Super Typhoon MAYSAK Update #002

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2015

      for Tuesday, 31 March 2015 [8:28 PM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      SUPER TYPHOON MAYSAK UPDATE NUMBER 002
      Issued at: 7:00 PM PhT (11:00 GMT) Tuesday 31 March 2015
      Next Update: Wednesday Morning, 01 April 2015

      MAYSAK continues to rapidly intensify and now attains Super Typhoon strength while traversing the warm waters of the Western North Pacific Ocean - may pose a threat to the Philippines this weekend. Forecast to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by Thursday morning (April 02).

      Residents and visitors along Eastern Visayas, Bicol Region and Eastern Luzon should closely monitor the development of Maysak.

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by this current tropical cyclone.

      None for the next 4 days.

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 5:00 PM PhT today, Mar 31...0900 GMT.

      Classification/Name: STY Maysak
      Location: Over Western Micronesia, Caroline Islands (near 10.1N 140.5E)
      About: 270 km east-northeast of Colonia, Yap...or 600 km east of the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR)
      Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 240 kph near the center...Gustiness: 295 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center): 100 to 300 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
      Minimum Central Pressure: 918 millibars (hPa)
      Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 960 km (Medium)
      Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 130 km from the Center
      Past Movement: West-Northwest @ 25 kph
      Forecast Movement: West-Northwest @ 20 kph
      Towards: Western Micronesia-Eastern Philippine Sea

      2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*

      STY MAYSAK will continue to move on a generally west-northwest track throughout the forecast outlook. On the forecast track, MAYSAK will pass close to the north of Yap and Ulithi Islands on Wednesday early morning and shall be entering the PAR on Thursday morning (Apr 02).

      MAYSAK will continue to gain strength within the next 24 hours, before it starts its weakening trend through 48 hours. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds increasing further to 270 kph by Wednesday afternoon.

      The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary* for this system:

      WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON: Approaching PAR, strengthens more...about 240 km northwest of Colonia, Yap [2PM APR 01: 11.3N 136.9E @ 240kph].
      THURSDAY AFTERNOON: Entering the easternmost-central part of the Philippine, weakens slightly...about 1,070 km east-southeast of Virac, Catanduanes [2PM APR 02: 12.5N 134.1E @ 220kph].
      FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Turns slightly to northwest, continues to gradually weaken as it tracks across the eastern part of the Philippine Sea...about 760 km east-northeast of Virac, Catanduanes [2PM APR 03: 14.3N 131.3E @ 200kph].

      *Current WPF Forecast Confidence Level: HIGH.

      Important Note: Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES

      Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Tue Mar 31, 2015
      Location of Eye: Near 10.1º N Lat 140.5º E Lon
      Distance 1: 595 km SW of Hagatna, Guam
      Distance 2: 730 km NE of Koror, Palau
      Distance 3: 1590 km E of Northern Mindanao, PHL
      Distance 4: 1620 km ESE of Samar, PHL
      Distance 5: 1795 km ESE of Bicol Region, PHL

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20150331110403.gif&t=1512962170&sig=XVnx8JgM4pxTE7u2eFqAPg--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20150331110452.GIF&t=1512962170&sig=Ixp7l4NML3VdPxIGkeU.Vg--~D

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE
      :

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F04W%2Fimagery%2Frb0-lalo.gif&t=1512962170&sig=QzP1Jz5gFEc_fDl4RvvaRQ--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on STY MAYSAK...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2015 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved