5146RE: [ufodiscussion] Basic Reality

    May 3, 2005
      First I don't think "correct" is the best word for the sentense below, maybe
      stable...
      Of which this article has bounced around so much to prove it's point I don't
      thJink it has...
      Dear Friends,

      http://nov55.com/bry.html

      Basic Reality

      The most basic realities create the foundation of any subject. Unless the
      foundation is correct, everything that follows will be a corruption. Yet the
      basics are usually skipped over, while the superficialities are argued. It's
      like starting a race five feet from the finish line. In the abstract world,
      people do things which would be criminal in the "real" world.

      The Definition of Reality

      One of the most basic realities is the definition of reality. All of the
      rest of philosophy depends upon it. Therefore, philosophy hasn't gotten to
      the starting point until reality is defined properly. Of course, it never
      is.

      The definition of reality has some highly demanding conditions to meet. It
      must include
      1. that which can be perceived,
      2. that which can be communicated and
      3. that which makes up thoughts.

      To make sense of this, we must understand surrounding concepts. Therefore,
      we first consider what existence is.

      J: I have to say here as to:"that which makes up thoughts", also decribes
      the Greater mind that all of us tap into at various points to arrive at our
      own thoughts. Since we all tap in at different points in the Universal Mind
      we necessarily might not have the same thoughts at any given time. Therefore
      reality will be different for whom ever is perceiving, communicating or
      thinking it, based on which thoughts in the universal mind you are tapping
      into... Gotta wake up Regan somehow...lol He can deal with the rest of this
      one...

      What Existence is

      Existence must be made up of substance and configurations. One cannot exist
      without the other.

      To determine this, we first evaluate substance without configurations, such
      as all air and nothing else. It has to have particles, which are
      configurations, before it can exist.

      Then consider configurations without substance. For this, we imagine a
      painting and then remove the substance, which is paint. The configurations
      disappear with the substance.

      We then test reality to determine its relationship to substance and
      configurations. So we ask the question of whether reality is in the
      substance of existence.

      Two clay models will be compared. One will be a car, and one will be a tree.
      They have the same substance, but the realities are different. So the
      reality is not in the substance.

      We therefore compare the configurations. The car has the configuration of a
      car, which makes it a car; and the tree has the configuration of a tree,
      which makes it a tree.

      Therefore, reality is the configuration of any substance. But does this
      definition meet the demanding requirements of reality? Are configurations
      perceivable? Yes. Are configurations communicable? yes. Are there
      configurations in thoughts? Yes.

      We must look at thoughts to see what they are. Thoughts are acquired through
      perception and stored as memories. Then they are modified by imagination or
      whatever.

      Perception

      The key question then is, does perception create configurations of a
      substance. One must be aware of the configurations to use the realities. A
      box must represent the configurations of a box. But is being aware of
      configurations having configurations? There is no significant difference.
      The reality is in the configurations either way.

      The manner in which reality is acquired by perception is by the awareness
      substance of the spirit contacting configurations and making copies of them
      in a template manner. Can I prove that? There is no such thing as proof of
      anything; but the evidence is that everything must have configurations, and
      therefore, thoughts must acquire configurations by contact of external
      realities in a template manner.

      Types of Realities

      There are a lot of terms related to reality which need to be clarified, such
      as subjective, objective, abstract and basic, plus more to be encountered
      later.

      Objective reality originates outside a person's mind. Subjective reality
      originates inside a person's mind. Abstract reality is nonperceivable
      reality, usually due to the complexity of the relationships.

      Basic realities are those upon which other realities depend. Since other
      realities depend upon them, they function as laws which influence realities.
      They are more important because of their greater influence.

      This gets to significance, which is about the same as importance.
      Significance could be defined as the relationships to surrounding realities,
      the more basic ones being more important.

      One of the most critical parts of judgment is determining significance.
      Discoveries have more to do with getting significances corrected than
      perceiving something that hasn't been perceived before. Of course, straining
      out gnats and swallowing camels is the opposite of correct significance.

      Unified Reality

      We now get to the accumulation of all significant realities, which is
      unified reality. It's everything.

      When realities have relationships between them, they get connected into a
      unit. There can only be one unit of any size for interrelated realities,
      because there is not more than one alternative for most realities or
      relationships. For example, one and one can only equal two and nothing else.

      Therefore, there is only one truth. Everyone has a somewhat different
      version of what it might be, but the source is invariable.

      So what is truth? It is the communicated representation of unified reality.

      The characteristics of unified reality include the important fact that it is
      objective. This means it has origins outside of minds. Some philosophers can
      waste a lifetime arguing that point, but we have more important things to
      do. If a molecule exists outside of minds, then a large amount of unified
      reality exists outside of minds, because the elements are all interrelated.

      The material universe is a molecular representation of unified reality,
      which is of course why it is called a universe. It means one verse. So the
      characteristics of unified reality can be determined by studying the
      molecular universe.

      A very important point to consider is that only unified reality allows a
      high degree of ordered complexity to exist.

      Defining Life

      Let's compare two types of complexity: ordered complexity and disordered
      complexity. Life is ordered complexity; and death is disordered complexity.

      But I don't define life as ordered complexity; I define it as unified
      reality. Unified reality is the complete and total order of complex
      realities, while no order can exist without it. So why define life in terms
      of a small fragment of something which can never exist in itself.

      In the biological sciences, life is generally defined in terms of molecular
      forms apart from their environments; but since the environments are
      essential to it, the concept is too narrow for philosophical purposes.

      Understanding is unified reality in the mind. A person must have a
      representation of unified reality in the mind before he can relate
      significantly to unified reality outside the mind. Getting one's mind
      together is getting it unified. This subject relates to all elements of
      intelligence and the proper handling of reality.

      Rationality

      An area which requires much focus of attention is rationality. It is where
      human responsibilities lie.

      So let's define rationality. Reason is making relationships between
      realities. Logic is the strictest application of reason.

      When relationships are made between realities, the realities must be
      unified. Significant relationships cannot be made between false realities
      (those which conflict with unified reality).

      The process of making relationships between realities causes unified reality
      to increase and false realities to decrease. No other outcome can occur,
      because only unified reality has complex relationships within it. So reason
      unifies realities.

      This process is not limited to philosophy. Whenever realities interact, the
      same thing occurs. It is automatic, and no one can prevent it, when
      realities interact.

      The reason why it is automatic is because consistent relationships are
      strengthened, and inconsistent relationships are weakened, whenever
      realities interact. Strengthening the consistent relationships unifies the
      realities, atleast partially.

      So all interactions of realities do the same thing as rationality does—they
      increase truth or unified reality—but not necessarily as precisely as
      controlled rationality might.

      Therefore, rationality is a basic human responsibility, not something to be
      replaced by authority.