12992Boy Struck By Meteorite

    Jun 12, 2009
      (Note: The military want to classify fireball reports. Hmm..I wonder why? Are there more expected incoming?)

      SPACE.com Space.com Staff

      space.com � Fri Jun 12, 9:45 am ET
      A 14-year old German boy was hit in the hand by a pea-sized meteorite that scared the bejeezus out of him and left a scar.
      "When it hit me it knocked me flying and then was still going fast enough to bury itself into the road," Gerrit Blank said in a newspaper account. Astronomers have analyzed the object and conclude it was indeed a natural object from space, The Telegraph reports.