2160LPA...Ex-TD MEKKHALA (AMANG) Update #019 [FINAL]

  • Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)
    Jan 19 9:32 PM

      for Monday, 19 January 2015 [7:45 AM PhT]

      WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES

      LOW PRESSURE AREA FORMERLY TROPICAL DEPRESSION MEKKHALA (AMANG) UPDATE NUMBER 019 [FINAL]
      Issued at: 7:00 AM PhT (23:00 GMT) Monday 19 January 2015

      Tropical Depression MEKKHALA (AMANG) has dissipated into an area of low pressure as it makes another landfall over Aurora and tracks over Southern Isabela.

      The remnants of Mekkhala (Amang) and the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) will continue to bring cooler, windy and cloudy conditions with occasional slight to moderate rains along Northern Luzon...becoming moderate to heavy across the Babuyan and Batanes Group of Islands, and Cagayan within the next 24 hours..

      *This is the last and final update on Mekkhala (Amang).

      Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.

      CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND

      Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected
      by the hazards generated by the remnants of current tropical cyclone.

      • Moderate to Heavy Rains (30 mm to 50 mm): Babuyan and Batanes Group of Islands - until Tuesday morning (Jan 20).

      CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION

      As of 5:00 AM PhT today, Jan 19...2100 GMT.

      Classification/Name: LPA formerly TD Mekkhala (Amang)
      Location: Over Southeastern Isabela (near 16.8N 122.3E)
      About: 25 km south-southwest of Palanan, Isabela...or 110 km southeast of Tuguegarao, Cagayan
      Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 35 kph near the center...Gustiness: 55 kph
      24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near and north of the center): 50 to 200 mm [Moderate to Heavy]
      Minimum Central Pressure: 1004 millibars (hPa)
      Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 700 km (Medium)
      Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): None
      Past Movement: North-Northeast @ 26 kph
      Forecast Movement: North-Northeast
      Towards: Babuyan Channel

      ADDITIONAL DISTANCES

      Time/Date: 5:00 AM PhT Mon Jan 19, 2015
      Location of Center: Near 16.8º N Lat 122.3º E Lon
      Distance 1: 75 km NNE of Casiguran, Aurora
      Distance 2: 185 km ENE of Baguio City
      Distance 3: 190 km S of Santa Ana, Cagayan
      Distance 4: 70 km SE of Ilagan Isabela
      Distance 5: 65 km E of Cauayan, Isabela

      CURRENT TRACKING MAP:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20150118230657.gif&t=1516309511&sig=kxMptnbltCnnP.Ju8GgWJg--~D

      CURRENT UW-CIMSS/MTSAT-2 SATELLITE ANIMATION:

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweather.com.ph%2Fimages%2F20150118230844.GIF&t=1516309511&sig=GZ2eVXn45dugdhSDTV1Yzw--~D

      NOTE:

      >> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:

      http://typhoon2000.ph/tcterm.htm

      http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml
          http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/acronyms.shtml

      For the complete details on Ex-TD MEKKHALA (AMANG)...go visit our website @:

      http://www.typhoon2000.com
      http://www.maybagyo.com

      :: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:

      http://www.typhoon2000.ph/disclaimer.htm

      Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com     All Rights Reserved