Poor taste in typography?

  • siouxdax
    Message 1 of 57 , Aug 11, 2000
      Is it in poor taste to use the per cent sign (%)
      to serve as an abbreviation for "in care of" when
      addressing a letter? It's easier to use than to type "c/o"
      and looks a lot better on the page. I'm really picky
      when it comes to typographic rule, but I'm not sure
      about this one. <br><br>By the way, I'm a new member.
      Glad to see this
    • kalligraphos
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 8, 2002
        Well, you know, if I could afford to shovel out
        the buck for Fontographer, I'd just make the darn
        thing myself... ;)<br><br>The one I found will suffice
        I think. It is a little quiry, and could use
        improving, but for what it will be used for, I guess I'll
        have to make due.<br><br>Perhaps someday I'll get a
        copy of Fontographer for myself, but right now, I've
        got more important things to throw $300+ dollars
        at...<br><br>--Kalligraphos