Re: [ublas-dev] Bug in generalized_vector_of_vector

  • Gunter Winkler
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2004
      Hello Michael,

      Zitat von Michael Stevens <Michael.Stevens@...>:

      > Actually much of my confusion is because I don't know what
      > generalized_vector_of_vector is meant for. Obviously it is currently
      > experimental and undocumented. Does anyone know its history and relation to
      > vector_of_vector in matrix.hpp?

      Generalized vector was based on my ideas. For assembling large sparse matrices
      it very important to have fast access to any row and to be able to insert
      elements in each row independently (and out of order). So I asked for a matrix
      type like
      vector< sparse_vector<double> > . Unfortunatly vov can only handle dense vectors
      like vector < vector<double> >. So Joerg decided to hack the sparse proxies into
      vov and create generalized vov, which is designed for (nearly) any combination
      of vectors. (read = vector < any_vector< ... > >)

      I will have a closer look at gvov some day.

      mfg
      Gunter