Embedded Web Fonts

  • reedgs
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 7, 1999
      Here's more news about embedded fonts for web
      sites. It's a thorough tutorial about how to use
      embedded fonts. You need a font embedding application,
      which you can download for free. You need to be
      careful. Some embedded font files and type faces work only
      in Internet Explorer, while others work in Netscape
      too. <br><br>Here's the url for the
      tutorial:<br><br><a href=http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/design/fonts/tutorials/tutorial2.html?tw=ed19991106 target=new>http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/design/fonts/tutorials/tutorial2.html?tw=ed199
      font selections you have without embedding are good.
      The author of the tutorial thinks we need more font
      selections--so we need to embed fonts.) <br><br>I've been using
      Frontpage 2000 at the library. The new local library, just
      remodeled and rebuilt, has a new computer lab. The not only
      has a bank of 100 new reference and web access
      computers. It has about 25 more new computers in the quiet
      and clean computer lab that offer software like
      PowerPoint, Access, and Netscape 2000--all for free. It's
      hard to find a computer service that offers web
      building tools.<br><br>I'm using Frontpage 2000. The
      predesigned web formats look interesting, but I'm creating my
      own formats at the library, using my photography for
      backgrounds. I was surprised that the Frontpage 2000 offers
      buttons that have special effects--they glow for example.
      But they are JAVA-based buttons--invisible without
      JAVA. The font selection and sizes are standard
      choices--that means they seem either too big or too small.
    • kalligraphos
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 8, 2002
        Well, you know, if I could afford to shovel out
        the buck for Fontographer, I'd just make the darn
        thing myself... ;)<br><br>The one I found will suffice
        I think. It is a little quiry, and could use
        improving, but for what it will be used for, I guess I'll
        have to make due.<br><br>Perhaps someday I'll get a
        copy of Fontographer for myself, but right now, I've
        got more important things to throw $300+ dollars
        at...<br><br>--Kalligraphos