Re: ublas developer list accepting new members?

  • Ian McCulloch
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      (from the boost-user group)

      Paul Baxter wrote:

      > I've seen a number of ublas questions here recently (including my own);
      is
      > there difficulty in joining the ublas-dev list on yahoo groups? (Daniel
      > Elliot also commented on this last week.)
      >
      > My membership application there is pending still - its only been 2 days
      > for me but still no posts on ublas from Daniel. (Has everyone in the US
      > gone on holiday to avoid the election coverage?).
      >
      > Could the registration process at ublas-dev in yahoo groups be relaxed as
      > there do appear to be measures to stop spambots autoregistering.

      I don't know why any of the ublas devs have commented on this at
      boost-user (or maybe they have but I missed it?).

      There is a serious problem with the ublas list in that it seems that Joerg
      Walter is the only administrator and although he has not been active on the
      list for a year or more (?), apparantly he has still been handling
      membership approvals. There have been some attempts to contact Joerg, but
      all unsucessful (AFAIK).

      At the ublas developers meeting late last month, it was decided to start a
      new list if this could not be resolved promptly. I guess its now getting a
      bit overdue?

      HTH,
      Ian McCulloch
    • Toon Knapen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2004
        Ian McCulloch wrote:

        > (from the boost-user group)
        >
        > Paul Baxter wrote:
        >

        >>I've seen a number of ublas questions here recently (including my own);
        >
        > is
        >
        >>there difficulty in joining the ublas-dev list on yahoo groups? (Daniel
        >>Elliot also commented on this last week.)
        >>

        > There is a serious problem with the ublas list in that it seems that Joerg
        > Walter is the only administrator and although he has not been active on the
        > list for a year or more (?), apparantly he has still been handling
        > membership approvals. There have been some attempts to contact Joerg, but
        > all unsucessful (AFAIK).
        >
        > At the ublas developers meeting late last month, it was decided to start a
        > new list if this could not be resolved promptly. I guess its now getting a
        > bit overdue?

        I agree. Michael any luck contacting Joerg ?
      • Patrick Kowalzick
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2004
          Dear all,

          is there a possibility to contact yahoo directly? Perhaps they can add
          another administrator?

          Regards,
          Patrick