145807.5 quake on California fault could be disastrous/ Sun Trimester

    Mar 30 8:38 PM
      Dear Group,
      Wonder what happens if a monster 8 or 9 magnitude EQ should
      hit in LA or anywhere else like it did in Japan a few years ago?
      To be sure, little preparation is being done for such
      earthquakes in Cali, way not enough to even begin! Yes, we can expect 8-9
      earthquakes and very shortly before this year-end I agree, as another Sun Trimester is heading our way in April.
      Thanks
      -

      7.5
      quake on California fault could be disastrous/ Sun Trimester

      LA HABRA, Calif. (AP) — Experts say a bigger
      earthquake along the lesser-known fault that gave Southern California a moderate
      shake could do more damage to the region than the long-dreaded "Big
      One" from the more famous San Andreas Fault.

      The Puente Hills thrust fault, which brought
      Friday night's magnitude-5.1 quake centered in La Habra and well over 100
      aftershocks by Sunday, stretches from northern Orange County under downtown Los
      Angeles into Hollywood — a heavily populated swath of the Los Angeles area.
      A magnitude-7.5 earthquake along that fault
      could prove more catastrophic than one along the San Andreas, which runs along
      the outskirts of metropolitan Southern California, seismologists said.
      The U.S. Geological Survey estimates that
      such a quake along the Puente Hills fault could kill 3,000 to 18,000 people and
      cause up to $250 billion in damage. In contrast, a larger magnitude 8 quake
      along the San Andreas would cause an estimated 1,800 deaths.http://news.yahoo.com/7-5-quake-california-fault-could-disastrous-163319298.html