Welcome at the mailing list.

  • jhrwalter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
      Hi,

      first of all I'd like to welcome you here at the new mailing list.

      I've uploaded my current development snapshot to the files section.
      We'll have to decide how much of these changes I'll commit to boost
      CVS before the release of 1.29.0 in the next week.

      Actual problem under investigation: Michael Stevens reported a
      ambiguity problem of project(...,indirect_array<>) with other project
      () functions under MSVC 6.0 and 7.0. I'll try to improve the
      signature and test with GCC and Intel.

      Best regards

      Joerg

      P.S.: Did anyone of you ever use valgrind to check ublas ;-)?
      Recommended tool.
    • jhrwalter
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
        --- In ublas-dev@y..., "jhrwalter" <jhr.walter@t...> wrote:
        [snip]

        > Actual problem under investigation: Michael Stevens reported a
        > ambiguity problem of project(...,indirect_array<>) with other
        > project() functions under MSVC 6.0 and 7.0. I'll try to improve the
        > signature and test with GCC and Intel.

        I've changed the signature of the corresponding functions from
        something like

        template<class V, class IA>
        BOOST_UBLAS_INLINE
        vector_indirect<V, IA > project (V &data, const IA &ia) {
        return vector_indirect<V, IA > (data, ia);
        }

        template<class V, class A>
        BOOST_UBLAS_INLINE
        vector_indirect<V, indirect_array<A> > project (V &data, const
        indirect_array<A> &ia) {
        return vector_indirect<V, indirect_array<A> > (data, ia);
        }

        This seems to work for GCC 3.1. Could someone please check the new
        upload, if this allows us to use

        project(project(v, range(...)), range(...))

        without ambiguity errors under MSVC?

        Thanks

        Joerg