vector_temporary_type

  • Karl Meerbergen
    Message 1 of 53 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hi,

      Is it correct that vector_temporary_type is not defined for expression types?
      Some old code that used matrix_range of an expression does no longer compile.
      I think that vector_temporary_type should be added to all expression types.

      Here is a small example that does not compile. Unless i did something wrong.
      This is my first experience with ublas_pure.

      #include <boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp>
      #include <boost/numeric/ublas/io.hpp>
      #include <iostream>

      int main() {
      using namespace boost::numeric ;

      ublas::matrix<double> m( 5, 4 ) ;

      std::cout << (-m) ( ublas::range::all(), ublas::range::all() ) <<
      std::endl ;

      return 0 ;
      }

      Thanks,

      Karl
    • Karl Meerbergen
      Message 53 of 53 , Nov 5, 2004
        Hi Michael,

        I have been sending plenty of messages to the uBLAS mailing list. Let us talk
        when you are back. Many of the changes can be committed straight into the
        trunk by Toon, but we may have to talk a little first in order to make sure I
        did the right thing.

        Here is a list of most modifications in my version:

        - added vector_temporary_traits and matrix_temporary_traits, used in
        matrix_proxy.hhp, vector_proxy.hpp, symmetric.hpp and hermitian.hpp

        - use functor/traits for map_capacity in storage_sparse.hpp

        - Typoes in mapped_vector
        * (nzz_capacity() )
        * (ii.first)->first instead of (ii->first).first

        - missing include files in detail/iterator.hpp, detail/matrix_assign.hpp,
        matrix.hpp

        - Added basic_range::operator=( basic_range const& r) in storage.hpp

        - type of address1 and address2 has changed in compressed_matrix::find1() and
        find2() to make std::min compile

        - lots of public/private stuff in expression types.

        - Port to IBM for scalar_assign, scalar_plus_assign, scalar_minus_assign (to
        be discussed with Toon)

        - I also changed same_impl_ex in exception.hpp because sometimes the
        size_type's are difference and then same_impl_ex is not found.

        That's it.

        Regards,

        Karl