TD PEIPAH (DOMENG) Update #018

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2014

      for Wednesday, 09 April 2014 [1:46 PM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      TROPICAL DEPRESSION PEIPAH (DOMENG) UPDATE NUMBER 018
      Issued at: 12:00 PM PhT (04:00 GMT) Wednesday 09 April 2014
      Next Update: 6:00 PM PhT (10:00 GMT) Wednesday 09 April 2014

      Tropical Depression PEIPAH (DOMENG) has been quasi-stationary during the past 6 hours over the South Philippine Sea...may still pose a threat to Eastern Visayas this weekend.

      Residents and visitors along Mindanao, Visayas and Bicol Region should closely monitor the development of TD Peipah (Domeng).

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines with possible or ongoing effects caused by the current tropical cyclone.

      EASTERN & CENTRAL VISAYAS including SURIGAO PROVINCES, DINAGAT & SIARGAO ISLANDS:  Moderate to Heavy rains of 30 to 50 mm are likely to occur beginning Friday morning until Monday morning. Residents in these areas are advised to be always on alert and closely monitor the weather situation for possible changes in its forecast.

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 11:00 AM PhT today...0300 GMT.

      Location: Over the northern part of the South Philippine Sea (near 8.3N 130.2E)
      About: 415 km east-northeast of Cateel, Davao Oriental...or 590 km southeast of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
      Maximum Sustained Winds (1-min avg): 55 kph near the center...Gustiness: 75 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near and west of the center): 2 to 500 mm [Slight to Extreme]
      Size (in diameter): 610 km (Small)
      Past Movement: Quasi-stationary
      Forecast Movement: Northwest at 05 kph
      Towards: Eastern Visayas

      3-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*

      Peipah (Domeng) is expected to continue moving northwestward slowly throughout the forecast period. On the forecast track, the core of TD Peipah will move across the southern edge of the East Philippine Sea on Thursday through Saturday morning.

      Peipah (Domeng) is expected to re-strengthen within the next 24 hours...and could regain Tropical Storm (TS) classification. However, after 48 to 72 hours Peipah will start to weaken as it moves closer to the coast of Eastern Samar. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 1-minute maximum sustained winds increasing back to 65 kph on Thursday morning...and down to 45 kph on Saturday morning.

      The following is the summary of the 3-day forecast outlook on this system:

      THURSDAY MORNING: Becomes a TS anew while moving NW slowly across the northern edge of the South Philippine Sea...about 425 km ESE of Siargao Island [8AM APR 10: 8.8N 129.8E @ 65kph].
      FRIDAY MORNING: Starts to weaken while moving across the northern edge of the South Philippine Sea...about 275 km ENE of Siargao Island [8AM APR 11: 10.0N 128.6E @ 55kph].
      SATURDAY MORNING: Just a weak Tropical Depression (TD) as it moves closer to the coast of Eastern Samar...about 110 km ESE of Guiuan, Eastern Samar [8AM APR 12: 11.0N 126.8E @ 45kph].

      *Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.

      Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES & TECHNICAL INFO

      Time/Date: 11:00 AM PhT Wed Apr 09, 2014
      Class/Name: TD Peipah (Domeng)
      Minimum Central Pressure: 1000 millibars (hPa)

      Location of Center: Near 8.3º N Lat 130.2º E Lon
      Distance 1: 415 km ENE of Cateel, Davao Oriental
      Distance 2: 430 km E of Bislig City
      Distance 3: 490 km SE of Siargao Island
      Distance 4: 540 km ESE of Surigao City
      Distance 5: 590 km SE of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
      T2K/WP StormTrack (for Public): GIF

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.typhoon2000.ph%2Fadvisorytrax%2F2014%2Fdomeng18.gif&t=1511042518&sig=16Mh5OWQrKS1yXB60c6K8A--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20140409044146.GIF&t=1511042518&sig=TGggU9rgipCMGri2nL2ANg--~D

      CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE
      :

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssd.noaa.gov%2FPS%2FTROP%2Ffloaters%2F05W%2Fimagery%2Frb0-lalo.gif&t=1511042518&sig=xPWPb52woLFoO5wwuy1zTg--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on TD PEIPAH (DOMENG)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved