Basics of ucos

  • nagaraj_s_bhat@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
      Hai all,

      I am a novice in ucos.

      Can anybody tell me, where can i get some basic online tutorial on
      ucos ?

      Thank you.
      -Nagaraj.
    • Guy Lancaster
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
        nagaraj_s_bhat@... wrote:
         Can anybody tell me, where can i get some basic online tutorial on
        ucos ?
          I don't know of any online tutorial but I would recommend Jean's book for that purpose.

                   Guy

      • Mauricio Alvarez Mesa
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
          Hi all

          You can view an online article from JJ labrousse "Designing with real time
          kernels" in the Embedded System Conference web page www.esconline.com, in
          this paper he presents an overview of RTOS an real time programming.

          Mauricio Alvarez Mesa malvarez@...
          Tel (574) 2105560 Of. 18-311
          Grupo de Microlectrónica Departamento de Ingenería Electrónica
          Universidad de Antioquia Medellín Colombia

          On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Nagaraj Bhat wrote:

          > Hai all,
          >
          > Thanks for suggestions.
          >
          > -Nagaraj.
          >
          > --- Enrico Migliore <enrico.migliore@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Sridhara Babu wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi All,
          > > >
          > > > No doubt "An Embedded Software Primer" is very
          > > good book.
          > > >
          > > > What about RTOS basics is there any book ? I know
          > > one
          > > > book "MicroC/OS-II" from Jean J. Labrosse. I have
          > > not
          > > > read this. If any one in the group knows more
          > > about this or any
          > > > other books on RTOS basics please mail to this
          > > group.
          > > >
          > > > with rgds,
          > > > babu
          > > >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > "MicroC/OS-II" from Jean J. Labrosse is probably
          > > the best book for
          > > learning RTOS internals and its services, as far as
          > > I know.
          > > Consider also the fact that the book comes with an
          > > x86 version
          > > of ucosII in order for you to get practice on your
          > > PC.
          > > "An embedded software primer" is focused on
          > > embedded systems in general.
          > > There are a couple of chapters dedicated to explain
          > > an embedded application
          > > developed on top of ucos V1.1
          > >
          > > Enrico

        • Behnam Tabatabai
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
            --- In ucos-net@y..., nagaraj_s_bhat@y... wrote:
            > Hai all,
            >
            > I am a novice in ucos.
            >
            > Can anybody tell me, where can i get some basic online tutorial on
            > ucos ?
            >
            > Thank you.
            > -Nagaraj.

            I would recommend "An Embedded Software Primer" by David E. Simon,
            Addison-Wesley. It is not specific to ucos, but an excellent
            introduction to embedded systems in general. In my opinion, if you
            know the basics of real time operating systems, you should have no
            problems with specifics of ucos, which is rather a simple RTOS. In
            this sense, this book might be a good starting point.

            Behnam
          • Sridhara Babu

              > Can anybody tell me, where can i get some basic online tutorial on
              > ucos ?
              >
              > Thank you.
              > -Nagaraj.

              I would recommend "An Embedded Software Primer" by David E. Simon,
              Addison-Wesley. It is not specific to ucos, but an excellent
              introduction to embedded systems in general. In my opinion, if you
              know the basics of real time operating systems, you should have no
              problems with specifics of ucos, which is rather a simple RTOS. In
              this sense, this book might be a good starting point.

              Behnam

              *******************Confidential Notice********************

              This e-mail communication may contain information that is
              confidential and privileged. The information is intended
              to be for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the
              named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
              copy this e-mail: to do so could be a breach of confidence.

              Kshema Technologies Ltd.,
              # 1, Global Village, Mylasandra,
              Mysore Road, Bangalore 560059, INDIA.
              Tel: (91)-80-8603600-17
              Fax: (91)-80-8603372

            • Enrico Migliore
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
                Sridhara Babu wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > No doubt "An Embedded Software Primer" is very good book.
                >
                > What about RTOS basics is there any book ? I know one
                > book "MicroC/OS-II" from Jean J. Labrosse. I have not
                > read this. If any one in the group knows more about this or any
                > other books on RTOS basics please mail to this group.
                >
                > with rgds,
                > babu

                Hi,

                "MicroC/OS-II" from Jean J. Labrosse is probably the best book for
                learning RTOS internals and its services, as far as I know.
                Consider also the fact that the book comes with an x86 version
                of ucosII in order for you to get practice on your PC.
                "An embedded software primer" is focused on embedded systems in general.
                There are a couple of chapters dedicated to explain an embedded application
                developed on top of ucos V1.1

                Enrico
              • Nagaraj Bhat
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001