12355Re: [ufodiscussion] Clark C. McClelland

    Aug 3, 2008
      'Hi Regan: I know who you are.....'

      If you did know who I am then you would cease your misguided antagonism
      towards me. I am an aspect of the One Self that we all are. Why are you
      attacking yourself, Shane?

      'Ufonuts was my cute way of including all of us, regardless of nationality,
      race, height, weight, etc. Maybe I'm talking over your head.'

      Talking over your own head, it sounds like to me. You said "american
      ufonuts". "american" is not "regardless of nationality", is it? And
      "ufonuts" is used frequently by establishment spokespeople in the media as a
      derisory term for people who take an interest in UFOs and ETs. It's
      definitely not "cute". I am wondering why you didn't know this already,
      seeing as how you are so "adult" and all.

      'I didn't insult anyone.'

      Oh really? How do you know that? You have called us all by a commonplace
      derogatory term that implies we are nuts and you have called my original
      post in this thread "smug, arrogant drivel". Are you so unconscious of what
      you are doing that you don't know when you are insulting people?

      'My grampa told me once the best way to get attention was to fart loudly. I
      guess he was right.'

      Nevertheless, farting in public is impolite and offends against the
      unwritten rules of polite society. It is disrespectful to others and to the
      rules of social harmony. It is rude, it is disruptive and it causes
      offence. Having said that though, I am aware of a certain "punk" contingent
      in modern society that actually likes to be farted at, spat upon, and worse
      on occasions. However, while such disgusting exhibitions of contempt for
      human sensibility may be perfectly acceptable - and even desirable - at punk
      music festivals, this list is not a punk music festival and I suggest that
      it would not be a good idea to accept them here, even in a metaphorical,
      literary-verbal form.

      'Yes, I know all about the NWO - oooh, I'm skeerd!'

      You mentioned the NWO, I didn't. The NWO is only a relatively small and
      transitory part of what I was referring to.

      'Why don't YOU write Oprah and tell her to get McClelland on?'

      Because it is not my way to tell others what to do. You see, Shane? You do
      not know me at all. If you did know me you would know my way and would not
      need to ask such a question.

      'Why don't ALL OF US write Oprah and tell her to get McClelland on?'

      Why do you want ALL OF US to do that? What purpose would it serve? What
      effect would it achieve? At what cost to whom? You are putting forward a
      proposal for concerted collective action without any supporting explanation
      about anything. What are you expecting of us all, Shane? That we "JUST DO
      IT" because you suggested it?

      'And as far as yelling - would you whisper that your house is on fire?'

      If I knew that the fire had been started by the Secret Government and that
      one of their hit-teams was ready and waiting to shoot my head off if I did
      yell "Fire!", I think I might only whisper it, yes, and even then only to
      people who I felt that I could trust too.

      'As far as you wishing me good luck on my enterprise, I'm still waiting for
      YOUR $5 contribution.'

      For what reason/s should I give you $5, Shane? You still have not explained
      those to me. You have only given me reasons to NOT give you $5! Your
      uncivil, personally offensive manner towards me being a prime one.

      'The Choir is not worth much if they can't harmonize.'

      Not worth much to you, perhaps. But "farting" is not "harmonizing", is it?
      I wonder how much you are worth to the Choir while you continue to indulge
      in such nauseous attention-seeking.

      'Oh yes, one more thing: JUST DO IT! is not a command - it's a PLEA!'

      "JUST DO IT" would be a plea if you added some deferential wording to it,
      such as "please" or "if you please". That recognises the right of the
      recipients of your plea to deny it if they choose to. But by itself it is
      an imperative - a command. You appear to be in denial about this, Shane.

      'To humans, that is. Are you sure you don't have some Reticulan blood in
      you?'

      I might well have some Reticulan blood in me for all I know. So might all
      of us, I gather.

      'Nice talkin' with you, tho.......beats screaming at those Nazis pounding on
      my door!'

      Yes, those Nazis are a problem, aren't they? Are they pounding on your door
      from outside you or from within you though? From the way that you've been
      issuing orders here, it looks to me as though they could be inner-Nazis in
      fact. It's no use screaming at those, you know, because they cannot hear
      you whatever you say. They are the part of yourself that is determined to
      assert itself absolutely, unconditionally, without compromise and without
      regard for other people's thoughts, feelings and perceptions. They are the
      part of you that wants to make things happen and get things done with no
      objections and no arguments and no accounting to anyone for it afterwards.
      They are the part of you that does not want to negotiate - the part that
      expects action on demand and tells people: "JUST DO IT!". They are the
      Absolute Dictator in you.

      It would be nicer talking to you if you would curb your so far irresistible
      urges to fart at me.