dave, we might be
      able to point to a specific stimulus, (in their case, the reed beds), but
      every single crop circle design had to be imagined in the mind prior to its
      creation. But where does this imagination originate?

      In truth there is no answer to that question. We can’t pinpoint exactly
      how ideas originate – they just do. Thus it seems reasonable to wonder, when
      people create ‘fake’ crop circles, where the original inspiration comes
      from. The designers assume the ideas which inspire their creations are their
      own, the same applies to all our thoughts. We merely assume that they are
      our own; that there is no greater power than the power of our own minds.

      We also assume that we have ownership of our own thoughts. But do we truly
      own our thoughts? Or could it be that we simply tap into a greater power
      that is external to ourselves; a universal ‘well of thought’ for want of a
      better expression? If we don’t have ownership of our own thoughts, then it’s
      quite possible that the hoaxer is just a tool in the divine plan of the
      universe which would mean that there is no such thing as a fake crop circle,
      but rather that crop circles may actually originate in a univeral mind,
      which sometimes expresses itself through the human mind, and sometimes
      through less obvious means.

      Crop circles – a Nocturnal Phenomena

      As most people will be aware, crop circles invariably appear at night.
      From a practical point of view, this is the only way ‘hoaxers’ can create
      their circles without risking detection. But another important consideration
      is that, during sleep, our subconscious minds are in control. Sleep and the
      subconscious could well be a key factor, because it is our subconscious that
      interacts with symbols and mandalas. This has led some researchers to wonder
      if our subconscious could be responsible for somehow projecting symbols from
      this ‘well of thought’, such as crop formations.

      The crop circle phenomena has increased steadily since the 1970's, in
      concert with our increased interest in (and active participation in)
      meditation, magick, and yoga, as well as belief in metaphysics in general.
      Interestingly, many crop circle formations reflect key metaphysical
      pathways, with mystical, magical and spiritual formations such as the tree
      of life, cube of space, magickal stars and sacred geometry playing prominent
      roles. The more the people can recognise and relate to these symbols, the
      more they can subconsciously make a deeper connection to the phenomena
      itself through them. As a result the ‘new age’ movement continues to expand
      and grow, delving ever further into the esoteric (i.e. symbolic) side of our
      nature. Many people view crop circles as 'signs'. We should consider the
      possibility that the circles and the new age community feed on other - with
      both being outward expressions of an expanding collective consciousness.

      People are very aware of the non-physical experiences that meditation and
      energy work can bring, but as this develops, is it possible that, in
      addition to these more subtle energies, meditation may also manifest
      physical signs that show in our environment as crop circles? We often find
      that crop circles appear in the same places year in year out, a classic
      example of this is Avebury in Wiltshire, England. Avebury is home to the
      largest Neolithic stone circle in the world, making it a so-called ‘sacred
      site’. Like Stonehenge, Avebury is situated on two of England’s most
      important ley lines, the Michael and Mary Leys. Ley lines carry energy
      across the surface of the earth and much of this is psychic energy. Orbs,
      spheres of energy that manifest when psychic activity is high are often
      photographed in crop formations. People who have dowsed crop circles, report
      unusual energetic differences between circles which turn out to have been
      'hoaxed', and those of unknown origin.

      Fields of thoughts …. Or thought fields?

      Gene Roddenberry imagined a future in which Star Trek's Spock could “mind
      meld” with others, but what we think of as science fiction might be science
      fact. Cultures such as the Australian Aborigines have long held a belief in
      the validity and necessity of the collective consciousness.

      The field of quantum physics has been aware of the existence of
      gravitational, electric, and magnetic fields for a long time. Scientific
      research in the field of parapsychology indicates that other types of
      fields, including so called ‘thought fields’, may also exist. Research
      carried out by Roger Nelson's Global Consciousness Project using RNG (Random
      Number Generators) for example has suggested that groups of people produce
      far stronger results than either individuals or couples, even when the group
      members are unaware of their participation in a group activity. The classic
      example for this is the universal outpouring of grief experienced when
      Princess Diana was killed. The question is, whether this same kind of group
      conscious could be used to create crop circles and if ley lines could
      provide the channel for these thoughts.

      According to Robert Kenny of the Fetzer Institute, the results of current
      research suggest that millions of minds, when united with a specific focus,
      can have a powerful effect on the material world, mysteriously influencing
      normally random physical systems toward higher degrees of order.

      Any martial artist or healer will tell you that energy follows thought. If
      witness testimony is to be believed it seems to be the energy that
      physically creates crop circles as many report observing balls of energy
      creating the formations. Science has proved that sound waves of specific
      frequencies create geometric patterns in sand. It would be foolish to
      discount out of hand the possibility that thought patterns under certain
      conditions might work in a similar way.

      If some crop circles are the work of human beings that have connected to
      specific thought forms in a universal ‘well of thought’, and others are the
      result of the manifestation of group conscious or ‘field of thought’, the
      third option we need to consider takes us back to the work of Gene
      Roddenberry. It’s reasonable to consider that we really aren’t alone and
      that at least some formation could be the work of extraterrestrials who want
      to either make contact or observe our reaction to the crop circle phenomena.

      There does seem to be a definite connection between UFO sightings and the
      appearance of crop circles. Of course, this could be simply ‘coincidence’
      but it could also be an indication that at least a percentage of these
      circles are clear evidence of extraterrestrial contact. Careful analysis of
      the Chilbolton 'Arecibo message' formation discovered in Chilbolton in
      England in 2001 revealed binary code embedded in the formation that appeared
      to reply to a radio transmission that SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial
      Intelligence) sent from the Arecibo radio telescope in 1974. Likewise there
      have been numerous sightings of UFOs around crop circles, whether these UFO’
      s are responsible for their creation or are sometimes just as curious as us
      about where crop circles come from, we may never know.

      Often what we see in crop formations is based on mathematical models.
      According to holographic theory and quantum physics, the universe is a
      mathematical construct, geometrical and fractal imagery factors very highly
      in these formations and there must be a reason for that. These are not cases
      of random doodling. Regardless of how they are created, crop circles reflect
      the signature of the universe – mathematics, structure and order coming out
      of the chaos, in the same way, as a species we attempt to establish an
      understanding of the still uncertain message of the circles.

      Other Crop Circle Resources on ThothWeb:

      The Crop Circle Gallery
      Videos of Crop Circles

      Service.