3643Kenny Young Dies

    Feb 1, 2005

      This is a nice tribute to Kenny Young from Ron Schaffner. Posted originally at virtuallystrange.net

      In Memory Of Kenny
      From: Ron Schaffner <ronschaffner.nul>Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:50:12 -0500Fwd Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:04:38 -0500Subject: In Memory Of KennyKenny Young (1966-2005) dies at age 38Veteran UFO and unusual phenomena ResearcherVideo technician, director and producerBy Ron SchaffnerIt is with deep regret that I announce the passing of my friendKenny Young.I met Kenny back in 1994 after I got back into research after atwo-year sabbatical. I didn=92t even have to introduce myself tohim -- he knew who I was and offered me a warm welcome back whenI first came on board to the local cable access show out ofCincinnati: UFO Update Live.I knew that Kenny was going to be something special to Ufology.His early reports were very detailed and resembled legal briefsand police reports. He was very objective in his reporting whichis something one doesn't=92t see much of. His report on theLebanon Correctional Facility UFO case was very complete inevery aspect, as well as his Clermont County video case.A
      small group of us who were affiliated with the cable showdecided to start another Ohio group here. It was headed by thelate Pat Packard and called Advocates for Scientific Knowledge.After Pat=92s untimely death, we changed the name to Tri-StateAdvocates for Scientific Knowledge. Kenny was named as publicrelations director.One of the most celebrated cases of TASK was the 1996 and 1997UFO flap in southern Ohio. Kenny was very active at this timeand retrieved so much information, that we couldn=92t have solvedthe case without him.See:http://home.fuse.net/rschaffner/flap.htmhttp://home.fuse.net/ufo/flareinfo.htmlhttp://home.fuse.net/ufo/MARCH26.htmAfter the agreed reconstruction of TASK, Kenny went on to dosome important research in such areas of Monsanto, Peebles, OhioGE/Northrop plant and the Norwood, Ohio searchlight case of1949, which was initiated by the late Leonard Stringfield.Kenny had a natural instinct for working with local lawenforcement and retrieving 9/11 emergency
      dispatch tapes, when apossible UFO or Bigfoot report was called in. I can rememberhelping him with his first FOIA request, as I told him how toget around the fees that some agencies wanted. After that, itwas him that I turned to, to ask questions about this process.Perhaps his best retrieval was the Trumbull County, Ohiosightings by law enforcement, which chased a UFO in theircruisers and reported back to dispatch.Whenever there was case that needed more attention, Kenny wasalways there. I often wondered how he could afford all the longdistance phone calls, but that didn=92t matter to him, as long ashe received the information he was looking for. If anybody everneeded a favor, you could always count of Kenny.Kenny always loved a great conspiracy story. He didn=92t alwaysbelieve in all of them, but enjoyed researching them anyway. Ispent a lot of time talking with him about the =93FederalHypothesis=94, Area 51 and Roswell.Kenny also enjoyed the Bigfoot phenomena, as he worked with
      meon some reports, such as the 1997 case that occurred in AdamsCounty, Ohio. He investigated a few intriguing reports from thesame area on his own and was the first to report and debunk thealleged Bigfoot =93Campground Closures=94 of Salt Fork State Park inNortheastern Ohio.I also had the pleasure of assisting him in a strange creaturereport out of Indiana.http://home.fuse.net/ufo/indianafigure04.htmlMr. Young was very active in assisting Natural Light productions(Bob Leibold) in producing the UFO LIVE UPDATE programs thatwere viewed in the Cincinnati area. Kenny would become a livepanelist on this show and we won several awards. Kenny=92s videoclips were always a welcome sight. It was his idea to start a=91point-counterpoint=92 type of program to achieve 100%objectivity. Kenny was the advocate on the show and I would playthe skeptic. It always worked out great and gave the audiencethe option to make up their own minds on the information we setforth. We had some real fun with this
      and some thought we werebitter at each other. That was far from the truth, as we alwaysworked out the script before hand and laughed at each otherabout the acts we put on.There will always be more to say about this brilliant researcherand investigator. I have only touched on a few of hisaccomplishments.We will all miss you, Kenny. Hope you meet up with Pat andLeonard.=46rom all of us at UFO Update in Cincinnati, OhioThe Ohio groupsAll the Forteans around the worldBelow is the bio of Kenny taken from his own web site:http://home.fuse.net/ufo/about.htmlhttp://home.fuse.net/ufoPlease visit while the site is still on the Internet.Sincerely,Ron SchaffnerCreature Chronicleshttp://home.fuse.net/rschaffnerKenny Young, webmaster of "UFO RESEARCH: CINCINNATI!" is amulti-award winning television producer, director and writer andformerly a State Section Director for M.U.F.O.N. and also aformer public relations director of Tri-State Advocates forScientific Knowledge. He is now an independent
      researcher andhas lectured to large audiences about the UFO mystery and servedas a host, panelist and debater on several TV programs including"UFO Update: LIVE!" and the award winning documentary "UFOREPORT."In addition to evaluating UFO and related claims, conductingfield investigations and interviewing eyewitnesses and publicofficials, Young has worked successfully to obtain secret UFOvideo recordings held by the Department of Energy and has alsoobtained numerous 9-1-1 audio tapes of police/UFO incidents. Inaddition, he employs the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) topetition the U.S. government for release of UFO-relateddocuments.His articles have appeared in the "M.U.F.O.N. Journal," "UFOMagazine," "FATE Magazine" and "Equinox Magazine." He was thehost and organizer of the 39th Annual 2003 National UFOConference.Young's UFO investigations have also been featured nationally onthe 2-hour NBC Television program "CONFIRMATION=94 as well as"SIGHTINGS on The Sci-Fi Channel." He has
      appeared on numerousradio programs including "Strange Days Indeed with Errol BruceKnapp," "The Jeff Rense Show," "Coast to Coast A.M. with ArtBell," "Late Night with George Noory," "The Sci-Zone with BillBoshears," "The X-Zone with Rob McConnell," "The Jim HickmanReport" and many others.Kenny Young lives in Florence, Kentucky and is also a musician,artist and employed as Info channel Coordinator for a cabletelevision operation in the Greater Cincinnati area. He is alsoa freelance videographer and editor, specializing in graphicdesign.Young remains skeptical and objective concerning UFOs, but feelsthat a sober evaluation of the data suggests the phenomenawarrants further scrutiny.