Re: [ublas-dev] matrix_vector_range ( and documentation in general )

  • Michael Stevens
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
      Hello Gunter,

      > > Regarding documentation in general, it is fairly good as far as open
      > > source projects go, but it could be much improved. Most importantly, a
      > > short description of what a class is designed for and what it can and
      > > can't do. Especially non-straightforward stuff like the different
      > > sparse vector and sparse matrix types. The current documentation is
      > > not very helpful for getting an idea of what the storage layouts are
      > > and in what contexts you would want to use which type of sparse
      > > matrix/vector.>

      > Please have a look at my page, too:
      > https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~wgu/ublas/matrix_sparse_usage.html

      The comments regarding the documentation are all true. In order to help
      develop uBLAS and to help out Joerg any contributions in this regard are
      useful.
      My own Effective uBLAS on the Boost Wiki needs some work.
      http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Effective_UBLAS

      Gunter page on sparse matrices is very informative. We could use this as the
      basis for documenting the sparse types. Gunter would you mind if I cut bits
      out and use them as the basis to extend the official uBLAS documents?

      Michael
    • Gunter Winkler
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2004
        Zitat von Michael Stevens <Michael.Stevens@...>:

        > or documenting the sparse types. Gunter would you mind if I cut bits
        > out and use them as the basis to extend the official uBLAS documents?

        No, I don't mind. You can copy as much as you need.

        mfg
        Gunter