763Re: [ufodiscussion] Now, Not Tomorrow's the Future.

  • John Smith
    Sep 1, 2004
      It's not an issue that I have to deal with. I don't plan on going anywhen
      anytime soon.

      Nonetheless, you have to deal with the issues along the line of 'what
      happens if I kill my grandmother before she has children'? Maybe your
      grandmother could be annihilated at the age of three and you might still
      have arrived. Maybe the stork would bring you. I would not be quick to
      take that chance. I'd go somewhere else and play with someone else's
      timeline to study cause and effect before I seriously considered playing
      with my own timeline. Even small changes in the past will, by extension,
      create big changes in the future. It's called "sensitive dependence on
      initial conditions", aka the butterfly effect.

      I am well aware that if you wish to believe that aliens come from the
      future, you can find evidence in ufology to support that belief. Even if
      they do, it doesn't automatically follow that they come from OUR future.
      That is one of the interesting things about ufology; you can find evidence
      that aliens are most anything you could want or imagine them to be, be it
      time travelers, interstellar travelers, inter-dimensional travelers, or
      whatever.

      Smitty